2015-2016 Russian Nationals Mens FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Mens FS

Perdita

Final Flight
Mikhail says he'll add another quad in the free at the Euros. It will be a different game if he does so.
http://www.sports.ru/others/1035745972.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
I think he also says he'll add half loop salchow? Not clear by the google translate.
His quads are suddenly looking consistent for the past month so it is a good idea I think.

He has some problems with his footwork and to me, that's actually the scariest part. His PCS might not go as high as people would expect dut to that matter. And yes, his jump layout does not give an impression of a well balanced programme. At some point, I believe he'll at least move a 3A to the second half. He was actually doing it when he was junior!

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
really sad for Adian

any news if this ends the season for him
and he will go into sort of rehab or theraphy for his injury ???

sneakers

Match Penalty
I just wonder why this 4T is coming that hard, I thought with Mishin getting this 4T will be bussiness

it depends on the skater
have you look at Petrov's 3toes ? they are not high enough yet and he sometimes doubles his 3A-3T and 3LZ-3T to 2ts

sneakers

Match Penalty
Men FS Results: http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/rusnat1516/SEG004.HTM

1 Maxim Kovtun 173.08
2 Mikhail Kolyada 170.18
3 Alexander Petrov 167.03
4 Gordei Gorshkov 164.70
5 Sergei Voronov 161.39
6 Dmitri Aliev 156.44
7 Konstantin Menshov 152.55
8 Alexander Samarin 151.04
9 Artur Dmitriev jr. 150.60
10 Anton Shulepov 146.08
11 Adian Pitkeev 143.86
12 Moris Kvitelashvili 139.37
13 Andrei Lazukin 126.94
14 Artem Lezheev 125.50
15 Dmitry Bushlanov 113.87
16 Egor Murashov 110.16
17 Evgeny Vlasov 107.12

overall Final scores

1 Maxim Kovtun 266.13
2 Mikhail Kolyada 260.73
3 Alexander Petrov 248.64
4 Gordei Gorshkov 246.96
5 Sergei Voronov 237.68
6 Dmitry Aliev 237.47
7 Konstantin Menshov 233.76
8 Alexander Samarin 230.77
9 Aian Pitkeev 230.49
10 Artur Dmitriev Jr 223.27
11 Anton Shulepov 221.94
12 Moris Kvitelashvili 208.63
13 Andrei Lazukin 201.00
14 Artem Lezheev 181.84
15 Dmitry Bushlanov 176.16
16 Egor Murashov 170.06
17 Evgeni Vlasov MOS 169.16

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I never realized how terribly ineffective Kovtun's layout is in terms of points. :scratch2:

And Voronov :sad14:

NicoleH

On the Ice
Really sad for Adian too. Hope he'll recover soon. Will they send him to juniors worlds again? :noshake:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well see, earlier in the season Kovtun did have:

4S
3A
4S+2 jump combo

and in second half

3A+3 jump combo
4T

... Can't find the final combo but, this is a pretty crazy layout. The current layout cannot be anything close to his final plan.

Last edited:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
My reaction to Adian:
:( :cry: :no: :sad4: :sad14:
Great fight today... Hope to see you skate like yourself in the new year, once you feel good again.

whatif

Medalist
My poor dear Adian. This is so depressing. But then, even if he's done better I am not sure it served him any good if he is injured this badly. Better rest, heal and come back next year with vengeance.

I was not really sure why Kovtun was pumping and jumping from happiness so much. With 5 quads!!!! he was almost bitten by Kolyada. LOL.

Anyway, I am optimistic for Russian men. There is no way Aliev's PCS were 5 points below Voronov's. Totally robbed of 5th place.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Kovtun have almost all front loaded jumps
and no 3-3s, not CoP milker layout like Hanyus or Nguyen for sure

It has nothing to do with CoP milking layouts - it's simply that Kovtun doesn't have the same difficulty like the Cricket Bros, or someone like Shoma Uno. They have 3-1/2Lo-3S combos, 3-3's, the full set of triples. I don't think I've ever seen Kovtun do all the 6 kind of jumps? Quads are one possible jump difficulty, but they're not the only ones. Kolyadas and Petrovs layouts aren't all that CoP-milky either, yet both bet him in TES. And he's been doing that for years - doing 3 quads, but including a 2A at the end instead of the possible triples he could have done. I'm not sure if it's stamina related, or if he has troubles with some of the other jumps, but IMO he's the best example of quads really not being everything, not even in jumping.

I was not really sure why Kovtun was pumping and jumping from happiness so much. With 5 quads!!!! he was almost bitten by Kolyada. LOL.

I think that's one of my favorite typos in the last days... I could see Jack Skellington actually do that ;)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Adian you beautiful doll, so sorry to see you skate with an injury.

He better be sent to Europeans. He is too good. He won a Silver on the Grand Prix!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Adian you beautiful doll, so sorry to see you skate with an injury.

He better be sent to Europeans. He is too good. He won a Silver on the Grand Prix!

Yeah, in Russia. With Miner and Rippon as his main competition for silver. :sarcasm: Lipnitskaia got two silvers in her GPs last year (to Pitkeev's 2nd and 5th) and was 9th at Russian Nats and was rightfully kept off both Euros and Worlds.

Kolyada definitely deserves to go over Pitkeev. Maybe Pitkeev can plead for the 3rd Euros spot, but it's completely unfair to take that from Petrov... Or Voronov... Or Menshov... Or any of the guys ahead of him in the top EIGHT.

Pitkeev needs to recover physically and mentally. Denying a Euros or World spot to any other Russian man is hugely unfair, regardless of Pitkeev's singular decent competition this season.

Sorry, BoP, there's always next season for your, uh, "beautiful [17 year-old] doll". :unsure:

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats 2-time National Champion Maxim Kovtun! Great comeback after a bad NHK FS. I don't think I will ever be a fan of his skaing, but I can appreciate his jumps and Tat's love for him! :)

Also, congrats to Mikhail for a job well done! Wow for bursting out of nowhere to being Russian National Silver Medalist. :yahoo: Who's third?

He's THREE-time national champion now! :party: