Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2017 Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating Predictions for Pairs

Who do you think will win? Who do you hope will win? Share your thoughts on the lineup!

Please do not bash skaters or insult other posters their opinions.

Nightcrawler

On the Ice
S&H are the forerunners obviously, but S&M can play spoiler and challenge them on a good day; it's a good thing they ditched their throw triple axel and made their program more consistent. It's all up to the SBS jumps. If they skate clean, they'll win at least silver and S&H will have to BRING it, which they usually do.

It's anyone's game for bronze really. T&M have the most forgettable (read, horrible) programs this year and clearly have no intention of winning gold, but they're well capable of making the podium. S&K have regressed a lot since 2015-16, but if they hit, they should medal. The judges love them (and I'm on board since they're my personal favourites).
Y&Z ooze class and refinement but their inconsistent technique will hurt them if things don't go their way. D&R are exactly the opposite; fighter spirit and attack and I'd love them to do well, but to me, they're behind in terms of PCS. They need major mistakes from other teams to land on the podium and a total meltdown of Skate America proportions to win in a very 6.0 way (as in "finishing 4th after the SP and don't control their destiny" scenario).

ragdoll

On the Ice
Unless they have a bad day and make major mistakes Sui/Han will win but I personally prefer Savchenko/Massot so I hope they can challenge them. I love Stolbova/Klimov as well but I don't think they have a chance this year. They have been too inconsistent.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Still not a big fan, but I really wish Stolbova and Klimov rise again so that they can at least aim for the bronze contention mainly because I can't stand Tarasova/Morozov's programs, especially their free program at all!

If St/Kl are recovered from their pesky injuries respectively, they should take their position as Russian No. 1. I also think Nina Mozer regards St/Kl as their No. 1 team who received excellent programs from their choreographers whoever they are (good job!) and T/M is second rated in her team as an insurance because of their high consistency and cleanly executed elements. I saw some hope in their short program last season after all grumbles about their lacks of character, but why..why..why especially for the Olympic season? :noshake: I"ve been puzzled. I don't even go further about E/Z's blandest programs who didn't make it to GPF, but I guess the third team for Team Russia would be A/R.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think Sui/Han will win the GPF title because they are the reigning WC and they have almost everything ready for the title. The location close to their home is a great advantage for them unlike the other teams who may suffer jet lag and fatigue due to their close schedule to the event. Savchenko/Massot did great at NHK trophy, but they only have less than 2 weeks for the GPF.

I wish we have another poll who you think will take the bronze because the contention can be very exciting. :)

bobbob

Medalist
I think if Savchenko/Massot go clean, they will win but the likelihood of that is far too low, so I will vote for Sui/Han.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think if Savchenko/Massot go clean, they will win but the likelihood of that is far too low, so I will vote for Sui/Han.

I love their programs but given their consistency - I think Massot has been feeling a lot of pressure this season - I rather wish they make clean programs at Euros and Olympics than at GPF.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I feel like without the throw triple axel they won't beat S/H even if they are clean. If Sui lands her salchow again they are basically all screwed.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Sui/Han will win the GPF title because they are the reigning WC and they have almost everything ready for the title. The location close to their home is a great advantage for them unlike the other teams who may suffer jet lag and fatigue due to their close schedule to the event. Savchenko/Massot did great at NHK trophy, but they only have less than 2 weeks for the GPF.

I wish we have another poll who you think will take the bronze because the contention can be very exciting. :)

Ooh that would be exciting! Given that the popular prediction here that S/H and S/M will make up the first two podium spots, the bronze spot is more unpredictable! I personally would pick S/K or Y/Z, but their chances may not be as high

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's interesting that D/R didn't get any vote so far.

Well, I just think S/H is a more probable bet.

Although, I'd say D/R have about as much a chance as the others. After all, they beat S/M handily this season and then lost to them, so anything could happen. And of course, they've been counted out many times before, only to slay.

tiantian

Rinkside
Well, I just think S/H is a more probable bet.

Although, I'd say D/R have about as much a chance as the others. After all, they beat S/M handily this season and then lost to them, so anything could happen. And of course, they've been counted out many times before, only to slay.

Agreed.

ragdoll

On the Ice
It's interesting that D/R didn't get any vote so far.

They do have a chance if the other top contenders make bad mistakes but because of their inferior artistry I don't think they can ever beat a clean Sui/Han or Savchenko/Massot and many people here probably feel that way too.