2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 103 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
It was even better: Mao received 142.71 to Adelina's 149.95. A big part of that difference (4.73 points, to be precise) was from PCS, not TES.

I think part of the reason for that would be her being in the 3rd group, But then again, It could be that is also part of the reason she competed so amazingly

Spinerette

On the Ice
Sotnikova won. Case closed. She deserved it.

Gratz on Gracie Gold for her 4th place finish and overcoming her mental roadblocks.

Gratz to Kostner on finally getting onto that Podium.

Gratz to Mao on a great redemption skate.

Gratz to Zhang Kexin for getting at least one triple fully around.

Gratz to Zijun Li for overcoming her Puberty/Motivational issues.

Gratz to Yuna Kim for giving a good performance and actually going to a second Olympics unlike almost every other champion in the recent past.

Gratz to Polina Edmunds for finishing top 10 in her first major world/international competition.

Gratz Wagner on standing up her programs.

Actually, case is not closed. I'm sure this will be the talk of skating fans for many years. Hopefully, skating fans, coaches, skaters and choreographers and etc. will fight this for the sport. Adelina did not deserve this win. It was a joke.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Actually, case is not closed. I'm sure this will be the talk of skating fans for many years. Hopefully, skating fans, coaches, skaters and choreographers and etc. will fight this for the sport. Adelina did not deserve this win. It was a joke.

Imagine Mirai Nagasu being held up around Yu-na kim for her good clean 3-3'd skates at Vancouver Olympics (If they were in the USA)

That's about the same as what's going on here with the lovely Sotnikova.

observe

Rinkside
Sotnikova won. Case closed. She deserved it.

Gratz on Gracie Gold for her 4th place finish and overcoming her mental roadblocks.

Gratz to Kostner on finally getting onto that Podium.

Gratz to Mao on a great redemption skate.

Gratz to Zhang Kexin for getting at least one triple fully around.

Gratz to Zijun Li for overcoming her Puberty/Motivational issues.

Gratz to Yuna Kim for giving a good performance and actually going to a second Olympics unlike almost every other champion in the recent past.

Gratz to Polina Edmunds for finishing top 10 in her first major world/international competition.

Gratz Wagner on standing up her programs.

:laugh: Not really. If you're going to end a tirade, find a better manner to do so since you've not proved anything but your own bias toward Yuna.

yuki

Final Flight
I think part of the reason for that would be her being in the 3rd group, But then again, It could be that is also part of the reason she competed so amazingly

I know the "reason", but it doesn't make it any less absurd IMO. In fact, it very neatly highlights how ridiculous the PCS scoring has been at this competition. I'm gonna go with the explanation that they pulled those scores out of a hat.

Spinerette

On the Ice
Imagine Mirai Nagasu being held up around Yu-na kim for her good clean 3-3'd skates at Vancouver Olympics (If they were in the USA)

That's about the same as what's going on here with the lovely Sotnikova.

Mirai had the skate of her life that night. I thought she deserved bronze. However, Mirai is artistic and musical, Adelina is a jumping bean with some flashy spins.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I know the "reason", but it doesn't make it any less absurd IMO. In fact, it very neatly highlights how ridiculous the PCS scoring has been at this competition. I'm gonna go with the explanation that they pulled those scores out of a hat.

That it does,

Sotnikova and her lack of polish, Skill and experience should have been rewarded with at most good middle 8s for PCS, Mao was a rockstar and her program is very well constructed

The skating community will not soon forget this evening,

A few posters here might,
But we're gonna try to love them nonetheless, Seeing we're all fans together

dardar1126

On the Ice
Just watched Mao's LP again on TV...and cried again :cry: ...soooooooooooooooo proud of her...beautiful, emotionally vulnerable, technically wonderful skating! :love:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Just watched Mao's LP again on TV...and cried again :cry: ...soooooooooooooooo proud of her...beautiful, emotionally vulnerable, technically wonderful skating! :love:

I still don't get the downgrade on the first 3-3, None of us watching here did

Didn't get a good enough look at the 2a-3 though, Was it obvious ?

millie

Medalist
I have never been an Ashley fan but for once she skated well and she was not rewarded. Go Ashley, speak your mind girl. Ashley is an insider in this sport of course she knows what she's talking about. She was there for god sake's. She received lower marks than Julia in the sp even though she fell, LOL at this sport.

The problem with Ashley is that she didn't earn a spot in the Olympics....she was put there..Mirai Nagasu should have been there in Ashley's place. Yes Ashley, speak your mind......you shouldn't have been there in the first place. All the rest of girls were there legitimately and have a right to complain.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I have an interesting, Bit off topic question:

How do you think the Russian would fare at Worlds ?
I mean it feels like there's some ill will towards them, Which sucks because Russia should totally get to send 3 girls next year,

But with 3 Japanese and 3 Americans (Is kostner going), Could they have a problem if their PCS drop back to their Grand prix ones (Think Sotnikova losing to Wagner at Bompard) ?

I just got to watch it after only being able to hear about it earlier today. What a phenomenal program. She moved me to tears also.

AlexThere

On the Ice
Watching long program again, hopefully, scores will change ;)
Ha, ha, sorry for my humor. Spend all afternoon crying.

Spinerette

On the Ice
I wanted Mirai to go too, however, that was not Ashley's fault. It was the USFSA's doing. They should have known better that we had no shot whatsoever, the Russians had it in the bag.

fahrenheit290

Rinkside
I still don't get the downgrade on the first 3-3, None of us watching here did

Didn't get a good enough look at the 2a-3 though, Was it obvious ?

I think she was judged harshly. Certainly if she was named Mao Asadova she wouldn't have been downgraded.

Bartek

On the Ice
Yu-Na made a severe mistake of skating without any transitions. Her lutz, flip and salchow did not have difficult exits or entrances like she had in Gershwin and even last year in Les Miserables. The judges could not give her higher GOE on the jumps, there were no more bullets apart from height, flow and effortlessness. I think her GOE were just baout right. However, PCS is a different story. On no account should Adelina have been scored close to Mao, Yu-Na and Carolina in this respect, let alone higher...

imisscohen

On the Ice
The problem with Ashley is that she didn't earn a spot in the Olympics....she was put there..Mirai Nagasu should have been there in Ashley's place. Yes Ashley, speak your mind......you shouldn't have been there in the first place. All the rest of girls were there legitimately and have a right to complain.

Oh good lord. And where would Mirai have placed? Do you seriously think her empty bond program would have held up as well as Ashley's S&D? (The non-delusional answer is a resounding NO). Putting Ashley in place of Mirai was the right call.

alexeifan

On the Ice
I wonder if Adelina will retire already. I don't see her being World Champion if some of the tops skaters attend. Hopefully Mao will be at worlds.

Spinerette

On the Ice
I think she was judged harshly. Certainly if she was named Mao Asadova she wouldn't have been downgraded.

Unbelievable with that downgrade Mao Asada san deserved the score Adelina received. Mao has never been my fave but she was heroic tonight. Just wonderful. I have never seen Mao so brave. And Julia received such high marks for her jumps, LOL.