2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 415 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Season's Best List - final list of the season

1. Kamila Valieva - Rus - 272.71 GP Rostelecom Cup (new World record!!)
2. Anna Shcherbakova - Rus - 255.95 Olympic Games
3. Alexandra Trusova - Rus - 251.73 Olympic Games
4. Kaori Sakamoto - Jpn - 236.09 World Championchips
5. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Rus - 233.30 CS Finlandia Trophy
6. Sofia Akateva (J) - Rus - 233.08 JGP Krasnoyarsk (Junior World record)
7. Maiia Khromykh - Rus - 226.35 GP Gran Premio d'Italia
8. Alëna Kostornaia - Rus - 221.85 GP Internationaux de France
9. Alysa Liu - USA - 219.24 CS Lombardia Trophy
10. Loena Hendrickx - Bel - 219.05 GP Gran Premio d'Italia
11. Mai Mihara - Jpn - 218.03 Four Continents Championships
12. Daria Usacheva - Rus - 217.31 GP Skate America
13. Young You - Kor - 216.97 GP Skate America
14. Veronika Zhilina (J) - Rus - 216.92 JGP Kosice
15. Wakaba Higuchi - Jpn - 214.44 Olympic Games
16. Haein Lee - Kor - 213.52 Four Continents Championships
17. Sofia Muravieva - Rus - 211.81 JGP Linz
18. Adelia Petrosian - Rus - 210.57 JGP Ljubljana
19. Mariah Bell - USA - 210.35 GP Rostelecom Cup
20. Yelim Kim - Kor - 209.91 Four Continents Championships
21. Satoko Miyahara - Jpn - 209.57 GP Gran Premio d'Italia
22. Isabeau Levito - USA - 208.31 JGP Linz
23. Anastasia Zinina - Rus - 206.20 JGP Krasnoyarsk
24. Jia Shin (J) - Kor - 206.01 Junior World Championchips
----------------------------------------------------------------
25. Kseniia Sinitsyna - Rus - 205.76 GP Skate America
26. Sofia Samodelkina - Rus - 205.67 JGP Ljubljana
36. Elizaveta Kulikova (J) - Rus - 196.83 JGP Krasnoyarsk
38. Elizaveta Berestovskaya (J) - Rus - 196.07 JGP Krasnoyarsk
43. Maria Zakharova (J) - Rus - 190.33 JGP Kosice
55. Sofia Samodurova - Rus - 180.59 GP Gran Premio d'Italia

Top 24 are guaranteed a spot at next year's senior GPs, except for (J).

So it looks like Valieva, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Tuktamysheva, Khromykh, Kostornaia, Usacheva, Muravieva, Petrosian will grab all the GP spots next season. Zinina will probably be snubbed although she is guaranteed one spot. And because of Higuchi at Olympics and Shin at Junior Worlds, Sinitsyna and Samodelkina falls outside the top 24.

But who knows what will happen next season. There might be some retirements among the nine qualifiers, then Zinina is up. Personally I would give Samodelkina a GP spot over Zinina but that's just me.
And also, there is bound to be some rule changes. The senior age thing might be one of them. From the rumours I've seen, it looks like Muravieva/Petrosian/Samodelkina will be safe to go into seniors next year, and Akateva/Zhilina will be held back in juniors for 2 more years. But we don't know for certain and anything can happen.

And with all that is going on, who knows if there is any Russian women in the GPs at all next season.
Satoko Miyahara and Alysa Liu have both retired so Kseniina Sinitsyna and Sofia Samodelkina move up.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara and Alysa Liu have both retired so Kseniina Sinitsyna and Sofia Samodelkina move up.
"Moving up" following retirements is only done for GP spots based on World Championship results, but not for Season's Best or World Standing lists, as far as I know (or at least, this is the official procedure, but it might well happen "in practice").

Last edited:

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Does anyone know if Sasha's "Cruella" dress (not the spare one, but the one with black, red, and newsprint) was designed by Olga Riabenko? I assume it was, but just want to confirm.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And of course today 1TV broadcasts Moscow stage of the COI:

Fully available here BTW:

Last edited:

brakes

On the Ice
Anna Shcherbakova didn't attend ceremonial meeting with president Putin.

280094937_iatrwm22xrygx16rscx8bgmqwx24rjyqt7agm4r83n58igagvrfizl8ke42daad_grvj7vhs9xkkad74.jpg

Amei

Record Breaker
They've already been going after her on sportsru. :(

Yes, I've seen some things unfortunately. Depending on how bad it gets this may help the others internationally though because they'll point to Shcherbakova and say 'See this is why we felt we had to go'. She should come out with some fluffy statement about loving to perform for her countrymen and with the show coinciding with the meeting and not knowing if she would be able to make it back in time, she decided to stay wherever they are and skate in the show.

