2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
OMG, a Utada ad followed by a Mao commercial. I'm in heaven.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Marin is so smooth...what do you guys think, should she go senior for Olympic season? Does she have a chance?
She will be senior next season. She might go to Olympic. It depends on how well she will do next season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
She will be senior next season. She might go to Olympic. It depends on how well she will do next season.

Next year will be a bloodfest then. It's certainly getting more even in the Ladies field. Does Mao want to go to Olympics? The spots are hard to get...Other than Satoko I see no guarantees.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Marin is so smooth...what do you guys think, should she go senior for Olympic season? Does she have a chance?

Absolutely should go senior next season. Why wait?

Does she have a chance .... in what? To make the JPN team or to medal at the Olympics?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Absolutely should go senior next season. Why wait?

Does she have a chance .... in what? To make the JPN team or to medal at the Olympics?

I have a feeling it is hard to win the Olympics in your debut senior season. You just don't get the PCS the veterans get. I imagine Evgenia's PCS will go through the roof by then. You're right though, why wait?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Next year will be a bloodfest then. It's certainly getting more vene in the Ladies field. Does Mao want to go to Olympics? The spots are hard to get...Other than Satoko I see no guarantees.

Mao's comeback goal was to make another Olympics. Luckily, if she can pull it together next season, she'll be sent. But that's a big 'if'. The ball is entirely in her court in terms of her chances for Pyeongchang. If she hits, she goes.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mao's comeback goal was to make another Olympics. Luckily, if she can pull it together next season, she'll be sent. But that's a big 'if'. The ball is entirely in her court in terms of her chances for Pyeongchang. If she hits, she goes.
I doubt that at this rate Mao can go to the next Olympic.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Kanako... good for her for a neat skate and a better dress. This is the time when she should be happy :laugh: . She no longer is one of the skaters I'm rooting for but overall a better job than her previous competitions.

Mao... and she fell on her 3A. Her TES isn't enough, and her disappointment is evident at the end of her skate, but her elegance and grace is unmatched (at least to me). I really love that stsq -- I'm still holding on that she can go to Worlds. :hap10:

Marin... she moves light on ice and I think this program is good. She just maybe Japan's future. :biggrin:

Rika... she didn't do as badly as I thought but in some parts of that program I thought she lacked energy but most of the program she did okay. However, I would've loved it if she just developed her former program instead. She looked so sad after oh my...:(

Satoko... light and airy performance yet again. Good job and congratulations for winning. :)

Last edited:

Lys

Match Penalty
Congrats to Satoko for her third straight title and to Wakaba for her third straight second place :dance:

So happy for Mai, after everything she had to go through to get to that third place is really well deserved :love:

Super proud and happy for Yuna S.! Highest TES of them all (and PCS way too low, but alas), she fought back so hard after that unfortunate short program :'(

I'll never understand how Kanako got third highest PCS, but whatever. To me, she should have well behind Wakaba, Marin, Yuna, Mai, etc, etc...

Sad for Mao :( Not her day today either, hopefully she'll manage to regroup for next season :(

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Happy Wakaba's season is not over. She's starting to get love from the ISU too.
keeping my eyes on Saya Suzski ;)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Rika looked a bit tired.... :( I so love this program, though...gotta rewatch some of last years performances...

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I'll never understand how Kanako got third highest PCS, but whatever. To me, she should have well behind Wakaba, Marin, Yuna, Mai, etc, etc...

Third in PCS? (Where do I see the protocols?). But if that's the case, I'll agree with you :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
awww, Mai realising she won bronze medal and Kaori hugging her :cry::love: