6 Mai
7 Marin
8 Rika
9 Evgenia
10 Satoko

Well... you did ask for a 'power' ranking. :biggrin:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I actually think Gracie will be a factor next season. Maybe that's just because I am a huge fan but I can't imagine her not coming back strong. I don't think there is going to be any middle ground for her.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1 Gabby
2 Kaetlyn
3 Anna
4 Karen
5 Alina
6 Mai
7 Marin
8 Rika
9 Evgenia
10 Satoko

Well... you did ask for a 'power' ranking. :biggrin:

No Wakababy on your power list 😕

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Well, it depends on whether we're ranking them by their accomplishments this season or by how well we think they'll do next season.

You're right. I did mention in the OP that it's about their accomplishments this season and not the other. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

I think I shouldn't have used "power rankings" as the title, but rather like "overall season rankings" or "season achievement rankings" or something similar, since it seems like a lot of people are getting confused.

I agree that it makes sense for "power rankings" to be used to see how well we think the skaters will do next season. So I say we should do that too. Thank you for the idea, Daniel1998!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually think Gracie will be a factor next season. Maybe that's just because I am a huge fan but I can't imagine her not coming back strong. I don't think there is going to be any middle ground for her.

I hope you're right :)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Base on this season + momentum heading into the next season

1. Med - undisputed queen in the current climate.
2. Osmond - clean short will put her in #2 or #1 position regardless of what anyone else does. She can control her destiny in the LP.
3. Alina - clean short will put her in the 73-74 range. Clean long will be 145-148.
4. Marin - clean short will put her in the 72-73 range. clean long will be 143-145.
5. Gabby - competitive after the SP, but don't think she's consistent enough to keep up with the juniors.
6. Karen - competitive after the SP. PCS will rise like crazy because the USSF realizes Karen is the obvious medal threat from the US. If she's clean, it's easy to go with her. They will push Karen's PCS next year. Expect Gracie Gold's PCS for Karen.
7. Carolina - even with much lower TES, she's still placing high. Judges are not tired of her. If she lands her jumps, she cannot be denied. Let see how Mishin can help in the next few months.
8. Mai - PCS will be a problem. Not sure where she is in the JSF rank. If going as JSF #2, she's in trouble regardless of what she does.
9. Satoko - Injury set back. Don't know the extend of the injury. Don't know if she can come back full force.
10. Anna - Depends on her head. If she can get her mind straight after world, she can be competitive. There are hungry girls waiting to take her down. It's rougher for Anna than it is for Satoko.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
No Wakababy on your power list 😕

Yikes, me bad... okay rejiggle with it, poor Satoko fell off the top 10

1 Gabby
2 Kaetlyn
3 Anna
4 Karen = Wakababy
6 Alina
7 Mai
8 Marin
9 Rika
10 Evgenia

11 Satoko

Do you think Rika is about right? She used to be more powerful, but not this season. Muscle muscle jumps...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Unbelievable, you are, how can anyone ever take you seriously.

Oh, yes, I am such a big Osmond's hater. My day starts with this hate. And I also dare to admire Medvedeva who "has puny U-G-L-Y jumps and an over sized leg kick with hands" as you said. Shame on me!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ well that took some digging samkrut. Good for you!

This was "my reaction" to a statement after the Grand Prix in Dec, that a Poster stated that Kaetlyn needs to replicate Meds style and lay out. But glad to know you like to dig up the past, and what a REACH that was, in order to justify your Osmond criticism, of this week. Mathman..., is there not a rule about Trolling?

Should I look back in your closet, or rise above the fray...hmmm?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yikes, me bad... okay rejiggle with it, poor Satoko fell off the top 10

1 Gabby
2 Kaetlyn
3 Anna
4 Karen = Wakababy
6 Alina
7 Mai
8 Marin
9 Rika
10 Evgenia

11 Satoko

Do you think Rika is about right? She used to be more powerful, but not this season. Muscle muscle jumps...

rika this year is no longer rika.... i would put others ahead of her.... by far... hope she heals.

narcissa

Record Breaker
Uhm, I'm rolling [eyes, on the ground whatever] at the number of posts that have excluded Gabby Daleman. :rolleye: :rofl:

Guess, folks still have this odd idea that Canada can only create and promote one woman in singles at a time....uh, no.

But by the numbers, Gabby has steadily improved during the season, showing she's getting comfortable in the international elite milieu. Two 4th places in the GPs led to a 'not 4th again' reaction at TdF, which she used to get her to medals at her next two ISU events: 4CC and Worlds.

