2014-2015 GPF Gala | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Gala

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Just a quick stop before we'll do some sightseeing (I remembered there's actually a whole city around the convention center) I just needed to say that this gala was the perfect cherry on top of three super awesome days. So much fun, so many great programs, the crowd still as happy and enthusiastic as all the days before, Yuzuru and Javier introducing each other, Javier doing figure skating 101, Yuzuru practically pushing his friend out to do another lap - if those two get any more adorable I will have to invent another word for them. Absolutely fantastic experience! I'm so doing this again if I get the chance :cheer:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Did Shoma do a 4t?!

I think so! And a 3A... Looks like he's gained more confidence in doing those jumps. I'm a proud auntie fan. :biggrin:

And speaking of Miki and really out of topic, I really wish Javi pull her out of retirement...

Miki has already retired before (pre-2013-2014 season) but she made a comeback after she gave birth. Skaters can only make one "comeback" after retirement and well, Miki decided she'd retire after not making it to the National Team for Sochi.

Did anyone see Shoma waving to the audience as he was about to go inside and Yuzu holding his hands to wave with him hahaha awww

Did he? So cute! What I saw was Yuzu nudging Shoma to go closer to the group as they took a photo of the champions. Yuzu-niichan! :D

Lipea

Final Flight
Does anyone have a link or links to watch it off-line? I esp. would like to see Liza.
Pity that Anna is not skating - her EX this season is fantastic, unlike boring Yulia's.
I also wish Elena would skate her great "Anime" that she skated on TEB, instead of this weirdly cut Houston.

stryke

On the Ice
They are saying on the Russian boards that Anna just flat out wasn't chosen for the Gala despite coming in fourth. Anna stated this made her very upset as she was going to perform a new exhibition specifically for the gpf.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^That's disgusting behaviour if it turns out to be true. Every fourth place finisher performed but her? I would feel ridiculed and terribly upset. Honestly, I think that's horrible for her self-esteem. There were probably a lot of Julia fans in the audience, but it is not Anna's fault that Julia underperformed, while she didn't. Ew.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
They are saying on the Russian boards that Anna just flat out wasn't chosen for the Gala despite coming in fourth. Anna stated this made her very upset as she was going to perform a new exhibition specifically for the gpf.

I hope this isn't true. If it is, that's awful. I assumed Anna was sick(she certainly looked like it after the free) and couldn't participate.

adelia

Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, unfortunately. :(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, unfortunately. :(

This would put such a damper on the great event it basically was. The crowd was amazing and the location cool, only second to the energy of Japan. But if the organizers did really not chose her....that's first class bullying of a 16 year old girl.

Warwick360

Medalist

What??!!!! I was under the impression that julia performed because Porgo was injured or because of some other extenuating circumstance. :jaw:

Didn't know it was out of someone's whimsical choice other than that of the skater. :confused:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just a quick stop before we'll do some sightseeing (I remembered there's actually a whole city around the convention center)
I'm so doing this again if I get the chance :cheer:
You liked the city? :)
Pssst... Worlds 2017 is pretty close by, isn't it? Hint hint wink wink

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Sad to hear about Anna. Was it because of the Conchinta factor? Where's this skating class exhibition I really want to see it!

Warwick360

Medalist
I wouldn't have minded if Julia had replaced Kovtun instead. :laugh: Now I'm just being mean:rolleye:

But I really wish they had just added Julia instead of replacing anyone. Heck I'd rather they'd add her by removing one of the guest performers if they were so insistent on having her perform, and that's coming from someone who likes Julia.

dcnative

On the Ice
The Shibutani's exhibition skate is breathtaking and heartbreaking at the same time. It's everything that they need to be in competition (in my opinion, of course). I don't know why they are being underscored (maybe they aren't) but their competition programs have them looking like kids playing dress up; that plus all the smiling doesn't even make them look their real ages.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
where did you all see yuzu pushing javi?? i was watching isu stream and they were so far away couldnt see much :cry: hope there will be video,
and shibs ex is one of my faves this year among satoko, dornbush :love:

Noolan

On the Ice
Medvedeva's program was so weird :shocked: I feel like maybe Radionova would be able to pull this off, but with Zhenia it just feels a bit stiff, a bit fake. Oh well, at least she's trying something new, that's always great.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So Anna was snubbed, according to Absolute Skating. Disappointed in the organizers. Shame, I thought everything else was so well planned. The crowd was fantastic though.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Oh NO, Anna, Oh NO...
At this moment of figure skating environment, my only wish left is to give worthy programs including ex their deserved opportunity to be performed...