2019 Junior Worlds Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Pairs Free Skate

gold12345

Medalist
I kind of expect K/I and P/R to stay in juniors next year. The senior pairs field in Russian packed right now.

Yeah, there's really no reason for either team to move to Seniors right now. Both are age eligible for Juniors next season, and as good as they are, they look like Junior teams who have room to mature. It would be great to see either of them win a World Junior crown.

I love that Panfilova/Rylov came so close to winning, and likely would have won if their 2A combo was smoother (they had a downgrade on their Euler). Their pair elements are really beautiful with strong quality on their twist/throws/lifts. By the end of the program I barely even care that their jumping was so much lesser than the others. They don't have the level of maturation that Mishina/Galliamov do (who still have room for growth too), but the strength of their pair skating was properly reflected in their scores.

Regarding Kostiukovich/Ialin, it's kind of odd how the scoring system can give them a couple -4s for a fall on a throw, yet they received a couple -5s for underrotating/doubling their 3S combo. They fought through their skate today; perhaps there were some nerves from being in the lead.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My eyes closed on their own, but Nastya and Sasha won anyway :yahoo: P/R did beautifully, they deserve their place. And I also think K/I will stay in juniors another season, the field is packed and she did grow a bit. I'm going back to bed soon, but while I'd have loved Nastya and Sasha to win with a clean skate they did lovely minus the fall, and I wonder how I'm going to survive the dilemma of loving both B/K and M/G and the podium being limited next season :drama:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good to see Hamon/Strekalin make the top ten! Denys has been injured and they weren't sure if he'd be recovered in time for the competition, so I'm glad they a) made it and b) had a decent showing overall.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yes, amazing lifts, but unfortunately for them only double jumps. That will decide.

One would think they should have done a double loop double loop and double toe and then just did a double axel as the single jump - if clean that would have given them the gold I thinkor close too it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice showing by the Americans. Hope for the future but boy was it close. The Russians really were impressive and clearly in a class of their own. Not even the Chinese were that close. Canada was rathe ho hum - usually a strenght this year was not great.

LadyB

Record Breaker
My eyes closed on their own, but Nastya and Sasha won anyway :yahoo: P/R did beautifully, they deserve their place. And I also think K/I will stay in juniors another season, the field is packed and she did grow a bit. I'm going back to bed soon, but while I'd have loved Nastya and Sasha to win with a clean skate they did lovely minus the fall, and I wonder how I'm going to survive the dilemma of loving both B/K and M/G and the podium being limited next season :drama:

I feel your pain totally! I've also got a soft spot for T/M... While nothing compares to how I felt when Stolbova/Klimov were participating, but there are certainly nervous times ahead (and a lot to look forward to!) :cheer: