2021 Warsaw Cup: Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Warsaw Cup: Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When I saw the names Solene MAZINGUE / Marko Jevgeni GAIDAJENKO, I thought "I don't think I've seen them before".

But, when they came out, I recognised the costumes. And then I recognised the programme.

They slip into penultimate position, 3 points behind the twins and 10 ahead of the Germans.

CaroLiza_fan

Seven Sisters

Medalist
That would be my dream, but in France, P/C will win - even if they'd stood still the entire time. :laugh:
And here I think it will be S/B who will get a bit of a boost this week—just based on the tech calling at their last event.

But let’s not be so cynical—let’s just enjoy the dancing!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I make no secret that I am not a fan of these hip hop programmes. But, I have to give some props to Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY, because they really went in for it.

I was just starting to write "Much as I love Kana and Dai, I think we're going to get new leaders", when the scores came up. And I got a surprise. The Russians go into 3rd. BUT, they are only a couple of points behind the 2 partnerships above them.

This is going to be a great fight come the Free tomorrow! And we don't know yet who else might join the group!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think I said something like this the last time I saw Viktoria SEMENJUK / Ilya YUKHIMUK, but I am not sure about Viktoria's corset. It doesn't fit in with the rest of their coustumes. It's too fancy!

But, they are another partnership that had a real feeling for the theme.

Had to laugh at Ilya having to ask for help from the coach to get into his jacket. I know that feeling, not being able to twist your arm around to the correct angle to get into the sleeve hole. :laugh:

They slip into 5th position, 0.14 points behind the twins.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, going to rush off now and make some sandwiches, because I definitely want to be back in time to see Molly and Dmitre.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Looks like we are back for the next group. With Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI holding a tight lead over Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS

LadyB

Record Breaker
I've missed Vetlugin's performance in Perm and Molly/Dmitre's dance in Warsaw :( - I hope for all the pairs involved today that this is still my day! :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't get back anywhere near in time, so going to wind back and play catch-up.

Maybe just as well, as now I won't feel bad about having to pause the stream at quarter past to go bidding on something.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So I know nothing in ID but seriously Davis/Smolkin should not be nearly 6 points over than Green/Parsons even with a fall like I know they have all the 'conditions' to get high scores but seriously

NaVi

Medalist
I know little about ice dance and haven't their latest performances, but I like Davis/Smolkin in exactly the same way I like often quirky Ukrainian ice dance team of Nikitin/Nazarova... but I have no qualms about others having qualms about them.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
So I know nothing in ID but seriously Davis/Smolkin should not be nearly 6 points over than Green/Parsons even with a fall like I know they have all the 'conditions' to get high scores but seriously
i agree but it looks like they're set to be Russia N. 3