2015-16 JGPF Men Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Men Free Skate

NaVi

Medalist
This is the first JGP Final where all the guys are attempting the quad... I think there were a lot of nerve issues with everyone with regarding to competing to each other... don't blame the quad, they've all preformed much better at the junior grand prix events. .

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nathan CHEN (USA)

Music: Symphony No. 3 by Camille Saint-Saens

Blue tone costume, silver sparkles

4S - stepout
4T - fall
4S+2T
CCoSp3p
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3A - hard fall, maybe <
CCSp
3F+3T
3Lo
3Lz
StSq
FCCoSp3p

2 falls, otherwise solid with 2 quads (one iffy) and 5 triples. Not perfect or a statement, but enough for gold in this field

FS: 76.97+71.48-2.00 = 146.45, 225.04, 1/6

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Nathan will win it, and probably win it handily, but I find he skates through his music, not to it. There is some kind of emotional connection or spark I'm just not seeing at this point.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Watching Nathan after Dmitri, have to say his SS and speed are REALLY evident, at least today. Shame about the falls, but I love this kid.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He needs to stick with what he has been doing and that is only two quads. He tried to do to much.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan doesn't seem ready to jump to seniors yet in terms of presentation. Can he still do another year or two as a junior to develop?

Ekm

On the Ice
Nathan doesn't seem ready to jump to seniors yet in terms of presentation. Can he still do another year or two as a junior to develop?

Ehh, I think there are quite a few men currently in the sr ranks that are far worse off in terms of presentation.

paperhearts

Final Flight
This was a very :palmf: :hopelessness: comp. I hope everyone gets a chance to rest and relax, hoping for better performances for the rest of the season. Congrats to all the medalists!

da96103

Record Breaker
Nathan CHEN (USA)

Music: Symphony No. 3 by Camille Saint-Saens

Blue tone costume, silver sparkles

4S - stepout
4T - fall
4S+2T
CCoSp3p
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3A - hard fall, maybe <
CCSp
3F+3T
3Lo
3Lz
StSq
FCCoSp3p

2 falls, otherwise solid with 2 quads (one iffy) and 5 triples. Not perfect or a statement, but enough for gold in this field

Someone mentioned Nathan was planning 4 quads. He only did 3. Where is the space for the second 4T? He repeated the 3Lz.

Laurelise

On the Ice
Well, that was better. Not fantastic, but better. The senior men need not be too afraid of the future, I think.