2018-2019 Russian Nationals Men FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Men FS

rachno2

Record Breaker
My baby can barely breathe :(

He skated smart and tried as hard as he could to go clean. Now put him on the team and let him go home and rest

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
One fall! Not even a splatty one! And he’s alive! So we have our podium: Kovtun, Misha, Samarin, yes?

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
The day Kovtun beaten Mikhail to a national title... sad times for Russian mens figure skating.

Danny T

Medalist
Kolyada could have gotten this ugh, but if judges haven't gone bonkers and gave Kovtun 93 (ninety-three!) points for PCS. Now they're going to give Misha what? 120?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, Mikhail. I know I make fun of you a lot for your many, many disappointments, but that was genuinely heroic considering your health troubles.

And in a world without ridiculous Nationals PCS inflation, he would be leaving Kovtun and Samarin in the dust there.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I’m so proud of Kolyada for holding it together. He looked like he was going to collapse into his coach’s arms at the end. Poor kid. GET SOME REST.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't bother with the post-competition formalities. Get that guy back to hospital.

I thought he looked bad coming off the ice after the SP yesterday, but he looks even worse today.

CaroLiza_fan

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Nobody died and in the end, the result was more or less what we expected.

Amazingly, the top three actually pulled off solid frees, which I don’t think we were expecting, so... win? Cautious optimism?

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Misha could barely breathe in the KnC [emoji26] glad he looked Happy with the silver though ❤️

champagnerain

Final Flight
On the bright side, Misha didn't literally collapse while skating, which was what I was having nightmares about. I can live with this. I just hope he puts his health first in the future. :palmf:

Danny T

Medalist
Nobody died and in the end, the result was more or less what we expected.

Amazingly, the top three actually pulled off solid frees, which I don’t think we were expecting, so... win? Cautious optimism?

Considering this is Russian men's Nationals? Huge win!

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Well at least Mikhail barely got the best PCS. The gap should be bigger.
The judges backed themselves into a corner with Kovtun’s insane and unjustifiable score. I don’t hate Kovtun the way some do and this was probably one of his best skates but it didn’t deserve that score in the least. Not even close.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well sports is so much more fun when you have someone to root against as someone to root for.

Hmm, now what is soft enough to throw at the monitor and not make too much of a mess? Popcorn? Hmmm...

That's all I'm saying.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well sports is so much more fun when you have someone to root against as someone to root for.

Hmm, now what is soft enough to throw at the monitor and not make too much of a mess? Popcorn? Hmmm...

That's all I'm saying.

I recommend tissue wads.