2021-22 Russian Nationals: Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Rhythm Dance

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
If she cannot heAr the reporter, how does she hear the music and rhythm? No timing issues? Hmmm….
What exactly do you want to propose?

First, she is not deaf and there are methods how to transfer the sound even to deaf/close to deaf people (even deaf people can learn to dance for instance). Second, there is a difference in recognizing particular words and perceiving the rhythm. It's like tuning the volume of the music to a very low level, where you can have problems with recognizing particular words and some parts but still following the main tune.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
My pick for the best moment of this event—in fact, for the whole day, so far—the crowd’s vigorous, sustained booing of Zagorski/Guerreiro’s scores :)

I do love seeing mature teams, especially where they relate to each other in such a genuine, natural way as these two do. And their dance was a breath of fresh air that stood out—in a good way—in a sea of black leatherette Boom Boom Pows. Well done, Tiffany and Jonathan!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
My pick for the best moment of this event—in fact, for the whole day, so far—the crowd’s vigorous, sustained booing of Zagorski/Guerreiro’s scores :)

I do love seeing mature teams, especially where they relate to each other in such a genuine, natural way as these two do. And their dance was a breath of fresh air that stood out—in a good way—in a sea of black leatherette Boom Boom Pows. Well done, Tiffany and Jonathan!

I don't mind Boom Boom Pows but i thought Morozov/Bagin did it better, performed more.

Diana, i'm sorry but she always looks so stiff and nervous, they go for more difficulty with some of the elements, but the quality of those isn't great, and a bit inflated in the GOE here.

The writing was on the wall since last year (how did they beat Kaganovskaya/Angelopol by that much last season, no idea), Eteri has been pushing this for a while, happy the audience is not buying it.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I agree. I like when we get to hear the boos of the crowd. When the crowd boos, the results or scores (or both) must really be off. Z/G are not only out of podium position, but are multiple points off.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some RD

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

There has been at least one very good deaf female ice dancer,. Eve Chalom.

With Mathew Gates, she is the 1996 Nebelhorn Trophy silver medalist and a two-time (1997, 1999) U.S. national silver medalist.

You can feel the vibrations of rhythm. In some ways, a level of deafness can be a plus, since you are not distracted by the melody or lyrics. Having a really good partner is key. It helps that the partner can lead

Gleb is really very good.

danceme

Rinkside
Country
Commonwealth
I don't mind Boom Boom Pows but i thought Morozov/Bagin did it better, performed more.

Diana, i'm sorry but she always looks so stiff and nervous, they go for more difficulty with some of the elements, but the quality of those isn't great, and a bit inflated in the GOE here.

The writing was on the wall since last year (how did they beat Kaganovskaya/Angelopol by that much last season, no idea), Eteri has been pushing this for a while, happy the audience is not buying it.
Great insite