2022-23 Cup of Russia - Stage 1 - Moscow | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Cup of Russia - Stage 1 - Moscow

snwnprv

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I'm watching Gleb's interview but it feels like Zhenya's. Does Mishin prescribe answers to their questions in advance? :laugh:
Well, Gleb answered in a very dignified manner, modestly and respectfully towards Misha and his other rivals in the competition :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Lol, judges are like, ‘this is looking like a disaster. let’s pad Aliev’s GoEs’. Aliev skates clean’ish… 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Just dropping by (between being busy and ill at an unfortunate time of the month) to say I'm super impressed with Vasilieva/Zaporozhets 🤩 Vika has the commanding presence of a born pairs girl, I'm so glad the discipline switch and new partnership is working out well.
PS anyone else think Roman Z looks kinda like Todd Eldredge?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Almost had that Ignatov’s divide in his skate but I really loved his slide move in the end. It’s something new vs hydroblades and cantilevers

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Just dropping by (between being busy and ill at an unfortunate time of the month) to say I'm super impressed with Vasilieva/Zaporozhets 🤩 Vika has the commanding presence of a born pairs girl, I'm so glad the discipline switch and new partnership is working out well.
PS anyone else think Roman Z looks kinda like Todd Eldredge?
I am with you! I also loved Pleshkov’s new partnership!

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Kind of fun to see they try to make the medal ceremony looking as much as possible like the true GP using same music fanfare etc

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
A troubled event for men, but i am happy to see Aliev win. As much as I appreciate Kolyada’s exceptionality, I prefer Aliev’s brand of delivery/romantics. Not that I wanted to see Kolyada have an even worse meltdown than Popov there. Lutfullin imo was the best in both programs despite his drawbacks in performance.

Fried

Final Flight
Anyway, this is,
But, lost in all the hype, Kamila still was able to pull out the victory. This is Kamila after all, she isn‘t rolling over.
And with a program content like 20 years ago, as TAT put it so aptly some time ago. 👍🏻

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Actually, lol, Popov kept his 6th position somehow.
he was 5th after the short wasn't he?
I think both him and Daniil are not out of the race for a nats spot just yet. Popov has the better chance due to his jump arsenal but he needs to get it together.

Daniil needs his 3A and hope for less stacked stage.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So, to sum up the whole event, I’d say that for me the 4 top pairs, Shul’skaya and Akat’yeva, and Kaganovskaya/Angelopol were outstanding.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
he was 5th after the short wasn't he?
I think both him and Daniil are not out of the race for a nats spot just yet. Popov has the better chance due to his jump arsenal but he needs to get it together.

Daniil needs his 3A and hope for less stacked stage.
Honestly, I can’t remember if he was in 5th or 6th. Magnificent Malinin sort of overshadows everything atm. All stages will likely be as messy as this one in men, but I think they will try to move them both into nationals unless someone performs with unusual stability (maybe?).

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just checked the results, and :oops:
What happened to Zhenya and Vovan, and Misha?! Well, I'm happy for Dima, he deserved a boost. I've got friends staying over, but I hope I'll be able to catch up with some performances.