2022-2023 Skate Canada Challenge - Seniors | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2022-2023 Skate Canada Challenge - Seniors

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OK.. i missed Lia because delivery boy..

Grace... old school type of skating (in a good way) . relatively fast (but didn't maintain speed during the entire LP) and smooth. Nice presentation.. but too many doubles. She would at least need to repeat the 3toe as well as the salchow... that's just 3 triples and a bunch of doubles.. and nowadays, it's not enough.. she'll probably get there... but i don't think it's something we will see happening in the next coming years.. even the juniors have more triples.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Sara-Maude was terrific! She skated just as good as when she won the NextGen Juniors (161). She finally surpassed the domestic benchmark of 165 required to be sent to International events. She was so happy to get her score of 167. The international benchmark for Canada Ladies is 155 and she just missed that mark by 1-2 points in her event at Austria. Maybe, Canada will send her to another event if she medals here. Good job Sara-Maude!

Now, unto the three ladies that surpassed 150+ here:
Natalie … okay. She was unknown, but, now known to me. She barely surpassed the Worlds minimum score with 53.09; needs to work on PCS
Lia… I think you need to focus on Pairs. An okay skate here. But, you have a chance to be top ten in the World in Pairs. While, in Ladies, you are barely top ten domestically
Grace… she is so consistent with her three triple jumps. She needs to add an extra 3T to be more competitive and perhaps learn the 3Lo. She fell in her 2A eu 2F… her most difficult combo. That cost her a higher ranking than Lia and Natalie. I think she should change it from a double flip to a double salchow. Also, mad that she received a zero GOE with her last double jump that came out of nowhere. But, she got over 50 PCS; congrats on qualifying to Nationals after missing out last year by 0.04.

Now, unto the last group. Go Kaiya!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Audréanne... very gutsy to put her 3-3 combo so late... too bad it didn't work out .. she should try starting with it... but then, she did land her other triples... so it's probably the layout they think is best for her.
Just happy to see so many women (and also from Qc) doing the flip and the lutz...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow! Sara-Maude was terrific! She skated just as good as when she won the NextGen Juniors (161). She finally surpassed the domestic benchmark of 165 required to be sent to International events. She was so happy to get her score of 167. The international benchmark for Canada Ladies is 155 and she just missed that mark by 1-2 points in her event at Austria. Maybe, Canada will send her to another event if she medals here. Good job Sara-Maude!

Now, unto the three ladies that surpassed 150+ here:
Natalie … okay. She was unknown, but, now known to me. She barely surpassed the Worlds minimum score with 53.09; needs to work on PCS
Lia… I think you need to focus on Pairs. An okay skate here. But, you have a chance to be top ten in the World in Pairs. While, in Ladies, you are barely top ten domestically
Grace… she is so consistent with her three triple jumps. She needs to add an extra 3T to be more competitive and perhaps learn the 3Lo. She fell in her 2A eu 2F… her most difficult combo. That cost her a higher ranking than Lia and Natalie. I think she should change it from a double flip to a double salchow. Also, mad that she received a zero GOE with her last double jump that came out of nowhere. But, she got over 50 PCS; congrats on qualifying to Nationals after missing out last year by 0.04.

Now, unto the last group. Go Kaiya!
I don't think she needs to change that flip for a 2 salchow... pretty similar type of difficulty for her... but she does need to add a triple toe and learn one more triple or 3

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
this is the issue with Amanda... super strong SP skater... but not enough triples to get a stable LP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Amy is nice to watch. Same issue as with Grace though... not enough triples.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
See.. i wouldn't put Amy in first. I understand she skates with quality... but to me it's not an even package when the harder triples are not present

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
damn it... justine falling on both flips, her strongest jump... oh well.. held it together despite the issues

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah.. amy on the podium is a choice... sorry no offense.. but not my thing (i should clarify... amy is fine.. her skating is very nice.. but I think skaters need to have a bit more of a complete arsenal to place that high at Challenge)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kaiya.. sigh... this is the first time i see her truly struggling.. maybe it was the nerves coming from being last to skate and in first...

you know... again... we have all seen her : she has everything needed to compete... except... competition experience... send her out again and again... she will learn.. she's a fighter !

Sackie

Medalist
Kaiya.. sigh... this is the first time i see her truly struggling.. maybe it was the nerves coming from being last to skate and in first...

you know... again... we have all seen her : she has everything needed to compete... except... competition experience... send her out again and again... she will learn.. she's a fighter !
Exactly - she does not have enough experience to realise she needs to take the time to relax and get back into the program. She never should have gone for the 3 Sal an the end of the 2A so soon after the hard fall on the flip.