2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Free Skate

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
I don't know if it's the Russian air or if it's Eteri but she is truly rewriting the history of Ladies Figure Skating

Arbitrary

Medalist
Not GOE, but the base value and the fact it was actually landed.
The all positive GOE is just another target and achievement.
Previous time she landed URed Qlutz the BV was heavily deflated. This time the TC set the proper 11.5 value.
When Shcherbakova attempted the Qlutz she received the same BV with -5 GOE and -1 deduction because of crash.

Regarding Trusova she didn't touch ice with her hand. Thus ratified.
Interesting the FSRussia site states she did touch, but they are wrong.
It was a matter of few centimeters.
0 GOE counts as ratified, then?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Levushkina: kudos to her for skating to a bearable version of Roxanne.

Kim: well, la bayadere is’nt a very common program and I wonder why, although i would have choose different pieces like nikya's death (imo it could be a very powerful performance). i'm still waiting for a men program to the golden idol music.

Yokoi: she surely has got nerves of steel and she’s a great skater, also, she’s impersonating the phantom instead of Christine, wich I like a lot (it remind’s me of kanako murakami).

Trusova: did she punched the judges in the face? :biggrin: well if you can throw a 4lutz I guess you can XD her program is growing on me, anyway suits her well.

Kanysheva: probably one of my favourite fs of the season, she’s delicate and strong at the same time. but the pressure was a killer, it’s understandable a young girl like her couldn’t cope with it. Her final reaction broke my heart.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Finally caught up on the competition- there is so much to be impressed with. Trusova's focus is incredible, you could tell the altitude was affecting a lot of skaters but she paced herself really well.

Can I just say again how awesome Ted's commentary is. He is so positive about every skater and shows no national bias. I wish we had more commentary like his.