2017 Internationaux de France: GP Predictions Game Round 5 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Internationaux de France: GP Predictions Game Round 5

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ladies results – apologies for the delay in posting, but my laptop is misbehaving like no tomorrow...This was an interesting scoring for me:laugh:, some observations below, but first – scores and medals!:cheer:

:cheer:

GOLD with score of 60 points: Poice – big congratulations! #Polishproud

SILVER with 55 points: Osmond4gold, rosacotton and selene16angie

BRONZE with 50 points: angeleva19, Antyv, Anyasnake, Artemisa, AshWagsFan, Bellaxx, CanadianSkaterGuy, chuckm, danse, draqq, Fish in the sea, HR4, Hyena, icekiwi, ines42575, jemmabrie17, LaArdilla, LadyB, ladykk (wow, 2 'ladies' made it:laugh:), mis751, nipman, NYscorp6, ragdoll, randomfan, Roast Toast, russianfan, Sabrina, Sam-Skwantch, semosk8tfan, Shandy, Sugarpova, surimi, yoloaxel, yuna

a fistful of observations:

- generally, lots of 30, 40 and 50 scores – that's because of common variations between 1 and 2 (Zagitova/Osmond) and 3 and 4 (Sotskova/Mihara), but almost no one predicted Sotskova/Osmond variation (in 2nd and 3rd);

- the skater who let everybody down collectively was Elizaveta Tuktamysheva predicted by majority on 5th place – this was 15 pts cut from the start;)

- our victor – Poice – was one of 2 players who predicted podium correctly (this achievement goes also to selene16angie), but Poice actually predicted top 4 correctly and that gave a victory edge this time (but commonly failed with Tuktamysheva on 5th:laugh:);

- shoutout also to slider11 who – aside of above mentioned Poice and selene16angie – predicted Maria correctly on 2nd place!:cheer:

- shoutouts to players who predicted Kaetlyn correctly on 3rd place, aside of Poice and selene16angie: college pat, jiawen2016, Marin, Marius, Mrs.P, Pippuripihvi, skatenewbie, Spirals for Miles, StitchMonkey – big round of applause!:party2:

- looking at the common mess with 5th place, big respect to players who correctly predicted another ET skater as 5th – as for Elizabet Tursynbaeva:laugh: - Osmond4gold and rosacotton!!! Also, shoutout to those who secured 10 points for 5th place by predicting Yuna Shiraiwa there: chuckm, SashaJuliaSpins and sunnystars:points:

- unfortunately, looks like Ice Diva and Kirei have posted their predictions after game cut-off (1h before the competition starts for the discipline), at least the time of their post says so, please correct me, if I'm wrong;

As always – please let me know in case of any miscalculations/discrepancies, this was my second scoring and I hope there was no major mishap!

I'll try to add scores to the spreadsheet tomorrow asap,

NoNameFace

I checked Ice Diva and kirei posts, and they posted more than half an hour before the ladies sp started

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ice Dance results

This time we only have one gold medallist: breynows, with a perfect score of 75 points.

Silver medallists, with 65 points: AshWagsFan, change of edge, Chapis, Daniel1998, desertskates, Icebethy, invisiblespiral, LA143, LKGwennire, Moxiejan, Mrs. P, NYscorp6, OneFlutzAway, Poice, ragdoll, semosk8tfan, Shandy, Shayuki, Shoma One, Spirals for Miles, SubRosa, tulosai, voolfee, xibsuarz, yoloaxel, Alisa, angeleva19, jenaj, Sherlock Marple, temadd, Crossover, college pat, text_skate, chuckm and Marin.

Bronze medallist, with 60 points: Winry.

As for the rest of the players, 79 scored 55. The most common mistake was placing Weaver/Poje in second place.

If you have any doubt with your score, just PM me.

Poice

Final Flight
Ladies results – apologies for the delay in posting, but my laptop is misbehaving like no tomorrow...This was an interesting scoring for me:laugh:, some observations below, but first – scores and medals!

