2022 CS U.S. International FS Classic Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 CS U.S. International FS Classic Pairs Free Skate

Janice4th

On the Ice
86.02 according to Jackie Wong.
Yes, same! I only just made a golden skate account to ask if anyone knows the results from the first pair, Matte/Fernand. I was watching the whole time on Peacock but somehow I missed their scores and the scores aren't being updated live on the results page.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some nice lift work from Plazas/Fernandez too!

Awful, boring monotone music, though. I assume it’s Captain America, based on the costumes—not that I would know.
I know. All this stuff - I think it’s Marvel Universe? I have no idea. I think I am too old

readernick

Medalist
Very nice. I'm not sure that Spencer expressed that music with quite the correct emotion. He did much better with their program last year. However, they are lovely skaters.

nohateforskate

Rinkside
The mustache returns! I'm so glad about the rule change that made sequences the same value as combos, it's good to see some double axels as the second or third jump. It just opens up more layout possibilities.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
That was hilarious and I loved it, of course. I was glad I had my wine-soaked Italian flag with me—last seen waving for Guignard & Fabbri

nohateforskate

Rinkside
Very nice. I'm not sure that Spencer expressed that music with quite the correct emotion. He did much better with their program last year. However, they are lovely skaters.
It is very early in the season. Hopefully his expression will grow as they get more practice with the program. The early competitions at the beginning of the season don't usually show the full interpretation capabilities of the skaters I think.

readernick

Medalist
It is very early in the season. Hopefully his expression will grow as they get more practice with the program. The early competitions at the beginning of the season don't usually show the full interpretation capabilities of the skaters I think.
Definitely, I just think he naturally does better with more passionate driving music. However, I'm sure he will grow into the performance.

nohateforskate

Rinkside
Definitely, I just think he naturally does better with more passionate driving music. However, I'm sure he will grow into the performance.
True. In a way though, more passionate music is... not easier to express, but perhaps requires less subtlety and nuance than other types. Interpretation of passionate music has expectations, strong gestures, fierce expressions. Which is definitely not easy to do! But softer music brings out different aspects of interpretation. Maybe the music for this program will give the team an opportunity to develop new skills outside of his specialty.