Magill

Record Breaker
Well, all I found were some funny and sarcastic remarks, mostly on the unhappy faces of the happy olympians meeting their president, and words of praise for Anna (or remarks that she might be already planning for leaving Russia, but not sounding too snarky, rather as a matter-of-fact) and some other people who were not in attendance.
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/interval/3037105.html#comments
I am not saying what you saw was not there, nor do I doubt your words, but I just did not find it and I had never used sportsru in my life so I am far from expert on this site. Any links or something?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
They've already been going after her on sportsru. :(
I bet the comments of the kind "Respect, Anna!" with high level of thumbs up mean "they go after her", right? C'mon. ;)

To put some clarification in an attempt to stop BS before it starts. Anna was ill in the moment the quarantine was expected to begin so she could not have start it in time. Elementary, dear Watson.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Yes, I've seen some things unfortunately. Depending on how bad it gets this may help the others internationally though because they'll point to Shcherbakova and say 'See this is why we felt we had to go'. She should come out with some fluffy statement about loving to perform for her countrymen and with the show coinciding with the meeting and not knowing if she would be able to make it back in time, she decided to stay wherever they are and skate in the show.
She decided not to go on a 2 week quarantine which is an essential step for those who meet with Putin. That's why she could not participate and instead she went to skate in Tutberidze show.

It's obvious that Russian society is divided now with respect to what's going on. On the other hand, you could see that sports.ru comments with Anna's support are "in the green" and those that criticize her are "in the red" likes speaking. The reason for red comments are sometimes bizarre: "she got the money for her medal that's why she had to attend".

On the second thought, there might be logic behind those remarks. She did get money from the state and meeting with the head of the state may be a part of the deal. No politics.

Magill

Record Breaker
She decided not to go on a 2 week quarantine which is an essential step for those who meet with Putin. That's why she could not participate and instead she went to skate in Tutberidze show.

It's obvious that Russian society is divided now with respect to what's going on. On the other hand, you could see that sports.ru comments with Anna's support are "in the green" and those that criticize her are "in the red" likes speaking. The reason for red comments are sometimes bizarre: "she got the money for her medal that's why she had to attend".

On the second thought, there might be logic behind those remarks. She did get money from the state and meeting with the head of the state may be a part of the deal. No politics.
Oh, I understand now! The red comments were closed in my view and to see them I had to open each one of them separately, one after the other, while the green ones were open by default. Right, there are nasty ones, funny ones and praising ones. Quite a mixture of views. Thank you for the tip on the colours.

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
I bet the comments of the kind "Respect, Anna!" with high level of thumbs up mean "they go after her, right? C'mon. ;)

To put some clarification in an attempt to stop BS before it starts. Anna was ill in the moment the quarantine was expected to begin so she could not have start it in time. Elementary, dear Watson.
There is another reason. Anna's sister works abroad. It is also possible (here I'm not sure) that Stanislav Shcherbakov has some kind of foreign real estate. Approximately in the same situation is Eteri. Well, since Putin, the Shcherbakovs, and Tutberidze are well aware of how noble, honest, and sacred Western democracies can behave in such circumstances, they (out of a sense of admiration, of course) decided to hold this protocol event in a truncated format.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
There is another reason. Anna's sister works abroad. It is also possible (here I'm not sure) that Stanislav Shcherbakov has some kind of foreign real estate. Approximately in the same situation is Eteri. Well, since Putin, the Shcherbakovs, and Tutberidze are well aware of how noble, honest, and sacred Western democracies can behave in such circumstances, they (out of a sense of admiration, of course) decided to hold this protocol event in a truncated format.
That came to my mind too.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
You guys are talking about a skater who is clearly well-raised, intelligent, and wordly. Someone who has pretty much always done and said the right thing during her career, more so than any other skater of her era, and who has exhibited nothing but virtuousness, humility, and kindness.

I don't claim to know the reason for her not attending, but it would not shock me if it's because she doesn't feel right being associated in any way with the war and a man accused of war crimes, even if she will pay a price for this decision.

I think it's out of line to be floating baseless and insulting rumors about her family or her own motivations here. (Like, this has to do with her dad owning real estate abroad? Give me a break.)

She's already suffered a rough fate, through no fault of her own, by the standards of an Olympic gold medalist. Kamila's scandal tainted her victory, as did Sasha's display of poor sportsmanship. The war that started immediately after the Olympics, along with the lingering impact of Kamila's scandal, pretty much robbed of her of international sponsorship opportunities, and the war and its impact on the Russian economy limited domestic opportunities, as well.

Anyway, for what was potentially a brave and risky act by her here, she deserves respect and admiration, not people floating baseless rumors about her and her family's motivation. I know it's a foreign concept to some folks, but there does exist people in the world who take an unlikely and risky position simply because they have a moral compass and follow it.