2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance

icetug

Medalist
Oops, Ted took them for the Canadians. But the British Waddell is a bit alike Canadian ;)

Edit: of course Ted was right. And Waddells are brothers :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A good employee is a happy employee so I'd say keep watching if I were your boss.

:ghug:, it is the case with me & figure skating indeed, it just makes me happy:). It is Friday so work is not that high, thankfully. And I'm going shopping later for pumpkin-cauliflower curry for tomorrow!:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
7Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL
Debuted Last season. Competed at Lake Placid this season; 7th;
Best RD 44.93 ISU JGP Brisbane 2017

RD: Tango: "Por una cabeza" by Carlos Gardel; Tango: "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD: "A Thousand Years" by The Piano Guys; "Beethoven's Five Secrets by The Piano Guys; choreo by Romain Haguenauer GBR
GBR

Black v neck (small v) onesie on George
Dark pink on Sasha with required shreddy skirt

Into pattern Looks a lot better on the second side

Twizzles start in attitude . 3 sets Not bad at all.

Very waltzy feeling curve lift. A lot of complex action getting into it. And a solid one foot lift by George

Steps George stumbles early. There is some good stuff in the ending sequence. Defiinite tangoey feel.

42.25 into 4th

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oops, Ted took them for the Canadians. But the British Waddell is a bit alike Canadian ;)

:laugh: I think it's because there's a Fear/Fear team who represent Canada, Sasha's siblings I believe. Seems like a Reed situation.

Ooo here come the Russians!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Doris.. is there anywhere I can find out what the difference is between the Argentina Tango and the Tango Romantica?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Tres Dramatique!

BTW.. if you want a giggle turn on the live CC. Apparently this dude's last name is bulletin (like the board). I feel badly for those who have to rely on live cc because it's often awful.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
U/N seemed a bit hesitant, nerves maybe? Still, solid skate and great twizzles.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So far above anyone else I've seen so far.

Ice surfacing means dog walking in the peas household. Enjoy the zambonis!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not that scoring between events is entirely consistent, but that’s the highest RD score so far this season.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
While I appreciate the originality of a concept in Ushakova/Nekrasov's RD, there is too much 'gimmick' factor in transition movement and too much of frantic there...Their pattern, although flowy, was skated quite far from each other and with lines/extensions sometimes not matching. The dance overall seems very cluttered and busy with all these arm, head, leg movement. I have no doubt looking at them that they are good technicians and performers, but so much going on in choreography, music, movement makes me less appreciative of their qualities...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
8Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim NEKRASOV
Debuted 2016, 3rd at 2018 Jr. Worlds; best RD 61.29 ISU World Junior Championships 2018
Have not competed this season

RD: Tango: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Bond; Flamenco: Flamenco by Valeri Dolgin; choreography by Natalia Yanovskaia, Elena Maslennikova
FD: Black Cat, White Cat (soundtrack) by Goran Bregovic; choreo by Natalia Yanovskaia, Elena Maslennikova RUS
RUS

Arina in two armed black with shredded skirt, holes at random, red neck trim
Maxim in black onesie. Joy no v neck.

Very sharp moves with flicky tango feet to start.

Huge increase in speed and edging from previous couples.

Into the pattern. Very big. Turn off a bit, Not quite as good on second half

Step sequence separated a bit too much in spots but good

Twizzles very fast looked good. Could use more ice coverage in them. Nice spacing.

She flips into a change of position Rotational lift to end.

This will score well.

And it does

Think that is the highest we have seen in JGP so far.

And we will have a resurface.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you know JGP Lithuania is not meant to be in your life when you put your alarm 20 minutes early so you can watch a bit of it before going to work, only to find out it's zamboni time...

you guys enjoy!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sasha fear please remove the arm ornamentation. Think Coco Chanel. Less is More. You' r givign me a headache. Bland program gets better by end. Good lift.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Irina G, you have Charisma 2 Burn. One of the best stationary lifts ever. Interesting choreography (CL and Juris know their way around a tango).