2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating

Briananing

On the Ice
When she's in the US Tammy Gambil is her coach, she partially trains in Colorado Springs similar to Young.
Speaking of another korean student of Tammy Gambill, is Clare Seo = Seo Heewon ? I feel like i saw her before on Korean nationals, but i m not sure. I tried to look for the video and it does seem what i m guesing is true ?

There is also this korean girl, i don't know her name but she was very young when her video went viral because she was very charismatic despite her young age, she skated to "me too" i think with pink and black costumes, i tried to look for her name but i couldn't find the video. What i m trying to ask is that, is she still skating and what is her name ?

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Speaking of another korean student of Tammy Gambill, is Clare Seo = Seo Heewon ? I feel like i saw her before on Korean nationals, but i m not sure. I tried to look for the video and it does seem what i m guesing is true ?

There is also this korean girl, i don't know her name but she was very young when her video went viral because she was like very charismatic and her stage presence was really good despite her young age, she skated to "me too" i think with pink and black costumes, i tried to look for her name but i couldn't find the video. What i m trying to ask is that, is she still skating and what is her name ?
Yes, Clare Seo is Seo Heewon. I don't mention her in this thread since she doesn't represent Korea anymore, but she was the Nats junior gold medalist in 2020. And after some searching I found your girl (I don't watch novices as a principle), her name is Seo Minseo (서민서) and here is a video of her skating to Me Too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYFADXq3Me0
As for whether she's still skating or not, I didn't see her name on the level test lists for this season so I'm presuming she's not skating competitively anymore, but since the pandemic started everything's all confused so I can't be sure.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Final protocols for the Nebelhorn/Universiade selections

Men

1. Lee Sihyeong 194.25
2. Jeong Deokhoon 181.98
3. Kyeong Jaeseok 175.37

Women

1. Kim Haneul 171.84
2. Choi Dabin 147.78
3. Kim Nahyun 141.78
4. Lee Hyunsoo 126.22

Ice Dance

1. Min/Eaton 166.37 (RD 68.79, FD 97.68)

So the results are mostly as expected, Sihyeong goes with Min/Eaton to Nebelhorn and Haneul is going to Lucerne for the Universiade. I'm not quite sure how Sihyeong will decide on the Universiade, technically he could go but I think (and hope, my homeboy you have the Olympics to think of) that he will decline and leave the spot for Deokhoon. Will post video links as soon as KSU starts doing some work and actually uploads them (sigh)

Last edited:

Briananing

On the Ice
Yes, Clare Seo is Seo Heewon. I don't mention her in this thread since she doesn't represent Korea anymore, but she was the Nats junior gold medalist in 2020. And after some searching I found your girl (I don't watch novices as a principle), her name is Seo Minseo (서민서) and here is a video of her skating to Me Too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYFADXq3Me0
As for whether she's still skating or not, I didn't see her name on the level test lists for this season so I'm presuming she's not skating competitively anymore, but since the pandemic started everything's all confused so I can't be sure.
Thank you so much ichat.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Do you guys know if there will actually be 3 korean girls competing in the 2nd stage of the jgp in france? As i was looking through entries for the 2nd Courchevel jgp, i noticed that all 3 of Ahsun Yun, Seoyeon Ji, Chaeyeon Kim have been marked as competing there, Heesue Han and Chaebin Hwang have been marked as subsitutes.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Why did Clare switch from representing Korea to representing America? Does she have dual citizenship? :scratch2:

Edit: better training conditions?

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Do you guys know if there will actually be 3 korean girls competing in the 2nd stage of the jgp in france? As i was looking through entries for the 2nd Courchevel jgp, i noticed that all 3 of Ahsun Yun, Seoyeon Ji, Chaeyeon Kim have been marked as competing there, Heesue Han and Chaebin Hwang have been marked as subsitutes.
It looks like this is because Korea isn't sending any skaters to JGP Krasnoyarsk, due to I think mandatory quarantine when they return. So those two spots are being added to other events, including one extra spot in Courcheval. Not sure where the other extra spot is going.

It makes sense, with both Ahsun and Seoyeon already in France. It'll be interesting to see if their performances are different with the extra week to get used to the altitude.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Good to hear of Dabin competing again! :)

breadstal

Record Breaker
It is probably a mistake since Seoyeon is also on EL of JGP Slovakia.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Chaeyeon is 2nd after SP with a score of 66.90, what an international debut for her! She has got nice PCS, almost all in 7s, and good GOEs on her jumps and spins. Ahsun is 6th with 57.73 after a pop on a flip, BUT she had an amazing 3Lz-3T combo! I'd say she is still in for a medal, but the top 3 are very strong. Seoyeon is 8th with 50.88 after a fall on 3Lz, so no combo :(

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Looks like Yeonjeong will be competing at US International Classic next month! I feel like we haven't heard much from her or her team recently so I'm glad to see she's competing!
I’m trying to decide whether I should go to this comp and so figured I’d ask here—who can tell me all about this skater? Don’t know her at all, and it’s like a six-hour drive for me :)

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I’m trying to decide whether I should go to this comp and so figured I’d ask here—who can tell me all about this skater? Don’t know her at all, and it’s like a six-hour drive for me :)
She competed on the JGP in the 19-20 season, here's her programs from that year: Short Free
She's obviously senior eligible, so I'm guessing she's 15 or 16 now.

EDIT: Based on those videos, it looks like she was coached by Bitna Park, the same woman who coaches Ahsun. I'm not sure if Yeonjeong is still with her though.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
EDIT: Based on those videos, it looks like she was coached by Bitna Park, the same woman who coaches Ahsun. I'm not sure if Yeonjeong is still with her though.
Yeonjeong is currently coached by coach Hong Yeseul, whose other students include my tesoro Younghyun

breadstal

Record Breaker
Three Korean ladies in the top 5! Congrats to Chaeyeon for her amazing debut, she did was had to be done, but there's still a lot of room to grow! Sad for Seoyeon and Ahsun to finish just outside of the podium, but Seoyeon delivered really good free. Also, Ahsun is getting it slowly all together with each program, she got to pass 170 on international level and I believe that with each competition the program will get better and better :)

chz

On the Ice
I never really knew chaeyeon before this but just watched her videos from 2020, she has come a long way. Now, she attacks her jumps with such easiness. I believe she can easily earn higher GOEs by fine tuning her landings; extend the free leg a bit and let it flow further.