2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Short Dance | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Short Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

28 Sep - 1 Oct 2016
Tallinn Estonia

Friday, September 30, 2016. 11:25 (UTC +3)

Start time in other time zones

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

No.NameNation
1Anastasia OZEROVA / Nicholas MCCREARY
SD Austin Powers Theme Song by George S. Clinton, The Web by Abe Beko, Austin Powers Theme Song by George S. Clinton
FD Drink Up Me Hearties by Hans Zimmer, Singapore by Hans Zimmer, Drink Up Me Hearties by Hans Zimmer
AUS
2Emilia KALEHANAVA / Uladzislau PALKHOUSKI
SD "Porcelain" by Moby and "Wipe Your Eyes" by Maroon 5
FD "The Time of My Life," orchestral version, "She's Like the Wind," and "Johnny's Mambo
BLR
3Irina GALIYANOVA / Tommy TANG
SD Rock'n'Roll: All Shook Up by Elvis Presley, Blues: Cry by Johnnie Ray; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs
FD Pearl (from "Cirque du Soleil"), Reveil; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs
CAN
4Hannah WHITLEY / Elliott GRAHAM
SD Blues: Born to Die by Lana DelRey and Justin Parker, Hip Hop: Roses by Elizabeth Mencel and Chainsmokers; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky, Juri Chesnichenko, J. Nechaeva
FD Ringa Ringa (from "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack) by A.R. Rahman, Tum He Ho (from "Ashiqui" soundtrack) by Arjit Singh, Sil Sila Ye Chahat Ka by Pyarelals Son Monty; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky, Juri Chesnichenko, J. Nechaeva
CAN
WDWanqi NING / Chao WANG
SD
FD
CHN
6Katerina BUNINA / German FROLOV
SD Blues: Minnie the Moocher, Lindy Hop: Doop Doop; choreo by Lea Rand ,
FD Notre Dame de Paris; choreo by Lea Rand
EST
7Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV
SD Swing: Bei mir bist du schein by Sholom Secunda, Blues, Swing: Bei mir bist du schein by Sholom Secunda; choreo by Lea Rand ,
FD Maria by Ricky Martin, Perdoname by Ricky Martin, La copa de la vida by Ricky Martin; choreo by Lea Rand ,
EST
8Sarah Marine ROUFFANCHE / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
SD Swing: Swing Sweet Pussycat by The Atomic Fireballs, Blues: Stop and Stare by The Baseballs , Swing: The Dirty Boogie; choreo by Corrado Giordani
FD Beethoven's Last Night by Tranissiberian Orchestra, Chopin Nocturne performed by David Garrett, Toccata performed by David Garrett, Beethoven Scherzo performed by David Garrett; choreo by Corrado Giordani
FRA
9Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS
SD Blues: Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding, Hip Hop: Reprise Try a Little Tenderness by Jaze Z, Hip Hop: Turn Down for What by DJ Snake; choreo by Diana Ribas
FD Under Pressure by Queen, How Can I Go On by Freddy Mercury, Montserrat Caballe, One Vision by Queen; choreo by Diana Ribas
FRA
10Ria SCHWENDINGER / Valentin WUNDERLICH
SD Swing, Blues , Swing; choreo by M. Tumanovskaia, R. Sinicyin, S. Koenig
FD Addams Family (soundtrack); choreo by M. Tumanovskaia, R. Sinicyin, S. Koenig
GER
11Emily ROSE BROWN / James HERNANDEZ
SD Blues: Summertime by George Gershwin, Jive/Swing: In the Mood by Judy Garland, A. Razaf; choreo by Nicholas Buckland, Phillip Poole
FD Unchained Melody from "Ghost" (soundtrack) by Alex North; choreo by Nicholas Buckland, Phillip Poole
GBR
12Rikako FUKASE / Aru TATENO
SD Blues: Petite Fleur by Sydney Bechet,Swing: Opus One; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD The King and I (soundtrack) by Rodgers and Hammerstein; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
JPN
13Jenna HERTENSTEIN / Damian BINKOWSKI
SD Blues: Minnie the Moocher performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Swing: Go Daddy O by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Brande Tomczyk
FD La Valse d'Amelie (from "Amelie Poulain" soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen, Sur le Fil (from "Amelie Poulain" soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen, J'y suis jamais allée (from "Amelie Poulain" soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen; choreo by Brande Tomczyk
POL
14Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD
SD Saint Louis Blues, Swing: ; choreo by Igor Rasporski
FD La Malagueña by Ernest Lecuona; choreo by Igor Rasporski
RUS
15Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN
SD Blues: "At Last," performed by Michael Bolton, Swing: "My Baby" by JYP
FD "O mar e tu" by George Dalaras
RUS
16Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV
SD Blues: Save My Soul by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Swing: Cinnamon Girls by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
FD Code Name Vivaldi, Adagio by Tomasino Albinoni, Storm by Antonio Vivaldi performed by Vanessa; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
UKR
17Chloe LEWIS / Logan BYE
SD Blues: Save My Soul by big bad Voodoo Daddy, Swing: Jumpin' Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Rhapsody in Blue by Georges Gershwin, Embraceable You performed by Judy Garland, I've Got Rhythm performed by Judy Garland; choreo by Igor Shpilband
USA

