2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs SP

Daniel1998

Final Flight
S/B has an exciting future. Tech is already pretty solid, and their PCS are only going up. They will be ready to take the Canadian pairs torch very soon.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I never really liked D/R as I think they have no connection at all, no chemistry. I think both I/M and S/B were amazing.

sses1

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhaBVBAymbM
And here is MT/M......... I jumped at that fall and I knew it was coming!

Apparently they were very well trained going into Nats and everything after the fall was executed fairly well, especially for Kirsten all things considered. But to me, this proves they are never going to amount to much on the international stage because Michael chokes. Seriously, you should not be making that kind of mistake as a senior skater. I felt awful for her you could tell she was so sad at the end and she may even be injured!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So happy to see Luba get that 3S! I know she's had problems with her triples.

Is Meagan in a new dress?

lyndichee

Medalist
Kirsten landed pretty hard on her leg, I have such respect for her getting up and still working so hard. It's likely a lot of adrenaline carrying her, she needs to get checked fast ):

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Kirsten landed pretty hard on her leg, I have such respect for her getting up and still working so hard. It's likely a lot of adrenaline carrying her, she needs to get checked fast ):

Amazing! Very remarkable what they did after that horrible fall!

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I'm not really sure what happened on that fall. Her right foot drifted further right while reaching for the pick, and his right foot drifted left at the same time. Looks like the legs just got caught. Really, really unfortunate. Hope she gets better soon.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
That was a terrifying fall for MT/M. I was worried about the lift, too. I really, really, really hope she's okay. Honestly, I wouldn't blame her if she ended the partnership after this.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
this was a scary event.... after MTM fell, I was rattled the whole way through... and I woudn't be surprised Meaghan was disturbed with MTM's program....i just heard her interview... her voice is very shaky when she talks about their teammates... so yeah... i think that may be it....

let's hope tomorrow is better for all teams!!!

Last edited:

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
I'm assuming it was the fluky hard fall Kirsten and Micheal took that unsettled Meagan as she was clearly distracted through the entire program.

Have not heard any official update, just saw a picture of Kirsten posted by friend Paige Lawrence: https://twitter.com/paigehlawrence/status/690742306836738048

She may or may not be on some painkillers right now...

I also tweeted Skate Canada and a reporter there asking for anymore information but so far no response.