• Satoko MIYAHARA

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • Evgenia MEDEVEDEVA (W/D)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

temadd

Final Flight
This is an amazing line-up. If Evgenia makes mistakes anyone could win. With fair and objective judging I think that Wakaba would win (assuming she skates clean) but likely that Evgenia if healthy will win. And, based on the poll, it appears that the fans here aren't as enamored with Kostner as the judges are.

moriel

Record Breaker
This is an amazing line-up. If Evgenia makes mistakes anyone could win. With fair and objective judging I think that Wakaba would win (assuming she skates clean) but likely that Evgenia if healthy will win. And, based on the poll, it appears that the fans here aren't as enamored with Kostner as the judges are.

I´d rather disagree. With fair and objective judging, and everybody clean, Zagi should win.

(some rounded um TES)
1. zagi 39+81=120
2. med 42+75=117
3. wakaba 37+74=111
4-5. osmond 40+68=108
4-5. sotskova 35+73=108
6. kostner 37+68=105

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I´d rather disagree. With fair and objective judging, and everybody clean, Zagi should win.

(some rounded um TES)
1. zagi 39+81=120
2. med 42+75=117
3. wakaba 37+74=111
4-5. osmond 40+68=108
4-5. sotskova 35+73=108
6. kostner 37+68=105

I like this idea!
But I think 37 and 68 are a bit high for Kostner, so is it based on what the judges have been giving?

millie

Medalist
Well, who put green beans in your ice cream?
We get it. There's inflation, everywhere except Japan and China, practically. I get that you're rushing to defend your country and that's great and all but not at the expense of another. That's just low.

Never say Never.....anything can happen....remember Tara Lipinski, remember Sarah Hughes.....In figure skating, you can never predict anything...Kaetlyn Osmond, don't count her out....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Never say Never.....anything can happen....remember Tara Lipinski, remember Sarah Hughes.....In figure skating, you can never predict anything...Kaetlyn Osmond, don't count her out....

Kaetlyn turns 22 next week, so she's a bit long in the tooth to be compared to those two. Tara was 15 when she won the OGM, Sarah 16. Sarah was a fluke winner, but Tara certainly was not, as she had won the World Championship the year before the Olympics, and the GPF the year before AND the year of the Olympics.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn turns 22 next week, so she's a bit long in the tooth to be compared to those two. Tara was 15 when she won the OGM, Sarah 16. Sarah was a fluke winner, but Tara certainly was not, as she had won the World Championship the year before the Olympics, and the GPF the year before AND the year of the Olympics.

Long in the tooth versus who Kostner, Wagner, Nagasu, or Gold, and younger than all of them. Matter of fact, she is the same age as Mariah Bell. Please, given her almost 2 year absence and return to the sport, she is at the top of her career currently. Some here did not like her while she was an up and coming skater, and dismissed both her World and Olympic medals at every opportunity. Now as a threat to podium in an Olympic year, as she has medaled all season and in her skating prime, she's long in the tooth, ...was it?

As per usual here on GS, we need to consider the source. :palmf:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

(some rounded um TES)
1. zagi 39+81=120
2. med 42+75=117
3. wakaba 37+74=111
4-5. osmond 40+68=108
4-5. sotskova 35+73=108
6. kostner 37+68=105

I just hope the winner isn’t saved from TES fails via sone pumped up generous PCS marks. Keep them dresses dry ladies!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I went for NGNG and chose Kostner :cool14:

Who knows

Anyways i would love an Olympic podium of Madvedeva, Kostner and Osmond so hopefully that's what we'll get here

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Evgenia Medvedeva is bending over backwards to make it to the GP Final but the stress fracture in her right foot may prevent her from participating the event, which takes at least few weeks to heal. I think Evgenia should focus on the Russian Figure Skating Championships which will be held from 19 to 24 December 2017. The first alternate of Medvedeva is Satoko Miyahara who made a spectacular comeback at Skate America.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

akoko

Rinkside
Even though I really like Wakaba and believe she has a great potential to grab a (bronze) medal, sadly, I cannot see the possibility of her actually medaling over so many judges' favorites...

So my prediction is:
1st/2nd: Med/Zag
3rd/4th: Kos/Osm
5th/6th: Hig/Sot

If Med withdraws:
1st: Zag
2nd/3rd/4th: Kos/Osm/Miy
5th/6th: Hig/Sot

russianfan

Match Penalty
so, i guess, now that Evgenia has withdrawn, we can expect some enormous PCS for Kostner? :)

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
GAHHH THE POLL NEEDS TO BE UPDATED!!! :gaah::hap93:

Joking aside, though, this does make GPF very interesting though, as chance to claim a "best of the rest" sort of title and a nice buildup to the Olympics as a showdown with Medvedeva (assuming that she's back in full form by then, fingers crossed).