2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies Free Skate | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh...she is coming to Canada for her next JGP... we should see if she can apply for citizenship and just stay with us ;) at least until JGPF :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Tomoe Kawabata got such high GOEs for her 3lz-3t :luv17: it was indeed beautiful

Totally deserved, smooth, high, with distance and polish, it was a delight to see, shame a out that 2a that followed the combo...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I prefer Tarusina over Sherbakova, though I agree A.T has to try to jump higher, especially as she is not a tiny skater. This is the main reason I prefer A.T.
A.S is dangerously skinny, and short, that brings in front Eteri's practices. Julia was thin while she was trained by Eteri. Medvedeva is super thin too, though A.S is much worse. Lack of food also stuns growth in height. Gymnasts have a similar, but different problem. As for gymnasts overtrained muscles at a young age prevents growing in height.
Other than Eteri's students, there is Elizabet T. who is also too thin. I don't think Orser has any guilt. Maybe Elizabet's mom, or it's constitutional, but I doubt.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
I went into a food coma and conked out. So, was history made? And if so, what was it?

Well there was no 4Lz. I guess we have to keep the fandom tradition of World Records alive, though, so Shcherb has the current record for the Junior and Senior Ladies SP, FS, and total score for now.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I caught the last 2 flights of ladies today and was impressed by what I saw in the depth and talent, particularly the South Koreans, Japanese and Russian Ladies.

I enjoyed Yi Christy's FS (thank you Shae-Lynn for rescuing me from all the war horses with Florence & the Machine). She's become so much more consistent under Tom Z and Tammy. It's fun to see Tom Z and Tammy together in the KnC with her and Young You. I love Young's costume and her sass, she just has to get her jump landings a bit more under control.

Not surprised to see Anna S winning it all - she is lovely, super talented and musical for sure. I don't really find her aesthetically pleasing with her Bambi like limbs but that's just me and Eteri/Danil G programs are too busy for my taste.

I felt bad for Pooja dropping to 8th place - she's got great jumps, nice arm movements and spins but the in between needs work and her programs are lacking a bit. I want to see her attack a bit more and get more speed. But not bad placing in the Top 10 in her first JGP.

Country
Russia
I caught the last 2 flights of ladies today and was impressed by what I saw in the depth and talent, particularly the South Koreans, Japanese and Russian Ladies.
There are top8 and others - gap between places 8 and 9 is 16 points.

And who are these golden 8? Two Russians, two Koreans, two Japanese and two girls practicing in USA - Hong Cong and USA.

USA has strong coaches and may have strong competitors.
Why only "may"?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy that Pooja placed 8th in her first JGP. I've seen her skate that FS with a lot more attack. She seemed a little hesitant and tentative today with her jumps. Nice carriage and her ballet training shows in her arm movements. Hope she can get a second assignment. How about that costume?!

Enjoyed Anna S, but those moves where she stretches her leg out and holds it have got to go. They looked inflexible, rushed, and just NOT good.

Adding -- Just watched her interview in English. I'm amazed!

Leonardo

Final Flight
Tomoe Kawabata got such high GOEs for her 3lz-3t :luv17: it was indeed beautiful

Yes. Such a shame the judges don't reward proper technique these days. Her solo 3lz got 1.69 goe (mostly +3 including some +2), with huge height and distance, clean take off, perfect outside edge and toe pick, minimal pre rotation, great flow, connecting steps and beautiful body position. Anna's got 1.92 (including +4s and +5) with 1/2 or more pre rotation (not a clean take off), flat edge and lack of height and distance (missing 2 important core bullets). Tomoe's lutz was years light better, but still got lower goe. A shame really.

New code, same horrible judging.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Am I the only one who gets distracted from the two paramedics in the audience, they watch today the whole competition super interested and even comment, so cool...:laugh:

Ha ha, no. I thought they were firemen at first.

I also noticed that they seemed to watch some skaters more closely than others. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not! :laugh:

I caught up on the last two groups, I really liked Christy Yi's program - that dress was epic!

I also enjoyed Pooja, who I hadn't heard of before. Hope she gets another JGP.

I kinda liked Anna S's dress :laugh: massive score too, even without the 4Lz, I was hoping to see it though, maybe next time.

Young You had really nice jumps I thought. Shame about missing out of her end pose, but huge props for laughing at it!

Anna T's dress was so beautiful and I'm a big fan of her drama arms and Rippons!

Congrats to the medallists!

As always I'd like to thank Ted for being so positive and informative, what a complete legend! He should get inducted into the FS Hall of Fame!

Sure hope the tech box is back next competition, I neeeed it.

moriel

Record Breaker
I missed Anna S`s 4Lz, but i kinda see what they were doing here. It was a must for her to win gold on her first assignment, because a silver could result in her not getting a second GP. Considering the new scoring is still kinda not so well worked out, makes all sense for her team to play safe, since a failed 4Lz with a possible couple of mistakes added on top against, for example, a clean Young You with 3A could be bad.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Yes. Such a shame the judges don't reward proper technique these days. Her solo 3lz got 1.69 goe (mostly +3 including some +2), with huge height and distance, clean take off, perfect outside edge and toe pick, minimal pre rotation, great flow, connecting steps and beautiful body position. Anna's got 1.92 (including +4s and +5) with 1/2 or more pre rotation (not a clean take off), flat edge and lack of height and distance (missing 2 important core bullets). Tomoe's lutz was years light better, but still got lower goe. A shame really.

New code, same horrible judging.

As much as I adore Anna, this is very much true. Tomoe's lutz is massive and beautiful, it should get a row of 5's for sure. My jaw dropped when I saw that first combo! :jaw:

no matter how many times they change the rules, as long as the same people judge nothing will ever change in this sport :disapp:

But anyway, congrats to Both Anna's and Young, very nice podium! :2thumbs:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was a bit disappointed with Anna S in the free, jumps were good but I’m not sure I liked the programme, choreo or outfit. I liked Anna T more, there was real attack and fire in her performance. I didn’t realise it was two years since her accident, you can understand her relief at the end. I hope she gets a second event but I’m not so sure with that score

I also liked You from Korea, Leung from Hong Kong and both Japanese girls.