2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Her flip and Lutz scare me. I pray she doesn't fall down everytime I see her attempt those jumps.

Agreed. As impressive as her 3lz-3lo combo is, just watching it gives me the heebie-jeebies, so much twisting and torque going on there, I fear for her hips and ankles :eek: thank goodness she is a strong girl and he body seems prepared to handle that kind of movement.

IleK

On the Ice
Today's competitive skating (SP) of Elizaveta IUSHENKO (born 06 Jan 2000), score 58.86 total, 35.16 TES, 23.70 PCS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey6NWoYMABQ

So beautiful, isn't she?

Yes, she is.I wonder where all this girls are coming from. The Russian Figure Skating Factory, only girls, they are not making boys right know:). Do you know if all the well known senior and junior ladies are taking part at this tests? I know Alena is. But also Adelina, Liza, Julia, Nikol, Polina,Elena, Anna?

Country
Russia
Do you know if all the well known senior and junior ladies are taking part at this tests? I know Alena is. But also Adelina, Liza, Julia, Nikol, Polina,Elena, Anna?
Video is not from test skate, it is from Open Moscow Junior Championships.

Test skate was at Sochi, there were Adelina, Alena, Julia, Liza, Nikol.

About boys - tomorrow at OpenMoscow will skate Alexander SAMARIN, maybe he will land his first at competition 3A.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Video is not from test skate, it is from Open Moscow Junior Championships.

Test skate was at Sochi, there were Adelina, Alena, Julia, Liza, Nikol.

About boys - tomorrow at OpenMoscow will skate Alexander SAMARIN, maybe he will land his first at competition 3A.

good, he was ill again right ? Samarin's spot was replaced by Kvitivanishvili in Kosice Czech Rep. :mad:

test skate is up videos of Martiusheva/Rogonov http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gLfPrcjgWM,
music by ? Catherine Lara - Aral http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oiEi3GAxSA
amazing lines and lovely couple, if she can just be consistent with her jumps

hanca

Record Breaker
yes, it is Sarabande. But thanks for the link for Catherine Lara - Aral. I like that music.

cassiem

On the Ice
Nice to see Martiusheva landing her triple jump. She is still only 18. Way too young to write her off, especially since none of the younger Russian pairs have consistent jumps.

Gainetdinova still appears to be the most promising of Russia's female pairs in the junior ranks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDTu2HTX_A
But has G/B's triple twist improved? If not, she will eventually have to look for another partner.

hanca

Record Breaker
Gainetdinova as most promising junior pair female? How comes? They placed as the lowest scoring Russian pair at junior worlds in March 2013 and at their junior nationals they were also only third (beaten by other two junior pairs), so why would she be the most promising? I am not sure how exactly you measure who is most promising, but as a pair they as not delivering well enough at the moment to be the most promising ones.

cassiem

On the Ice
For the obvious reason, she can land two different triple jumps, which only one other Russian junior pair has shown: Tarasova/Morozov (but T/M are lacking artistically). Gainetidnova has beautiful polish and lines and can land the triples!

Was Volosozhar a poor pair skater before teaming up with Trankov?

mielikki

Rinkside
IDK about most or least promising, but she looks very nice with Bich and they don't have much more problems than any Russian junior pair.
And Kamilla seems to be a girl with character, which takes to be a smart kind of guy to work with her.
She left him and returned to Moscow where she's originally from. But he had the guts to throw away his wounded pride, came to her to Moscow, left his home/friends/coach and now lives in a hostel. Not bad.

oleada

Record Breaker
Yuscheno is lovely. Hope she gets assigned to the JGP. Proklova is assigned to 3 events, and isn't Stavistkaia injured?

hanca

Record Breaker
For the obvious reason, she can land two different triple jumps, which only one other Russian junior pair has shown: Tarasova/Morozov (but T/M are lacking artistically). Gainetidnova has beautiful polish and lines and can land the triples!

Was Volosozhar a poor pair skater before teaming up with Trankov?

I am not sure if you noticed, but they are marked as a pair, so no matter how great she is or isn't, as long as she skates with her current partner, she is not that great. Chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yuscheno is lovely. Hope she gets assigned to the JGP. Proklova is assigned to 3 events, and isn't Stavistkaia injured?

Proklova is assigned to 3 events, but Ogoreltseva doesn't have her second event yet and she was 2nd so she has a chance to get to JGPF. So I think they will give one Proklova's event to her.

And unless someone withdraws (maybe Stavitskaya because of injury?), there is no spare event left. Although they could take the event from Li and give it to Yuschenko, as long as Yuschenko beats Li also in FS and not only in SP.

cassiem

On the Ice
I am not sure if you noticed, but they are marked as a pair, so no matter how great she is or isn't, as long as she skates with her current partner, she is not that great. Chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I am not sure you noticed but partners can be changed, like Volosozhar did. I was clearly speaking about Gainetdinova on her own merits, not her current partnership, so your argument that G/B aren't that great is beside the point.

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't know, I saw it in Oleada's post. But maybe it was just based on the fact that they took her off the coming event and replaced her with Proklova... (which means that she may not be injured at all, Russian Federation may have changed their mind about who 'deserves it more'.)

I really like her skating. Last season she had her ups and downs, but there is something about the way she moves.

hanca

Record Breaker
I am not sure you noticed but partners can be changed, like Volosozhar did. I was clearly speaking about Gainetdinova on her own merits, not her current partnership, so your argument that G/B aren't that great is beside the point.

Yes, but Volosozhar was extremely lucky that there was suddenly a very decent partner available. I am sure there are others in the same position as Volosozhar was before, they didn't find the partner and may get into retirement without achieving their potential. There is plenty of female skaters who did not find a new partner and eventually disappeared from competitive skating. Saying that a female from a pair has potential does not mean much because it can't guarantee that she will want to change a partner and if she does, that she will find a good partner.