2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 63 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
There you go @os168. I thought it was released on here but wasn't sure.

Thanks for the updates. It is a really sombre, self reflective, sad piece of music (so much stiff upper lip it sounded British!) After the season Jeremy had last year, this should be a great program to ease the demons and showcase insights from personal growth.

Lay me down and this Adagio makes an intriguing combo, it practically screams this is his final season...

(thumbs up on Ashley's new program)

breynows

On the Ice
That's the Ashley Wagner i know, loved her program. Shae lynn really do the best programs for her, she must stick with her.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Gracie Gold USA
LP Phantasia by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Wishing You Were Somehow Again by Andrew Lloyd Webber;

Good for her to have chosen less used themes. I was fearing another Music of the Night - main theme - Point of No Return medley, but this was a pleasant surprise. :yes:

sunnybear

Rinkside
:love: i loved Zijun new FS what an improvement from 2013-2014, the attack in the Step sequence was magnificent, just the peaking of her jumps and we'll see why she's here. I have one questions:
Is the second part of the program Rach. Piano concierto no.2 or is it really part of Moon river? :confused:
PS.: that fall really affected her, didn't it? hope she didn't got hurt and skate cleanly nest time.

I love the music cuts and her costume! It does sound like Moon river + Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto no. 2 Mvt 1...

jimeonji

Final Flight
I love the music cuts and her costume! It does sound like Moon river + Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto no. 2 Mvt 1...
oh wow, definitely part of Rach 2 mvt 1 in there. The cuts are so seamless! I hope she can perform this program at her best because I think I like it.

Kuan

Final Flight
This user also posted Zijuns SP Lovely dress :love: But I have to say, I like her new FS better

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Julie Marcotte choreographed Castelli and Tran's free skate, but other than it being a tango, neither skater could identify the music.

Castelli & Tran will be competing at the Boston Open this weekend.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This team from Russia is making their JGP debut at Dresden this week.

Daria Beklemishev & Maxim Bobrov RUS
SP Charade (Medley Waltz) by Liberace; choreo by Sergei Komolov, Alexei Zhelezniakov
LP Hallelujah by Lisa Lois; choreo by Sergei Komolov, Alexei Zhelezniakov

as is this Russian team

Maria Chushchanova & Denis Mintsev RUS
SP Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps performed by The Pussy Cat Dolls
LP The Fairytale of Wanderings (modern arrangement) by Alfred Schnittke

and this Canadian team
Hope McLean & Trennt Michaud CAN
SP The Ghost of Stephen Foster by Squirrel Nut Zipper; choreo by Alison Purkiss
LP West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by Alison Purkiss

and the newly formed US team of

Chelsea Liu & Brian Johnson USA
SP Selections from Mary Poppins by the Sherman Brothers; choreo by Christine Binder
LP Yellow River Concerto" by Chengzong Yin; choreo by Christine Binder

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Recent bio updates from Nebelhorn skaters

Tarasova & Morosov
SP Sarabande Suite by Globus
LP Hello

Denis Ten has shared which cuts he is using from Silk Road

Denis Ten KAZ
SP Caruso by Lucio Dalla, performed by Joseph Callejia; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Ambush from Ten Sides for Pipa, Sheng, Guitar, Cello and Orchestra (from "New Impossibilties") performed by Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble, Vocussion (from "New Impossibilties") by Sandeep Das, Joseph Gramley, Dong-Won Kim, Shane Shanahan, Mark Sute; choreo by Lori Nichol

The info about what Elizaveta Tuktamysheva is using for LP music is new

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS
SP Bolero by Maurice Ravel; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
LP Batwannis Beek by The REG Project, Sandstorm by La Bionda; choreo byTatiana Prokofieva

Sergei Voronov RUS
SP Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Alexander Zhulin
LP Caruso by Neal Schon, Come Together by Marcus Miller, At Last by Kenny G, Big Time B#oppin’ (Go Man Go) by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Alexander Zhulin

Alexei Bychenko ISR
SP La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
LP Nostradamus by Maksim Mrvica; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres FRA
SP La Cumparsita - Tango Selection
LP Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Heaven and Hell by Vangelis, Requiem for a Dream (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell))

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Shibutani's have finally announced their SD selections!
SD Flamenco: Asturias Variations, Paso Doble: The Last Corrida; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, and Corky Ballas
FD Rosen aus dem Süden (Roses from the South) by Johann Strauss, The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, and Corky Ballas

alebi

Medalist
oh wow, definitely part of Rach 2 mvt 1 in there. The cuts are so seamless! I hope she can perform this program at her best because I think I like it.

WOW I agree! They did very good cuts, the music merges one into another and you not even realize. And this also suits Zijun very well. I hope she'll regain her best shape because it was a pain last year :no:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Haruka has announced her LP

Haruka Imai JPN
SP Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
LP Giselle by Adolphe Adam; choreo by Philipp Mills

KKonas

Medalist
The Shibutani's have finally announced their SD selections!
SD Flamenco: Asturias Variations, Paso Doble: The Last Corrida; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, and Corky Ballas
FD Rosen aus dem Süden (Roses from the South) by Johann Strauss, The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, and Corky Ballas

The Shibs should do well with the Strauss waltzes FD. They have a lightness to their skating which works well for a Strauss waltz.