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is good to see Chinese junior dancers getting some international experience!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It is good to see Chinese junior dancers getting some international experience!

The Chinese team is no longer on the entry list. Also, Skoptcova & Aleshin of Russia appear to have been left off the entry list above. They are also competing.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Anybody watching?

Chloe and Logan kicked things off, and looked good.

New SB. But, at this early stage of the season, that isn't really significant.

Germans on now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Liked the colour of the costumes for Ria and Valentin. But, I am not sure whether the colours tied in with the theme they were trying to put across.

The costumes and the music clearly said 1920's. But the pattern of her dress and the colours of it as well as his shirt was a lot more recent.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Considering that the girl is brand new to Ice Dance and the guy was skating with somebody else as recently as July, that was really impressive for the new Australian partnership.

They won't be near the lead, but it is a good foundation on which to build.

I would keep an eye on these two. For a couple that have only been together a couple of months together, they look promising.

They go into third. Nicholas isn't too impressed (well, it is 6 points lower than what he achieved with his previous partner in June). But Anastasia is delighted.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ignore what I was saying in my previous post.

According to the article visaliakid linked to in his thread in The Edge, Anastasia Ozerova was skating with Nicholas McCreary at the Hollins Trophy in June and the Wintersun in July. Stats On Ice got it wrong (they said he was with Anastasia Kuznetsova).

I can't find the original results page for either competition - the links on the Sydney Figure Skating Club's results page are all wrong! :bang:

Sorry :slink:

But, still a great achievement to have come this far from April.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Anastasia look so tall... I wonder if L/D will be able to beat them here.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know it is to fit in with the Blues steps, but that middle section where the song ("Bei mir bist du schein") was slowed down was an ordeal to listen to. It was far to slow.

The skating was good, though. And Viktoria's dress was gorgeous! (Sorry Artur - you were dressed well to, but there's not really much you can comment about a white shirt and black trousers!)

They go into 4th.

I'm away now. All the best to the remaining couples.

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
Ted is talking me into booking a(nother) holiday in Tallinn!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Brilliant execution of not so brilliant dance! :)

Edit: Loboda/Drozd.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
And I love they they're doing circular not touching step sequence, it's much more difficult than straight line one. Overall, much much better than at Saransk.

Snow63

Record Breaker
'Cause you and I, we were born to die :biggrin: Love the music :biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
'Cause you and I, we were born to die :biggrin: Love the music :biggrin:

Thanks to this season SD rythms, there's finally programs to Lana Del Rey music :luv17: I was suprised she was so unused the previous years.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Thanks to this season SD rythms, there's finally programs to Lana Del Rey music :luv17: I was suprised she was so unused the previous years.

I thought dancers used 'Young and beautiful' several times, probably because it was on the Great Gatsby's soundtrack but still :)