2016 Rio: Olympic Diving | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Olympic Diving

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So sorry about Tom Daley. I watched the whole event and just couldn't believe my eyes. :disagree:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Hi I don't watch diving closely but sometimes I watch during the Olympics or Worlds and of course I know Tom Daley. What happened during semifinals? Did he have any serious mistake on some dive or maybe more mistakes? And were you guys talking that this could've been his last competition? Was he considering it before? He is still young...

Lot of questions from me but from what I've read he seems like a nice person so now I'm just wondering...

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry for Tommy...... And maybe it'll be his last competition. So sad to end a glorious career this way

Tom has already said that, even though he is heartbroken, this will motivate him to work very hard towards 2020. He said he won't give up on his dream of becoming an Olympic Champion. So don't worry, we haven't seen the last of him :)
But well, even without Tom, I really liked the podium of 10 m :yes: (though having him there would have been even better)

Hi I don't watch diving closely but sometimes I watch during the Olympics or Worlds and of course I know Tom Daley. What happened during semifinals? Did he have any serious mistake on some dive or maybe more mistakes? And were you guys talking that this could've been his last competition? Was he considering it before? He is still young...

Lot of questions from me but from what I've read he seems like a nice person so now I'm just wondering...

Tom qualified for the semifinals in 1st place, but it just wasn't his day today, even though he scored a dive over 90, he scored 2 with 50 something and another one below that. There have been some rumors going around that, because he's getting married and planning to adopt a kid, he will retire. But after the semifinal he said he is going to 2020.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
So while everyone is crying over Daley(sorry guys :p)... can we talk about Chen? Holy diving. Such a deserved gold.

thoakun

Final Flight
Chin captured 7 out of 8 holds in diving. I'm amazed at their consistency and composure under immense pressure. I guess this is the most successful sport for them at this Olympics?

alebi

Medalist
Tom has already said that, even though he is heartbroken, this will motivate him to work very hard towards 2020. He said he won't give up on his dream of becoming an Olympic Champion. So don't worry, we haven't seen the last of him
But well, even without Tom, I really liked the podium of 10 m (though having him there would have been even better).

REALLY?!?!?!?! Thank youuuu!!!!!!!!!! This really made my day :yahoo:
I heard so many news about his possible retirement that I took it for granted, no matter what. I'm SOOOOOOO PLEASED!!!!!

The final was amazing! I'm a fan of Qiu Bo and unfortunately he did too many mistakes but his 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 jump was worth the price :love:
At the very end I cheered for the young French. I'm sure if he was just a little bit more famous, he could have get to the podium. On the other hand Boudia missed only the final dive, so the bronze is deserved indeed.

And I have a new "favourite" to watch... Rafael Quintero :love: Now Sascha Klein can retire with no regrets :laugh:

Mia29

On the Ice
REALLY?!?!?!?! Thank youuuu!!!!!!!!!! This really made my day :yahoo:
I heard so many news about his possible retirement that I took it for granted, no matter what. I'm SOOOOOOO PLEASED!!!!!

The final was amazing! I'm a fan of Qiu Bo and unfortunately he did too many mistakes but his 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 jump was worth the price :love:
At the very end I cheered for the young French. I'm sure if he was just a little bit more famous, he could have get to the podium. On the other hand Boudia missed only the final dive, so the bronze is deserved indeed.

And I have a new "favourite" to watch... Rafael Quintero :love: Now Sascha Klein can retire with no regrets :laugh:
I was so happy for Benjamin Auffret, who explained after the race that he had difficulties getting the correct equipments in France. He added he couldn't always work in the new swimming pool of the national center because the diving platform isn't high enough (there's no 10m diving platform, he uses the public swimming pool with children around... )
Auttret started diving 6 years ago only. I hope he will have better conditions quickly because it seems we have a jewel

dreamsk8

On the Ice

In an error-strewn display, he needed 102 points from his closing dive to reach the final.
he managed only 50.40 to finish in last place with 403.25 - well short of the personal best of 571.85 he set in Friday's preliminary round.- BBC Sports
He just didn't look right, :sad46: he just could not get a good dive in heartbreaking. But he did suggested he would compete again in Tokyo in 2020. :clapper: