2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Congrats baby Eunsoo for getting your first GP medal! A really big step further. I’m also happy for Alexia, rise small fed skaters!

Oh, Alina, a mistake on your easiest jump? :drama: Overrall it was better than Helsinki IMO. Now rest and comeback stronger than ever at GPF, please.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Is Evgenia close to not making the GPF? Did Mako just give her some breathing room?

Qual'd:

Liza Tuk (1+3)
Satoko (1+2)
Alina Zagitova (1+1)

2 events done, on the bubble:
Kaori Sakomoto (24 Points, 2+3)
Sofia Samodurova (24 Points, 3+2, but behind Kaori on score tiebreaker)

Still to skate at IdF:
Evgenia Medvedeva (Needs Gold or Silver with higher score than Sofia to qualify)
Rika Kihira (Needs fourth or higher to qualify, or even fifth if Evgenia bombs too)
Stanislava Konstantinova (Needs silver or higher to qualify, or bronze with astronomical scores)
Mai Mihara/Bradie Tennell (Needs Gold to qualify, or else silver with Evgenia and Stanislava below her, and Rika 6th or lower)

Am I right about this?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Alina received URs calls in Russia. Well, maybe she's not that protected after all.

neusw

On the Ice
Alina received URs calls in Russia. Well, maybe she's not that protected after all.

It's not that surprising. Everyone should be receiving those calls if it's real, and for the most part they have (a few exceptions of course). This year in particular tech calls have been stricter than the last quad, and rightly so.

lala34345

On the Ice
So happy for Eun-soo! She fixed her salchow in just a week, and I'm assuming she went straight from Japan to Russia so she didn't even get to do regular training during that time. Girl has got grit - and talent!

moriel

Record Breaker
Qual'd:

Liza Tuk (1+3)
Satoko (1+2)
Alina Zagitova (1+1)

2 events done, on the bubble:
Kaori Sakomoto (24 Points, 2+3)
Sofia Samodurova (24 Points, 3+2, but behind Kaori on score tiebreaker)

Still to skate at IdF:
Evgenia Medvedeva (Needs Gold or Silver with higher score than Sofia to qualify)
Rika Kihira (Needs fourth or higher to qualify, or even fifth if Evgenia bombs too)
Stanislava Konstantinova (Needs silver or higher to qualify, or bronze with astronomical scores)
Mai Mihara/Bradie Tennell (Needs Gold to qualify, or else silver with Evgenia and Stanislava below her, and Rika 6th or lower)

Am I right about this?

id say Zhenya is safe if she scores 200+ in france

katymay

Medalist
Looks like Alina just ran out of steam at the end. Underrotations and mistakes on all 3 bonus jumps. They should really think about simplifying the choreography a bit--would make the program better and not affect her PCS all that much IMO.

At the practice this morning she looked tired, and very UnAlina like. She might be a touch under the weather, or she is worn out from the short program hoopla.

neusw

On the Ice
At the practice this morning she looked tired, and very UnAlina like. She might be a touch under the weather, or she is worn out from the short program hoopla.

I noticed that as well. She left practice early, whereas she's usually the last one on the ice.

katymay

Medalist
So does Gracie still qualify for nationals b/c she WD?

Yes, she does. At practice this morning though she was having problems landing an axel, So not sure nationals is realistic for Gracie. But, whatever.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I've finally watched darling squirtle, and oh my god not only she was 100% clean (minus one dinged flip), that was the best performance of the free I've seen from her. She was flirty, sassy, lovely, and overall a wonder and a delight to watch. Oh darling I'm so, so proud of you, that is what you can do, and you know you can do even better. You just have to be collected, focused, and just not freezed up by nerves. I've just cracked open a beer, I don't care it's 3:43 here I'm gonna celebrate :love: :hap57:

neusw

On the Ice
New Rostelecom Cup FAKE UR calls:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/se..._FS_Scores.pdf

https://youtu.be/EIynTD_7168?t=342
3Lz+3T< UR call was fake. It seems they just don't want Sofia to be in GPF instead of Kaori.

https://youtu.be/q5bzQp185zU?t=182
Alina's 3F<+2T+2Lo UR call was fake as well.
Also her 3Lz<+3Lo combo was 90 degree UR and they can be less picky about that but they choose not to.

Hmm I couldn't see the < on Alina's 3F either, even in slo-mo, but maybe the tech callers had a different angle. As for the combo, I was sure the < would be on the 3Lo. It looked more under than the 3Lz

Seruleane

Final Flight

Perhaps. I did rewatch her FS and she looked so much better, it was a relief to me. I suspect my stream had some visual to audio lag because when I watched live, it looked like she was about half a beat behind the music so I thought she was sluggish, but upon rewatching, she was right on the beat for everything (jumps, gestures, footwork) and it was MUCH better. She also looked faster. I think her Carmen is coming along nicely. I'll have to wait for live reports.

So happy for Eunsoo too! She was a wonderful surprise tonight. I'll be rooting for her in the future. And the Russian ladies better look out for Sofia- she looked like she was out for blood. She sells her programs well, and I think she is deadly serious for vying for one of the three spots.

Leonardo

Final Flight
3Lz+3T< UR call was fake. It seems they just don't want Sofia to be in GPF instead of Kaori.

LOL. First of all, Sofia needed 146 to be ahead of Kaori. She got 130 with the ur call, that means 133/4 with no calls. Still very far away.

Second, do you really think the tech pannel is thinking about Kaori when they are calling jumps? LMAO

madison

Record Breaker
I don t understand the high PCS gap between Alina and Sofya - 10 points or so:eek:
I could understand 3-4 points, but 10??

twirlingblades

Medalist
Hmm I couldn't see the < on Alina's 3F either, even in slo-mo, but maybe the tech callers had a different angle. As for the combo, I was sure the < would be on the 3Lo. It looked more under than the 3Lz

Yeah, I thought the URs would be on the -2T of the flip combo, and the 3Lo.

Jackie thought both parts of the 3Lz+3Lo were borderline.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
LOL. First of all, Sofia needed 146 to be ahead of Kaori. She got 130 with the ur call, that means 133/4 with no calls. Still very far away.

Second, do you really think the tech pannel is thinking about Kaori when they were calling jumps? LMAO

Tech panel can't know at all what score will be in the end. Also, why call very solid 3T when there were more questionable jumps? It looks to me as there was some UR quota for her assigned even before her skate since she is new and just from juniors - so she shouln't got too much points passing over more "deserved" skaters. And they labeled the very first jumping pass as under - to be done with it quickly. Well, maybe it's conspiracy theory - but it looks to me like that. If not - what other reason there can be? Not calling UR can be just unprofessionalism but calling clean jump as UR hardly can be anything other than deliberate. I mean - each call they should discuss and review with at least three pairs of eyes before making final decision, isn't it? It's should be impossible to make mistake there.

Ziotic

Medalist
Tech panel can't know at all what score will be in the end. Also, why call very solid 3T when there were more questionable jumps? It looks to me as there were some UR quota for her assigned even before her skate since she is new and just from juniors - so she shouln't got too much points passing over more "deserved" skaters. And they labeled the very first jumping pass as under - to be done with it quickly. Well, maybe it's conspiracy theory - but it looks to me like that. If not - what other reason there can be? Not calling UR can be just unprofessionalism but calling clean jump as UR hardly can be anything other than deliberate. I mean - each call they should discuss and review with at least three pairs of eyes before making final decision, isn't it? It's should be impossible to make mistake there.

They do review and it’s 2/3 that need to say it was UR, so maybe it’s not them making the mistake...