Gabby won't be looking back, she's hugged Zhenia in the green room and defined herself as belonging there. And Gabby is long past letting others' ideas about her define her. Listen to her calling out to the naysayers of her childhood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?utm_m...v=kRcxL2HTI0E&utm_campaign=buffer&app=desktop

Meanwhile Kaetlyn's eyes are on closing the gap with Zhenia.......And Alaine's already got her new SP choreographed...

I'm rooting for Gabby next year. Her jumps are my favorite out of all the top women, and now as a World medalist, she will surely improve her choreography and move some of her jumping passes into the 2nd half next season, because she can. Hoping for an upset next year or at least an Olympic medal!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Well hopefully you will learn lots from your research, for common sense as you know, is not that common!

Oh, let is pass. If I were that sensitive to everything that was poured on Evgenia at this board, "common sense" or not I would surely die from heart attack by now.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Oh, let is pass. If I were that sensitive to everything that was poured on Evgenia at this board, "common sense" or not I would surely die from heart attack by now.

Sure, let your comments pass, so you can go back and play "the Victim" role of the sport, that you are so adept at playing, as per a quote from you this season;

"I understand what you said but what you were trying to say? The Russians are bad and evil, they are unfair, etc.? What about death threats to Sotnikova? What about zealous looking at whatever issues Medvedeva has, really or just in the imagination of some fans and not at some obscur board but here at GS?"

Thanks for your postings the season, your words/insights stand alone, and still we are in SHOCK, as it's hard to take you as even being half-way...serious! So, in summation, Russians when criticized are Victims and everyone else in the sport, are fair game for your negative and often "questionable" attacks (I also call athletes/people/GS'ers, who are falsely accused, Victims btw). Please, ...so much hypocrisy, samskrut, don't you think? Your postings this season, only belong on one Discussion Board, ...'The Edge'.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Sure, let your comments pass, so you can go back and play the Victim role of the sport, that you are so adept at playing...

"I understand what you said but what you were trying to say? The Russians are bad and evil, they are unfair, etc.? What about death threats to Sotnikova? What about zealous looking at whatever issues Medvedeva has, really or just in the imagination of some fans and not at some obscur board but here at GS?"

So Russians when criticized are victims and everyone else in the sport, are fair game for your negative attacks. Please, ...so much hypocrisy, samskrut, don't you think?

I am through with it. The quote you pick says nothing about Russians being victims. So the argument is only for the sake of the argument and I finish it from my side with this post. In fact, as I said, if I did not dismiss the negativity toward the Russian skaters I would have left GS long time ago. Because it is more than abundant. If the search engine allowed to find quotes with "Medvedeva" and "flutz" I am absolutely positive it would bring ten times more results than "Osmond" and "flutz". At hte same time Jump-a-matron showed quite clearly that their edges are almost identical and not outside for both of them. The only difference is that Medvedeva knowing that has just 1 lutz. And Osmond has three.

Happy you or not about it is your business, not mine. I stated what I think about the skater - my right, isn't it? You replied with a personal attack on me. That's against the rules, hence, I just hope that mods will erase whatever "exchange of opnions" we had.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I am through with it. The quote you pick says nothing about Russians being victims. So the argument is only for the sake of the argument and I finish it from my side with this post. In fact, as I said, if I did not dismiss the negativity toward the Russian skaters I would have left GS long time ago. Because it is more than abundant. If the search engine allowed to find quotes with "Medvedeva" and "flutz" I am absolutely positive it would bring ten times more results than "Osmond" and "flutz". At hte same time Jump-a-matron showed quite clearly that their edges are almost identical and not outside for both of them. The only difference is that Medvedeva knowing that has just 1 lutz. And Osmond has three.

Happy you or not about it is your business, not mine. I stated what I think about the skater - my right, isn't it? You replied with a personal attack on me. That's against the rules, hence, I just hope that mods will erase whatever "exchange of opnions" we had.

Yes, you were a victim of criticism, for attaching a skater that you have no proof or evidence, (the Tech. panel determine legitimacy of jumps, and not you or anyone else) but still you feel the need to pass along a false narrative because "it's your right", hoping if said enough times, people may believe it true.

There is only one victim here IMO..., Kaetlyn Osmond, because of your falsehood and not legitimizing her technical abilities, which if not the best, is one of the best in the business in ladies skating. And I am also done here too...please do not respond this time.

Last edited: