2016 Italian Figure Skating Championships | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Italian Figure Skating Championships

deneb

On the Ice
Ah, but what about Caro? Is it definite that she's not getting a spot?

Just since we have mentioned her (and because nobody answered the last time I asked), do you know why Micol was not competing this week?

CaroLiza_fan

Caro cannot do Euros, she has no minimum TES. Maybe Worlds if she wants.
Micol, for what I know she is/was injured.

I lost first part of M/H's FP till the twist. What happened? They were not happy so something went wrong I think.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nicole and Matteo were great too.

But, that fall of Nicole's might have just handed the title to vale and Ondrej.

It's going to be close!

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
M/H lost due to SP score. I wish they would fix that twist. And I can't understand what happened to their beautiful SBS 3Lz?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Caro cannot do Euros, she has no minimum TES. Maybe Worlds if she wants.
Micol, for what I know she is/was injured.

Right. I thought Caro maight have been able to get in if she got the TES by doing what few Senior B's there are between the end of her ban and Euros.

And thanks for the info about Micol. I thought she might have been disheartened after last season, and quit. So, it's good to hear that she hasn't.

CaroLiza_fan

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Wohoa! I was affraid that two fals will waiste the advantage, but fortunately not. Della Monica/Guarise new champions of Italy. I absolutely love it :D

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wohoa! I was affraid that two fals will waiste the advantage, but fortunately not. Della Monica/Guarise new champions of Italy. I absolutely love it :D

Yeah, I think they deserved it :) And Italy has two spots for Worlds so both DM/G & M/H will have chance to compete there :hap93:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Early start today!

First skater in Junior Ladies FS has just finished

I missed her! :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Giorgia RICETTI doing a Christina Aguilera "Burlesque" routine.

The first song in the medley ("Express") was pretty racy for a Junior competition! :shocked:

Not the best skate from Giorgia. :disapp:

But, I liked her dress. It was very on theme, let's just say...!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another nice skate from Valeria Parma today.

Yesterday, I thought she did better than what her score indicated. So it will be interesting to see what score she is given today.

EDIT: The judges clearly don't like what Valeria is doing. She started the FS third from last. Now she IS last.

You could see her face drop when the scores were announced.

Don't worry, love. I can't understand them being so harsh on you either.

Better luck next time.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a strange fall Valentina Indelicato had shortly into her routine.

She wasn't doing a jump or anything. She was just going in a straight line. It looked like she just slipped.

I know we keep using the cliche "ice is slippery". But, it is not often that you see a skater actually slipping.

She looks very disappointed waiting for her scores. Just as well she has a large coaching team with her. One of them has put his arm around her and is trying to cheer her up.

Looks like it has worked! She was smiling while putting her skate guard on!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Has Elisabetta Leccardi changed her FS programme since the last time I saw her at the Lombardia Trophy?

It's definitely a different dress, anyway. She is now wearing a lovely gold and bronze coloured dress.

Maybe she decided that she needed to go for something completely different to put what happened at the Lombardia out of her mind.

Well, she still managed to fall on the first jump. But, at least this time she got up.

She takes the lead!!! :clap: :rock: :points:

And by a healthy margin!

:cheer: WELL DONE ELISABETTA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The science I reckon Icelab uses to make better skaters wasn't working today for Damiana Alessandra CELI.

I lost count of the number of falls she had. It was at least 3, but possibly 4.

Mind you, the first 2 falls were both perfectly timed to coincide with the music getting bigger (At that stage, it was "Once Upon a December" from "Anastasia"). So, maybe that was the science.

She is understandably disappointed waiting for her scores. And I think she's cut the palm of her hand as well.

Drops down to 9th, with 7 still to go.

Better luck next time.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Final group on the ice for their Warm-Up.

And much to my delight, Elisabetta Leccardi is STILL leading by over 10 points!!!

After being impressed with her SP at the Lombardia, I thought this could be a girl to keep an eye on. But then the fall in the FS put a halt to her chances there.

I thought the poor SP yesterday had put paid to her chances here as well. But, to come back from 14th in the SP to be at worst 7th just shows you what she is made of!

Yep, I was right to keep an eye on her!

Sara Conti on now (Sorry to disagree with you deneb, but there is no way that this girl is 12!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I checked and I was wrong.
Alessia is not the youngest.
Sara Conti is one month younger: Aug 3, 2003.

Sara Conti on now (Sorry to disagree with you deneb, but there is no way that this girl is 12!)

CaroLiza_fan

And I am right. According to this profile, Sara is 15.

Nata 02/08/2000

So, you got the month right, but the year wrong.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Very enjoyable programme from Giulia Foresti.

Massive contrast in pace between the pieces of the music, but it worked. Giulia coped very well with it, and the skating looked very good.

BUT, my eyes were getting sore looking at her dress. Pink with yellow around the edges. No, just no.

New leader, I reckon!

EDIT: No. Giulia goes into 2nd. Lara Naki GUTMANN holds onto the lead, but Ghilardi is on now. So, it may not be for long.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I'm going out as soon as Tornaghi is finished.

So, all the best to the Junior Men and Junior Pairs

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was watching on TV and could not post.
Ah, ah, you are right! When I saw Sara I was a mix of :confused: :shocked: and :slink: !!!

I took that info directly from a doc of the federation:
http://fisgonline.info/web/upload/d...ale Femminile 2015 DEFINITIVA 15.04.2015.pdf

Sorry!

Looking at that document, it says that the skaters either side of Sara on that list were born in 2003 as well. So, I would say that whoever was typing it out just copied and pasted the previous line, and forgot to change the year for Sara.

Easy done.

But, as you admit yourself, when you see Sara, you would know straight away that she could not possibly be 12. She is far too well endowed!

But, moving on to somebody that is that young, and I felt really sorry for Alessia Tornaghi today.

Entering Junior Nationals at 12 years old, being the youngest in the competition, and finishing second is a remarkable achievement.

But when the score was announced, you could see how upset she was.

After winning the SP, she started to believe that she could win overall. And she was so disappointed when she didn't.

When the camera left her, she was so close to tears. :cry:

It was upsetting to watch.

But, after seeing how good she is, I can't wait until she is old enough for Junior GP's!

Definitely a star of the future!

CaroLiza_fan