:cheer:

BRONZE with 50 points: angeleva19, Antyv, Anyasnake, Artemisa, AshWagsFan, Bellaxx, CanadianSkaterGuy, chuckm, danse, draqq, Fish in the sea, HR4, Hyena, icekiwi, ines42575, jemmabrie17, LaArdilla, LadyB, ladykk (wow, 2 'ladies' made it:laugh:), mis751, nipman, NYscorp6, ragdoll, randomfan, Roast Toast, russianfan, Sabrina, Sam-Skwantch, semosk8tfan, Shandy, Sugarpova, surimi, yoloaxel, yuna

a fistful of observations:

- generally, lots of 30, 40 and 50 scores – that's because of common variations between 1 and 2 (Zagitova/Osmond) and 3 and 4 (Sotskova/Mihara), but almost no one predicted Sotskova/Osmond variation (in 2nd and 3rd);

- the skater who let everybody down collectively was Elizaveta Tuktamysheva predicted by majority on 5th place – this was 15 pts cut from the start;)

- our victor – Poice – was one of 2 players who predicted podium correctly (this achievement goes also to selene16angie), but Poice actually predicted top 4 correctly and that gave a victory edge this time (but commonly failed with Tuktamysheva on 5th:laugh:);

- shoutout also to slider11 who – aside of above mentioned Poice and selene16angie – predicted Maria correctly on 2nd place!:cheer:

- shoutouts to players who predicted Kaetlyn correctly on 3rd place, aside of Poice and selene16angie: college pat, jiawen2016, Marin, Marius, Mrs.P, Pippuripihvi, skatenewbie, Spirals for Miles, StitchMonkey – big round of applause!:party2:

- looking at the common mess with 5th place, big respect to players who correctly predicted another ET skater as 5th – as for Elizabet Tursynbaeva:laugh: - Osmond4gold and rosacotton!!! Also, shoutout to those who secured 10 points for 5th place by predicting Yuna Shiraiwa there: chuckm, SashaJuliaSpins and sunnystars:points:

- unfortunately, looks like Ice Diva and Kirei have posted their predictions after game cut-off (1h before the competition starts for the discipline), at least the time of their post says so, please correct me, if I'm wrong;

As always – please let me know in case of any miscalculations/discrepancies, this was my second scoring and I hope there was no major mishap!

I'll try to add scores to the spreadsheet tomorrow asap,

NoNameFace

OMG! Yay! After short program I didn't expect gold here :yahoo:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
OMG! I have 3 medals this week.:party2: My streak ends with the men though. I went with my heart there and picked Max and Vincent to be 3 & 4. Don't think that is likely to happen.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Ladies results

Oh my gosh, if I had kept Elizabet Tursynbaeva in 5th like I had her originally, instead of swapping in Tuktamysheva, I would have had 65 points :palmf: But this event has generally been awful for my predictions, so I will gladly take the bronze.

Way to go Poice, Osmond4gold, rosacotton, and selene16angie!!! And thanks NoNameFace for getting these scores up so quickly!

Weathergal

Medalist
Men’s Results

GOLD with 75 points: mis751

SILVER with 55 points: Ice Diva, selene16angie

BRONZE with 50 points: deneuved, OneFlutzAway, Poice, Tastetherainbow

Congratulations to all the medalists! :hb:

While a perfect score of 75 points is always impressive, in the IdF Men’s event, it was exceptional – great job mis751! :bow:

No one else had the podium in the correct order. In fact, the only other person who had the correct people on the podium (although in a different order) was deneuved. :clap:

There were several people with 45 points and quite a few in the 25-40 point range.

The most common guess for first and second place was Shoma Uno then Javier Fernandez. Very few people had Misha Ge in third.

The U.S. men underperforming hurt a lot of guessers as many people had Vincent Zhou and Max Aaron in their picks, with many people predicting them to podium.

Quite a few people had Alexander Samarin in their picks with a fair amount putting him correctly in fourth place, but the most common correct guess with Alexei Bychenko in fifth place.

Good luck to everyone with your SA picks!

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, feel free to PM me.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Pairs Results

GOLD: Pere, Artemisa, semosk8tfan, LKGwennire, Poice, Ares, [email protected], text_skate with 75 points
SILVER: Pippuripihvi, CuriousQuip, Puchi, jemmabrie17, daphenaxa, LadyB, Greta, Shoma One, Pandicorn, Antyv, SubRosa, NYscorp6, Shandy, Sugarpova, LaArdilla, Baron Vladimir, angeleva19, ragdoll, Spirals for Miles with 65 points
BRONZE: breynows, LA143 with 60 points

:points:

If there are any mistakes or questions please drop me a PM.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Gosh, I'd thought this event would end up being a huge flop for me, but I ended up with a silver and bronze, so not half bad! :yahoo:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I have a Bronze in Ladies ! :yahoo: I thought I was going to get nothing...

Wow that men event. Those quads splatfests are the reason why hardly anybody gets a medal... and this is why Olympics are so unpredictable.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
For me it looks my voo doo works better for ladies, as after last week gold, I managed to get a bronze :yahoo:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Silver in Pairs and Bronze in Ladies! I'll take it :biggrin:

Big thank you to all the scorers! :clapper:

Can I have a star???