2021 World Team Trophy: Exhibition | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy: Exhibition

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kaori reminds me of the ☺️ emoji so much.

Let's appreciate Katsalapooooov for wearing actual jeans and not jeggings.

And Vika's got some serious sparkles going on there!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am so sorry. I completely forgot that there was a Gala. :slink:

Just so that the links are in the tread for future reference, I'll do a reminder post anyway. But, rather than being a reminder that it is starting, this will be a reminder that it has finished. :p

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8doExnvCc

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport/world-trophy-ad-free-1600578

And here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2751200

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

lady_bee

Medalist
I am feeling sad, too. It's end of the skating season:cry:.

Before it has started, I was skeptical to hold this event in Oosaka, considering the situation of COVID there,
but watching those skaters who were really enjoying to skate in front of real spectators, I thought it wasn't not so bad.
The competition itself was a great fun, anyway.

I hope situation will be better next season🙏.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ha ha I think Simon might get "Sher-BAK-ova" inscribed on his tombstone at this rate.
Russian speakers, what is the correct pronunciation of Anna's last name? The accent on "bak" confuses me. Should the accent be on "bak" or "o?"

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Russian speakers, what is the correct pronunciation of Anna's last name? The accent on "bak" confuses me. Should the accent be on "bak" or "o?"
Not Russian, but I think it's more like "Sher-ba-KO-va" so it's got four syllables in it not 3.

What was weird was that the rink announcer said it quite clearly with the four syllables, yet Simon kept his pronouncation going :scratch2:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always thought it would be "Sher-ba-KO-va! Thanks for the clarification.

It reminds me of how to correctly pronounce "Brezina.' I actually asked Michal about that @ 2016, after one of his practice sessions. He said, "Bre-ZIN-a." A lot of the commentators would say "BRE-zin-a." I'll go by Michal's pronunciation!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I always thought it would be "Sher-ba-KO-va! Thanks for the clarification.

It reminds me of how to correctly pronounce "Brezina.' I actually asked Michal about that @ 2016, after one of his practice sessions. He said, "Bre-ZIN-a." A lot of the commentators would say "BRE-zin-a." I'll go by Michal's pronunciation!

I'm not Russian either but I think the pronunciation is Sher - bà - ko-va without the accent on the "o", it is just my guess but I remember Maria Sharapova saying that she was fine with being called Sha-ra-pò-va but the right pronunciation should have been Sharàpova.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fun event.

Ice has to be the strongest element on earth; It was able to withstand Liza and Gaby without melting.

Also, tonight we found out that if Kaori decides to tie you up or beat the hell out of you, she could do both rather easily. So stay on her good side. haha

Last edited:

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Fun event.

Ice has to be the strongest element on earth; It was able to withstand Liza and Gabi without melting.

Also, tonight we found out that if Kaori decides to tie you up or beat the hell out of you, she could do both rather easily. So stay on her good side. haha
I don’t remember exactly where, but I saw on Twitter somewhere that Kaori was saying she fights bugs in her apartment!

Pale

Rinkside
Country
Russia
The whole thing with the correct pronunciation is quite tricky.
For instance, Liza once said that it should be TuktAmysheva, but for Russians it sounds rather odd. So commentators use the more natural TuktamYsheva.
Recently Tuktik said that she doesn't bother anymore with this, feel free to say it as you like.

As for Anna, hopefully Simon corrects himself in the future, cause it really is irritating. And BBC commentators had the same wrong pronunciation.