• Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joanne129

Rinkside
S&H are the forerunners obviously, but S&M can play spoiler and challenge them on a good day; it's a good thing they ditched their throw triple axel and made their program more consistent. It's all up to the SBS jumps. If they skate clean, they'll win at least silver and S&H will have to BRING it, which they usually do.

It's anyone's game for bronze really. T&M have the most forgettable (read, horrible) programs this year and clearly have no intention of winning gold, but they're well capable of making the podium. S&K have regressed a lot since 2015-16, but if they hit, they should medal. The judges love them (and I'm on board since they're my personal favourites).
Y&Z ooze class and refinement but their inconsistent technique will hurt them if things don't go their way. D&R are exactly the opposite; fighter spirit and attack and I'd love them to do well, but to me, they're behind in terms of PCS. They need major mistakes from other teams to land on the podium and a total meltdown of Skate America proportions to win in a very 6.0 way (as in "finishing 4th after the SP and don't control their destiny" scenario).

the lyrics "candyman, candyman" is so brainwashing, horribly unforgettable imo hahahahaha :drama:

go sui/han!! their linkage to each other and elements are in the highest quality among all pairs

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They do have a chance if the other top contenders make bad mistakes but because of their inferior artistry I don't think they can ever beat a clean Sui/Han or Savchenko/Massot and many people here probably feel that way too.

It's true they can't beat a clean S/M, but S/M are inconsistent. S/H however are proving very consistent and are in the judges' favour, and rightfully have the highest PCS of the group. Add the fact that they have a quad twist, and you've got leading favourites assuming they go clean - or even not entirely clean, seeing as how they got a World record even with a 3S error.

sillylionlove29

Rinkside
My favorite team to watch the past two years is James and Cipres. Kinda bummed they didn’t make the final but I’m going with S/H for the win.

bobbob

Medalist
Sui/Han are my favorite pair, but I also love Savchenko/Massot and prefer their programs. In any case, it's not true that Sui/Han are "unbeatable", though...even if they go clean and pretty much max out like they did at NHK, Savchenko/Massot can surpass their score if they go clean (at Skate America they would have, or been around the same). And Sui/Han are not invincible, as seen at the "Shanghai Trophy". But I will cross my fingers both teams skate clean, especially Sui/Han!!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
This might be my most anticipated GPF event to be honest. So many realistic different outcomes! It's exciting to finally see the majority of the top teams going against each other with the same panel :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I voted for S/H, but I'm going mental for S/K. When they make it to the podium, I'm very, very happy indeed. I feel already nervous and sick thinking about it. I've taken Thurs and Fri off, so I can watch everything.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
go sui/han!! their linkage to each other and elements are in the highest quality among all pairs

That's exactly what I feel ... but about Savchenko and Massot, even more than Sui/ Han.

I enjoy all the teams for different reasons. The top three seem to be about Sui Han, Sav and Massot, the Russians. The Canadians are fighters but with all those Russian heritage nations how do they overcome that?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno announced that they will return to their old SP from last year!

Bruno was not really convinced by the new flamenco program.

Honesty. I have waited for this message since skate canada.

bobbob

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno announced that they will return to their old SP from last year!

Bruno was not really convinced by the new flamenco program.

Honesty. I have waited for this message since skate canada.

I wish they could make their free from last year their short. Aliona and Bruno did that with the Pink Panther. That would be a powerhouse duo of programs.