2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is the second time I've welled up today.

And I'm not even an Aussie! :drama:

I don't know what to say.

Well done!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :hb: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katya's so cute. She seems really shy, but I can't blame her for wanting to give an interview in her non-native language!

zebobes

Final Flight
Wow, a Czech team wins last year, an Australian team wins this year. So many other countries sneaking in surprise gold medals in pairs. What country is next???

liv

Record Breaker
So, background info... when did Ekaterina move to Australia and pair up with Harley?

TMC

Record Breaker
Wow, a Czech team wins last year, an Australian team wins this year. So many other countries sneaking in surprise gold medals in pairs. What country is next???

I won't be surprised if it's Faroe Islands or something :laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm so glad I woke up early to see this! Australia is now on the figure skating map. My husband just said that Foster's sales should go up. (Don't mind Mr. Rant, he's a bit silly.)
Congrats to our Aussie members!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
LOVED the answers!!!

And, although she didn't say too much, it was clear that Ekaterina's English has improved since the last time I saw her interviewed.

I think she could have said more except the magnitude of their achievement was starting to sink in and she was getting emotional.

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
I've just realised that they were 2nd and 3rd and still won overall!

zebobes

Final Flight
The level of pairs in juniors is so much lower than the other three disciplines. The Russian teams weren't all that great either. The Aussie team is pretty good, but is still pretty rough around the edges. I know pairs takes a long time to polish, but it's kind of scary to watch. I didn't go to watch the competition live tonight because I feel like that serious injuries are just round the corner.