Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh come on, her skating skills are in a class of their own, and Lori Nichol's choreography is obviously very inspired in a way that she doesn't seem to be with other skaters (maybe save Sui/Han).

That’s why we’re expecting enormous high PCS :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
I like Wakaba´s FS most, while Kaety has a very charming SP. Alina might be the hot favorite due her technical abilities, but I still think that the other two will battle it out.

May the better lady win and all stay injury free!

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
That’s why we’re expecting enormous high PCS :)

Should have quoted the previous poster, which seemed sacrcastic?

Or maybe I've been conditioned into reading negativity into posts because of all the "[skater's name]-flation!" posts everywhere and should chill out a bit. The one time I decided to go against the grain and defend a skater lol.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I will be very happy if any of the listed skaters win the title;

Satoko
Wakaba
Carolina
Kaetlyn

Except Sotskova, anyone in the entry list can grab the title really considering their potential and record. However, depending on how they perform that days the podium will be decided. That would be fun. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I´d rather disagree. With fair and objective judging, and everybody clean, Zagi should win.

(some rounded um TES)
1. zagi 39+81=120
2. med 42+75=117
3. wakaba 37+74=111
4-5. osmond 40+68=108
4-5. sotskova 35+73=108
6. kostner 37+68=105
Let's begin by saying that with fair and objective judging (which means "according to the rules") there should be enormous gaps and differences between the various PCS marks, which we are not seeing: PCS are still being awarded as if it was just one mark with slight differentiations here and there. A skater's SS, TR and CH marks cannot realistically vary more than half a point with the same program and almost identical performances in just a few weeks or months (and I'm not referring to Zagitova alone). As long as I don't see this, no fair and objective judging evaluation can be made :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Should have quoted the previous poster, which seemed sacrcastic?

Or maybe I've been conditioned into reading negativity into posts because of all the "[skater's name]-flation!" posts everywhere and should chill out a bit. The one time I decided to go against the grain and defend a skater lol.

Well...I was being a bit cheeky here too and certainly deserve some grief. I do like Caro and always expect high PCS but I do think it can get a bit high when she starts falling at times(WC 2014). I really prefer to see skaters who focus more on artistry and less technical wizardry have to land their jumps too but I certainly hope she skates well...she does have nice programs this season and will be very competitive.

I’m one of two folks who voted for Masha......who is the other?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
The placement of sotskova will be completely and totally up to the technical caller. She can get an amazingly high tech score, like her 73+ in France, or be as low as 60 in tech (Shanghai Trophy). What if the caller is a Shin Amaro-type??

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Well...I was being a bit cheeky here too and certainly deserve some grief. I do like Caro and always expect high PCS but I do think it can get a bit high when she starts falling at times(WC 2014). I really prefer to see skaters who focus more on artistry and less technical wizardry have to land their jumps too but I certainly hope she skates well...she does have nice programs this season and will be very competitive.

I’m one of two folks who voted for Masha......who is the other?

I think I accidentally voted for Sotskova. But actually meant to click Wakaba. :laugh:

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
I voted for Wakaba as she's my dream winner, but I actually have no idea of what the results are going to be!
This event will be very exciting, I hope :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I voted for Wakaba, just wishful thinking. It will never happen. Or will it happen? We never know. :drama:
This season seems to be such a disaster that I wouldn't be surprised if the podium was totally unexpected. I'm actually expecting the unexpected.
But I hope the unexpected won't happen, although I'd love seeing Wakaba win, that would mean Zagitova having a splat fest, which is something I don't wish on any skater.
We already have Med out, which is sad news enough.
On the other hand, Satoko will now once more grace us with her godly skating skills and hummingbird jumps and all her unmatched artistry (maybe Kostner is a match for her... in terms of PCS, her PCS is a little overscored sometimes, but honestly, I don't really care).
Anyway, I don't think this poll can be updated, right? :(

My prediction is (completely nuts):

1. Wakababy :laugh:

2. Red ballerina :popcorn:

3. Satoko-san :love:

4. Kostner :drama:

5. Sotskova :hap10:

6. Osmond :eeking:

Sam L

Medalist
1. Red Ballerina
2. Tiny Queen
3. Sotskova or Kostner

5. Wakababy
6. Osmond

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Sad to see Med's WD but surely it's better to heal and come back stronger for Olympics! As for the current line up,

....what I want to happen:
1. Zagitova
2. Higuchi
3. Sotskova
4. Osmond
5. Miyahara
6. Kostner

....what will probably happen:
1. Zagitova
2. Osmond
3. Kostner or Miyahara
4. Miyahara or Kostner
5. Wakaba
6. Sotskova

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that Medvedeva is out:

1. Higuchi
2. Zagitova
3. Miyahara
4. Kostner

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
My prediction (not an hopes and dreams, simply what i think it is going to happen):

1. Zagitova
2. Kostner
3. Higuchi
4. Miyahara / Osmond
5. Osmond / Miyahara
6. Sotskova.

happyskate6

Rinkside
First of all, I'm so sad about Zhenya! I hope she recovers fully! As much as I love Wakaba, my guess is that Satoko is going to be the one to medal - both her programs are so gorgeous, and she seems to be peaking at the right time. I think Alina is finally going to get some carrots - at least on the second jump of her combos. She is incredibly impressive, but she doesn't have the maturity of Carolina, Kaetlyn, or Satoko. I think it will matter here. Sotskova is consistent, but not as fascinating as the others. Carolina is exquisite, but she doesn't have the tech content...unless she nails that 3F-3T. Kaetlyn has moved the placement of the second 2A in her FS, and this is the one thing that's been consistently rough for her. So...given that info...my picks are a little bit strange, but here goes:

1. Osmond (I think it's going to be a surprise win...)
2. Miyahara
3. Zagitova
4. Kostner
5. Sotskova
6. Higuchi