2017 World Team Trophy - Exhibition Gala

Krislite

Medalist
LOL! I like Evgenia's cheesy Sailormoon exhibition. :laugh:

I'm biased, though, I was a big fan of Sailormoon back in the day. :biggrin:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Now back to regularly scheduled hobbies before I found FS, which means I finally get to go back to reading!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have said before galas are boring. I take it back. And Evgenia is not a robot. I have been thinking maybe she is not human at all, but she is.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wait... yuzuru will do the encore like J/C, W/P and Med, not shoma? Ouch

I'm sure Shoma doesn't mind, he's said he considers Yuzuru Number 1. And Yuzuru is reigning World Champion, it makes sense to have him last in front of the home crowd.

He can be generous, considering we will see him on top of the podium a lot, next season. There will be many galas to close to come, perhaps even in February.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I'm sure Shoma doesn't mind, he's said he considers Yuzuru Number 1. And Yuzuru is reigning World Champion, it makes sense to have him last in front of the home crowd.

He can be generous, considering we will see him on top of the podium a lot, next season. There will be many galas to close to come, perhaps even in February.

I thought it was because they were the FS winners?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Now back to regularly scheduled hobbies before I found FS, which means I finally get to go back to reading!

reading patrick's fan fest from page 1 is something i have done ;) very entertaining.. just saying ;)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I thought it was because they were the FS winners?

It is. WTT seems to be this weird hybrid of a competition so they encore the FS winners and not the overall winners since total points don't count for it.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Somehow I'm glad that Kanako got this one last goodbye in front of such a big audience. She looked really moved and will remember this day for a long time.

I am glad too Kanako had this sendoff. and that she not only was honored but performed in the gala program. She is the "joy of skating" personified for me. She looked so beautiful in her white costume like a bride. :love: I wish we'll get to see a photo of her with Yuzuru, with whom she shared so much history as skating contemporaries; and also Shoma, her "younger brother."

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
reading patrick's fan fest from page 1 is something i have done ;) very entertaining.. just saying ;)

I am like 7 books behind on my Goodreads 2017 challenge because I keep reading this forum instead of books. I cannot be even more distracted!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's not up to Shoma or Yuzu, who gets to skate last. The gala was organized so that the winning FS got the encore. Shoma did not 'let' Yuzu close the show, Yuzu did not 'take' Shoma's encore time, they were told where to skate and they did it. -But if they wanted to, the organizers could have given all segment winners an encore opportunity. Shoma and Chock/Bates included. Probably would have lessened the grumbles.

--I really enjoyed the gala. So many good performances and the closing goodbye to Kanako made me cry.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I am glad too Kanako had this sendoff. and that she not only was honored but performed in the gala program. She is the "joy of skating" personified for me. She looked so beautiful in her white costume like a bride. :love: I wish we'll get to see a photo of her with Yuzuru, with whom she shared so much history as skating contemporaries; and also Shoma, her "younger brother."

I feel the same. Honestly I would rather watch a million faulty Kanako programs than what most of the Ladies in Competition do today. She was born to do this, even if she doesn't have the tech.

LadyB

Record Breaker
That was most defo the best gala I've seen all season! I prefer it when they come on the ice in order of disciplines instead of all together and add a few shenanigans in the end.

It must be Zhenya's party piece to fall in the Ex! Probably practised it a lot :laugh:

All due respect to Vanessa & Morgan, they deserved to be the winners here. WeaPos showed they hadn't been given credit all season. Lovely to see the audience still loving their marvellous performance.
It's the moment when I love every single one of them. Four months are gonna be very long. :love::sad21:

However, I'm gonna go to the (ice)hockey World Cup in Cologne next month, can't wait!!! Hockey is my first love, but it will be weird to see the rink without any of my fave skaters in it! It's been a great season once again :thank:skaters and you lovely lot from GS! Then again, we'll stay in touch as usual :cool2:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's not up to Shoma or Yuzu, who gets to skate last. The gala was organized so that the winning FS got the encore. Shoma did not 'let' Yuzu close the show, Yuzu did not 'take' Shoma's encore time, they were told where to skate and they did it. -But if they wanted to, the organizers could have given all segment winners an encore opportunity. Shoma and Chock/Bates included. Probably would have lessened the grumbles.

--I really enjoyed the gala. So many good performances and the closing goodbye to Kanako made me cry.

I think we were all just kidding, no need to take this so seriously.....:slink: