Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Rika KIHIRA

Votes: 35 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
This one is a toughie. Could be anyone except for Panenkova or Samodurova.
But the elf on my shoulder is whispering Kostornaia.
We shall see.

You know, Panenkova has a chance in my opinion. Yes, I said that.
She's a lovely skater with a nice level of maturity, all rippons except for the tano axels, and has a SB of 196.55, just off of Tarakanova, Kostornaya, and Trusova.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Even though Kihira landed two triple axels, her scores weren't huge and her FS base value was even lower than some girls without triple axel as there were a doubled jump and other mistakes. Also, she messed up her SP again. So her consistency is a big question mark while the Russians, especially Trusova and Kostornaya, are much more consistent. Trusova's URed 4S will still give her extra points as long as it's landed and not downgraded. I voted for Trusova, and I think Kihira and Kostornaya will be on the podium

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I would love to see Kihira slay with 3As, but she also needs to maintain focus on her other elements. Definitely the darkhorse, even though I've picked Trusova, personally.

Should be a technical fireworks display with such talent!

russianfan

Match Penalty
Even though Kihira landed two triple axels, her scores weren't huge and her FS base value was even lower than some girls without triple axel as there were a doubled jump and other mistakes. Also, she messed up her SP again. So her consistency is a big question mark while the Russians, especially Trusova and Kostornaya, are much more consistent. Trusova's URed 4S will still give her extra points as long as it's landed and not downgraded. I voted for Trusova, and I think Kihira and Kostornaya will be on the podium

Yeah, i was surprised to see that while Rika got 135 points in her recent FS, the overall score was like 193, so i assume she again messed up with her SP and got about 58 points for it. So even with those 2 triple axels, if she makes mistakes, her total score could be pretty low by this year's JGP standards. Nevertheless, the event will be in Japan so she will receive a huge support from the crowd and probably from the judges as well :slink:

What i personally want to see is a fully rotated quad from Sasha and passionate performance by Nastya :love:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Oh really, I wasn't aware of that, thanks for clarifying :)
I still don't think she has a huge chance of winning when her season's best is 12 points than even Sofia's and that was in Riga where she did her free well minus the axel. I'm thinking bronze for her?

In Riga her SP score was really low. That is why her total score was not high.
But just let's wait for the event. Anything can happen.

My dream podium
1. Kihira (Really love her SP. High Tech in the FS. A clean 3A-3T would be historic)
2. Tarakanova (Powerful music suits her. I like hef FS)
3. Trusova (Great jumping technique. Very hard contents)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Trusova, but if she falls on the 4S and start to make mistakes, Kostornaya, Tarakanova are there to take her spot.

Kihira also might take the gold with clean programs.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hopefully Kihira or Samodurova. The other jumping beans leave me cold.

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
trusova and kihira both are least component's skaters with boring programs but they are favorites because of their elements. trusova have 1/2 successful attempts at jgp on that quad sal but even when she landed it was ured. kihira is jumping triple axels like nothing at practice but 0/2 successful attempts at jgp. i also follow tennis and noticed the tendency which is just gaining momentum when lucky losers are winning. especially at home so my bet on kihira's win. with two clean triple axels she is unbeatable

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't really like Panenkova or Samodurova enough to want them to win. Panenkova is clearly my least favorite skater to watch, by far. Samodurova's jumps bother me and just... meh.

Any of Tarakanova, Kostornaya or Trusova winning I'd really like, and Kihira winning assuming she performs clean 3A(s) I'd also love.

Something to consider here is that Trusova's last 4S was actually very close to clean and fully rotated, much closer than I thought she'd be able to get it this season. If she actually has a clean 4S in her I think her winning by performing that would be the best outcome. But if she doesn't get the 4S, I then would like Tarakanova win. I think that she overall is easily the most skilled of the finalists(outside of jumps).

icetug

Medalist
Why Sofia should win? Because she's singing while skating :p Love her approach to competition. Maybe her score is a little bit lower than Aliona (named internationally Alena, don't know why), but positive attitude is something what counts in high rank competition. Taking nothing but scores into consideration, Kastornaya should be first, then Samodurova, Tarankova, Trusova, Kihira and Panenkova. However my predictions for the game are quite different ;)

Leonardo

Final Flight
Prediction:

1-Trusova
2-Kostornaia
3- Tarakanova
4- Samodurova
5- Panenkova
6- Kihira

Hope
1-Kihira
2-Tarakanova