2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Ladies - Free Skate | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Ladies - Free Skate

ice coverage

Record Breaker
And they sent Grant Hochstein in 14

Off topic, but Grant went to Worlds in 2016.
Adam, Max, and Nathan were top three at 2016 Nats, but Nathan injured himself badly at the Nats gala.

2014 World team was Jeremy and Max.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, and to be honest, this is on Lori. Funny that Amber was living her best moment with music that Lori gave to Sui and Han's fiery yet lyrical program. Misha Ge is doing a great job with Amber. And Lori needs to be more creative with her choices for Alysa.
I had forgotten until I just saw on Twitter that Misha did Amber's choreo. Yaaaas:clap:

Mariah's LP is, well, not great. Shae Lynn did not send her best. I don't like Alysa's LP come to that either.

They both need to go back to Rohene,:pray: He did some of their best, IMO.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and because the US loves participation trophies, they have a pewter medal so their podium has an extra person vs. the standard 3.
Charlie White has said that he appreciated what some mocked as "participation trophies" (ETA: participation ribbons in general, not pewters) and saw nothing wrong with them.

If they're good enough for an Olympic champ, they're good enough for me. I like the pewters(y)

Greengemmonster

On the Ice

Ooh she's such a darling

She's handled everything so well, growth spurt and all. I'm so proud of her. She's obviously still got all her triples.

Despite all the raving about the flip I'm actually relieved at how everything played out this season for Alysa. Pewter medal and hasn't lost all her jumps/spins/EVERYTHING like people were crying at the beginning of the season.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, and to be honest, this is on Lori. Funny that Amber was living her best moment with music that Lori gave to Sui and Han's fiery yet lyrical program. Misha Ge is doing a great job with Amber. And Lori needs to be more creative with her choices for Alysa.
More like Alysa needs to drop Lori and just have Jeremy Abbott do her choreography, he's already helping coach her.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How many years ago did Max save our 3 male slots?
2018. And perhaps interestingly, at that very Worlds, one of the USFS-preferred choices was the one to crumble under the pressure, too...
And they sent Grant Hochstein in 14
Huh? What competition are we talking about here? Jason and Jeremy went to the Olympics and Max and Jeremy went to Worlds. And the 4CC team was Ricky Dornbush, Adam Rippon, and Joshua Farris.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I really didn't understand the free skate at all and what they were trying to do with it.

Perhaps if Alysa wasn't smiling her way through it it could have come across as much more. Atmospheric, dramatic, graceful, elegant, any of it. Instead it looked like she was skating something completely different and I don't think she understood the music very well

Smith16

Rinkside
"This can all blow up at the end. But what if it doesn’t?" Hasn't that been the US Ladies motto for about a decade now? And usually it's blown up in the end since the Americans haven't been lighting the international scene on fire. Send Bradie and Amber since they earned it with their results and focus on getting them prepared to try and stand a chance against the Russians and the Japanese if Worlds do happen. The US ladies need to stop skating like it's the 2000s and start actually trying to compete with Russia and Japan.

Dogo

On the Ice
Ooh she's such a darling

She's handled everything so well, growth spurt and all. I'm so proud of her. She's obviously still got all her triples.

Despite all the raving about the flip I'm actually relieved at how everything played out this season for Alysa. Pewter medal and hasn't lost all her jumps/spins/EVERYTHING like people were crying at the beginning of the season.
Twitter says she's gonna work on the quad. UgH my heart! 😢 She has nerves of steel, smiles in good and bad moments, and is such a precious hard worker girl.. What else can I ask of her? 🥺

Dogo

On the Ice
I really didn't understand the free skate at all and what they were trying to do with it.

Perhaps if Alysa wasn't smiling her way through it it could have come across as much more. Atmospheric, dramatic, graceful, elegant, any of it. Instead it looked like she was skating something completely different and I don't think she understood the music very well
To be honest, I'll cut her some slack. Some skaters at her age only smile throughout the whole thing or have 1 emotive face. She will get there, she's making progress.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate to break this to y’all but if Simone Biles were to fall 12 times at Olympic Trials she is still on the team...I know it’s a different sport. Ok just saying.