2015 Russian Team for Euros, Worlds, & Universiade | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Team for Euros, Worlds, & Universiade

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess Menshov's chances of being at Worlds will depend on Pitkeev performance on Euros. Anyway I'm sad for him, but clearly he needs a plan B for when he can't land the 4T. It's the 3rd time this season he gets an invalid element because of it...

There are only 2 men's spots for Russia at Worlds so it will be Kovtun and Voronov, unless something happens to one of them before then.

uhh

Medalist
I think he is not a student anymore.

I don't understand the criteria for the Universiade - do you have to be an active student i.e. studying something at an educational centre, because I don't think Bazarova, Sinitsina, Katsalapov or Leonova are, maybe some of the other team members announced aren't either, or do you just have to be under a certain age? The website is very unclear.

They don't get ISU ranking points from this event, but I think it might count towards seasons best scores.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I don't understand the criteria for the Universiade - do you have to be an active student i.e. studying something at an educational centre, because I don't think Bazarova, Sinitsina, Katsalapov or Leonova are, maybe some of the other team members announced aren't either, or do you just have to be under a certain age? The website is very unclear.

They don't get ISU ranking points from this event, but I think it might count towards seasons best scores.

The age maximum is 27. And you just have to be enrolled. I don't think they check whether you are actually attending classes, and from what I heard, these physical culture programs are very accomodating to the tough training schedule of elite athletes. ::sarcasm:

Last edited:

Guru1

Rinkside
@gallavich: Oh, thank you: i don't know why, but I thought/remembered they had three spots. My mistake!

uhh

Medalist
The age maximum is 27. And you just have to be enrolled. I don't think they check whether you are actually attending classes, and from what I heard, these physical culture programs are very accomodating to the tough training schedule of elite athletes. ::sarcasm:

Oh OK, that makes more sense! Shame it's not really true to the spirit of a student games any more. :eek:hwell:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice

Enrolment it's just a formality. Any school can do (on line study too). No requirements for attending classes etc. You can be freshman for 5 years (some schools do allow it, you just pay, delay change school etc.) as long as you are enrolled for the Universiade is ok.

Mony

On the Ice
Universiade

Men: Gachinsky, Gorshkov, Kvitelashvili
Ladies: Artemieva, Leonova
Pairs: Tarasova-Morozov, Bazarova-Deputat, Astakhova-Rogonov
Dance: Sinitsina-Katsalapov, Kosygina Moroshkin

alternates

Ladies - Sotnikova

If Adelina is able to skate this season. I prefer her doing universiade than the big pressure of Euros, because I doubt she will be 100%

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Me too! But I'm worried that Adelina will get the ok from closed skates just because she is the olympic champion. I hope the judges there won't replace Anna unless Adelina is skating better than her.

Eh. I hope this doesn't happen, but considering Leonova was replaced for Worlds after placing 4th with a score of 178+, I think Russia will want to send whichever girl can score the highest, and given Adelina's injury, that will probably be Anna. I think it's too soon after the injury for Adelina to deliver a 204+ domestic score worthy program. Anna has good chances to medal at Euros anyways, I don't think the Fed has any real need to send a not-ready Adelina to Euros in hopes that her reputation will garner her a bronze medal. I mean, Korpi seems like the only realistic possibility for a skater who could knock a Russian off the podium at Euros, and she too is coming back from injury, only beat Artemeiva by 1 point at her 1st international competition back.

I'm also fine with B/S sitting this season out. Just let the teams be.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
There will be 'test skate' for Sotnikova and Bobrova/Soloviev on 15th of January in Novogorsk. The final decision will be made on 16th of January.

Source: http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...kontrolnyj_prokat_v_janvare?ref=_newsblock_3_

Augh, another (likely) closed doors test skate. Why even hold a Nationals at all. We know what's going to happen - Sotnikova and B/S will skate "good enough" to bump others (who earned it) off the Worlds/Euro team.

Maybe Euros for Sotnikova, but Pogo (or Medvedeva if she were eligible) deserves Worlds along with Rad/Tuk.

I'm surprised about Lip. For sure I thought the Russian fed would screw over another skater and send her to Euros to defend her title.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Euros for Lip but she still has the possibility of Worlds but it depends on her Feburary form. Pogo isn't guaranteed to get that spot either.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
No Euros for Lip but she still have the possibility of Worlds but it depends on her form. Pogo isn't guaranteed to get that spot either.

IMO pogo at least deserves it more. Better GP results, better GPF showing (although both her and Lip did poorly), better Nationals performances. A skate off would make sense since it could go either way.. and Julia deserves another chance.

My suggestion: televised skate off between Pogo / Lip / Sotnikova for the 3rd world/Euro spot. :rock:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As far as I know, the 3rd spot for Worlds at the Russian Cup Final IS televised.

MalAssada

Medalist
I hope Adelina's skate at the Russian Cup Final is televised indeed. Hiding her performance like it was done in her previous competition won't help Adelina's credibility going to Euros/Worlds.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Me too! But I'm worried that Adelina will get the ok from closed skates just because she is the olympic champion. I hope the judges there won't replace Anna unless Adelina is skating better than her.

Adelinas my favorite skater but she definitely won't go to Worlds... Euros I feel is as far as shell get.

gmyers

Record Breaker
S/k have to be devastated that they are a universiade team after planning for world gold.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think the preliminary entries make a good team. The only exception might be Pitkeev vs. Menshov for Europeans, which could go either way (I'd like to give Menshov another chance, but his GP results might not be good enough to justify it).

If B/S come back, I guess they'll receive the spot over S/B.

If V/T come back for Worlds, I'd take off whoever performed worst at Europeans. (K/S might've dropped down in Nationals, but they did better on the GP than T/M, and have higher scoring potential).

I don't think Adelina will be back this season, unless Anna severely bombs Europeans and the Russian Fed hits the panic button.