2018 Russian Ladies JGP Team? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Ladies JGP Team?

tars

Record Breaker
Samodurova with her small jumps and fine performance quality should be great addition to any federation, still not threatening Russian technical phenoms.
Gulyakova, on the other side, I would never let out of Russia, if I was the fed - any skater landing 3A in trainings may be dangerous in the future.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova just won her competition with nearly 192 points, twenty higher than 2nd place. Definitely looking strong for JGP, with clean skate, including 3Lz-3Lo!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Is Kostornaya definitely not moving up to seniors? I thought she would!

She won't be age eligible.

This seems to be a common misconception. The Finnish commentator even said that she's 15 years old already and will definitely be in senior GP next season - No she won't.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone! For some reason I thought she was age eligible already this year!

Elucidus

Match Penalty
It would be huge humiliation for all seniors to be easily beaten by this tiny little girl - so they made this rule to protect reputation of respectable "adults" :biggrin:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone! For some reason I thought she was age eligible already this year!

I feel ya, I wrote in Alysa Liu's fanfest that she'd be JGP eligible next year when I knew she wouldn't be until 2019...

Azikin

Medalist
It would be huge humiliation for all seniors to be easily beaten by this tiny little girl - so they made this rule to protect reputation of respectable "adults" :biggrin:

Well, she's beaten all but 2 seniors in Russian Nationals.. ;)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Since the JGP is affected by the GP rankings, here's who I think the Russian Fed will submit for GP names:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Maria Sotskova
4. Polina Tsurskaya
5. Daria Panenkova
6. Elena Radionova
7. Stanislava Konstantinova
8. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva *due to SB*
9. Anna Pogorilaya, if she's back on form and showing that she's ready
*I really doubt that they'll submit 9 names. So I think she'll get the host spot if she's ready*

Girls this is pretty awful for:
Gubanova
Samodurova *if she doesn't complete the forms to change countries*
Sakhanovich
Tarusina
Mikhailova
Leonova

russianfan

Match Penalty
Since the JGP is affected by the GP rankings, here's who I think the Russian Fed will submit for GP names:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Maria Sotskova
4. Polina Tusrskaya
5. Daria Panenkova
6. Elena Radionova
8. Anna Pogorilaya, if she's back on form and showing that she's ready
if not: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva / Anastasia Gubanova / Serafima Sakhanovich

i guess it's not that easy for foreigners to handle more than 2 consequent consonant letters :)

skatenewbie

Medalist
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Maria Sotskova
4. Polina Tsusrskaya
5. Daria Panenkova
6. Elena Radionova
8. Anna Pogorilaya, if she's back on form and showing that she's ready
if not: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva / Anastasia Gubanova / Serafima Sakhanovich
Liza guaranteed 1 GP spot though since she is in top 24 SB and i dont think she will go out from top 24

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think the only one is moving to seniors is Stanislava Konstantinova... the others will depend if some other skaters decide to retire or get a year off after the olympics..

GP: Evgenia Medvedeva, Alina Zagitova, Maria Sotskova, Polina Tsusrskaya, Anna Pogorilaya, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Elena Radionova, Stanislava Konstantinova, Home spot: Serafima Sakhanovich
Daria Panenkova could move to senior but she didn't win a final or a national championship or compete a junior world ( not like the other eteri's girls who move to seniors) ... so unless Medvedeva or Zagitova decide not to compete in 2018/2019 ... she will continue to compete in the juniors circuit
Or GP could give to russia 3 spots in ladies to every stage

I don't see why the rush to move to seniors ... pass the puberty in juniors, refine or movements, and don't fall in the jumps and then move to seniors ...
For example I love Gubanova skating but I think she have a rush year because of her puberty and her jumps are adapting to that ... so I think another year in juniors will be good for her ... she is too young

JGP:Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kostornaya, Anastasia Tarakanova, Daria Panenkova, Sofia Samodurova, Anastasia Gulyakova, Alisa Fedichkina, Anastasia Gubanova, Anna Shcherbakova, Viktoria Vasilieva ...
And we already know ... if one girls to fail to secure de 1st and 2st at any stage of jgp bye bye to the 2nd one
And I think it is a good move for some of the girls to move to other countries ....

tjb

Match Penalty
I don't see why the rush to move to seniors ... pass the puberty in juniors, refine or movements, and don't fall in the jumps and then move to seniors ...
For example I love Gubanova skating but I think she have a rush year because of her puberty and her jumps are adapting to that ... so I think another year in juniors will be good for her ... she is too young

this "gubanova puberty" talks are tiresome.
last season she hadn't a single clean competition. and no one was saying anything about puberty jumps. this season she messed up JUST ONCE (on the biggest stage for her, but still just once), and had about 6 or 7 clean competitons. she is one of the most consistent russian ladies this year. what she is adapting for? she skates clean every efing time

i hope that she moves to seniors next year. and i'm expecting pogorilaya to retire

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Tsurskaya didn't win a final or nationals in her second junior season and still moved to seniors...
Panenkova has better luck in GP than JGP anyway, which is kinda crazy considering GPs are supposed to be harder!

alvina9894

Final Flight
Dasha is better off at seniors. She has the BV and consistency that is much needed as Russian #3. Moreover, she never had meltdowns in major competitions.