2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

bmelanie

On the Ice
I was JUST thinking 'she's having almost too much fun with this' when she fell on the double axel :bang:

BounceAround

On the Ice
I feel for Zhang Kexin. She didn't get the tech-mark boost in her component scores. The judges were too real with that PCS :biggrin:.

lupojohn

On the Ice
Here's my basic anaylsis of the contenders:

Kim Yu-Na. The woman to beat. She's been away from major international competition for such a long time and comes baI thinkk to win Worlds in 2013. Like all the great ones, if she's on her game, she won't be touched. Can she approach her performances in Vancouver? Maybe not, but she's so good, she may not have to.

Gracie Gold. From what i've seen on here, she's being terribly undervalued. Nothing gets to her and she's got the whole package. If she nails the short program, I think she'll medal. The best US skater in a long, long time.

Yulia Lipnitskaya. She's got every opportunity to become an Olympic champion and would be the first to do so from Russia. Two things concern me: the time in between her team event performances and now. When you skate that well, you wanna really just continue without any delays. Also, the pressure on her now is great with Plushenko withdrawing. She'll most likely medal, but what color will it be?

Mao Asada. The reigning Olympic silver medalist was resplendent in Vancouver and could find herself on the podium again if she approaches that, but her fall in the team event worried me. Another medal contender.

Carolina Kostner. The darkhorse of the group carried Italy in the team event and could shock everyone if she nails her routines and others slip up.

Kinga

Medalist
Boy, Kaetlyn is soooo musical, but she needs to polish her SS. She lacks flow sometimes.