2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
VERY late finish to the programme for Filip KAYMAKCHIEV (BUL). But, he is getting massive support from the spectators.

I'm relieved to hear that. Yesterday's audience was partisan in favour of the Turkish skaters. But today, we seem to have reverted to the way things were earlier in the week.

2 points in deductions, so he did get penalised for the late finish.

But, he leads both FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"The Chain"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

I know Alp Eren ÖZKAN (TUR) has been using it all season, but it is very timely here, given the death of Christine McVie a few days ago.

As I said the first time we saw him this season, I love the way he uses the verses as well as the iconic instrumental from the end of the song. Most people would just go straight for the instrumental.

And speaking of the instrumental, the audience started clapping along to the beat when it came on.

He was loving every second of this programme!!! And so was the audience.

The Istanbul boy goes into a massive 20.23 point overall lead over Petr KOTLAŘÍK (CZE)!!!

(Although, to be fair, most of that was from the SP. He only leads Kotlařík in the FS by 2.26 points).

:cheer: WELL DONE ALP EREN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was making my second sandwich, so didn't get the opportunity to comment on Burak DEMIRBOĞA (TUR). But, he arguably got even bigger cheeers than Alp Eren!

He took a massive advantage 24.58 point lead over Alp Eren in the FS, which translated into a 37.65 point overall lead.

Then Vladimir LITVINTSEV (AZE) came out.

Now, I know we have been joking about how many years Maurizio Zandron has been using his "Alice In Wonderland" programme, but how long has Vladimir been using his "Rock And Roll" programme?! It seems like forever as well!

Still don't think it's appropriate to be skating to a song by Gary Glitter.

Anyway, he won the FS by 9.62 points over Demirboğa, and overall by 16.07 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's Free Dance Saturday from now on in Istanbul! First up, the Juniors.

Livestream for the Junior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 3h 44m 01s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=13441

Podium Ceremony (starts at 6h 47m 17s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=24437

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG012.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't get commenting during Group 1, firstly because I was finishing my dinner, and then because a delivery man arrived with the new computer monitor.

That was a surprise, because we were told it would not be delivered until between 9th and 19th December! And with so many postal strikes going on over the next few weeks, I thought even that was optimistic! :drama:

As I want to watch the rest of the Bosphorus Cup, having watched all of it so far, I'll leave it until tomorrow to set up the monitor.

Anyway, Group 2 is starting, so not long until my kids are on!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here they are!!!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANGELINA AND ILIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apart from my usual complaint about the choice of song at the start (I know, I need to change the record), I can't find any fault with that performance at all.

To the extent that I wouldn't be surprised if they got a new SB or even PB for it.

Definitely the best so far in this competition. They will take the lead.

They do! By 13.61 points in the FS and by 15.66 points overall.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

This could put them well into contention for the win.

:cheer: WELL DONE ANGELINA AND ILIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sofiia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULESZA (POL) go into second in the FS and overall.

So, with just Iryna PIDGAINA / Artem KOVAL (UKR) to go, it is the 🥈 Silver Medal at worst for my kids.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Watching the RD and admiring the originality of the Ukranians, and then a nasty fall and somehow couldn't get back into it (although they finished the programme, they were off). What a pity. Your kids might win now @CaroLiza_fan which isn't a bad thing.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watching the RD and admiring the originality of the Ukranians, and then a nasty fall and somehow couldn't get back into it (although they finished the programme, they were off). What a pity.

The Judges are certainly taking a VERY long time, so it isn't looking good for the Ukrainians. Means that there is a lot of things under review.

It's awful when that happens. A fall affecting the rest of the programme.

I just wound back to see it again, and I still can't work out what caused it. It was very strange. It didn't look like the sort of fall that would have hurt Iryna seriously. Her chest would have taken the full force of it but, fortunately, she avoided banging her face on the ice. But, it certainly unsettled her.

As for the near collision just afterwards, that was just Iryna coming back and Artem not realising where she was.

But, at least it is over with now, and they can rest and get fully over this before getting ready for their next event.

Your kids might win now @CaroLiza_fan !

On a more positive note...

ANGELINA AND ILIA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I know you don't like to win due to the misfortune of your competitors. But, to be fair, with how well that FS went, I think they could have got it across the line anyway.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now. The end is here. And so we face. The final curtain.

Livestream for the Senior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 5h 13m 39s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=18819

Podium Ceremony (starts at 6h 51m 55s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MotBq7Jrc&t=24715

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@ladyjane - hoping for a great skate from Hanna and Alessio. If things go their way, they have a good shot of getting onto the podium for the first time.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm terrible at "judging" ID, but I hope that at least their ID will be pleasing to the eye. Would be great if they could reach that podium. Yay!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm terrible at "judging" ID, but I hope that at least their ID will be pleasing to the eye. Would be great if they could reach that podium. Yay!

:laugh: You're not the only one! I I am terrible at calling things too. Hey, in the Junior Ladies, I was predicting my kid to go into 2nd or 3rd when she finished her FS, and she instead took a 20 point lead! :drama:

Well, they certainly achieved the first part of your wish. That was beautiful to watch.

I hope the Judges appreciate it.

90.52 in the FD, and 145.58 overall.

New absolute PB's in both (and only a whisker off doing so in the SD as well!) :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Now we just have to wait and see how Lou TERREAUX / Noe PERRON (FRA) get on.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I thought they were going to do the same thing as last year, but they definitely put in more difficulty, especially concerning the lifts and the originality of those, I liked it, but I'm not sure about the twizzles. Could be just the angle but they weren't as synchronised as they should be?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I remember now. Yesterday I just thought and wondered about the familiar face, but Lou's and Noe's coach is Oliver Schoenvelder! And they are in first!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have the feeling that the audience hears the music in a better way than I do, but it's good to hear them enthusiastically clapping to the beat all the same!