2022 Grand Prix de France Where Are You Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix de France Where Are You Watching?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Anyone know how quickly the ISU puts up skates on demand after the event? If the wet heavy snow tonight doesnt take down trees over power lines, and the rain takes away the snow after it falls, then I have maybe 8 hours before the high wind gusts.....(2015. 3 dead, 20K without power)
1667531351560.png

pearly

Record Breaker
mhm. I saw that past events are there atm. And yeah the challengers are a difficult issue I guess as most of those score pages are done by the hosts not by ISU. So they may no be able/not allowe to integrate those yet?
I just wish they offered the full starting orders and live scoring like they do on the ISUresults. All they give you is the total score, perhaps not even the TES and PSC separately. Not very useful for those who know the sport.

karlowens2

On the Ice
Last week I was in Italy but watched SC on Daily Motion. Any word if it will be available for France GP?

Warwick360

Medalist
Thankfully youtube. I pray to the figure skating gods that I will not have to be subjected with Skate America conditions for the rest of the season and beyond. Figure skating deserves to thrive. Heck, if they put pay per view (without any extortionate charging) on youtube, I think I'd still be willing.

PS: I know VPN is an option. But seems while free ones are slow, paying for a month's VPN for a single 3 day event seems something I'm not willing as of yet.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There is a report on twitter that a replay of the Women's SP is available on Peacock but may only be there for 8 hours. I checked my Peacock on the website and it is there under "sports, latest replays."

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Anyone know how quickly the ISU puts up skates on demand after the event? If the wet heavy snow tonight doesnt take down trees over power lines, and the rain takes away the snow after it falls, then I have maybe 8 hours before the high wind gusts.....(2015. 3 dead, 20K without power)
View attachment 5861

karlowens2

On the Ice
Two tips that might be helpful to some.

1. If you are looking for a country to connect through via vpn to watch the streams on the ISU youtube channel you can go with Austria. Nothing is geoblocked here. I have access to years' worth of archived streams and never needed to circumvent any geoblocking. Lucky me, I guess.

2. The ISU has released an official ISU app a couple of weeks ago and it is really good. Among other stuff, it gives you the starting times of all the events in your correct time zone right there on your mobile device.
There is also the possibility to check skaters' bios and even bookmark them as your favourites. I've favourited 5 skaters so far - I have no idea what it does - but it would be a cool feature if you got a push notification if one of your skaters is entered into an upcoming event or something like that.
Anyway, the ISU app can be downloaded in the respective app stores. Give it a try, it really is useful.
No go from Germany with Austria set as server. I can see Short Track live!! so frustrating

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
No go from Germany with Austria set as server. I can see Short Track live!! so frustrating
Weird, I was just watching parts of the men's SP from Austria without any problems. :scratch2:
ETA: Does your youtube logo look like this?
1667582727218.png

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone watching the gala?
Gala thread is not open.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is anyone watching the gala?
Gala thread is not open.

I forgot all about the Gala. :drama: (I was watching a very exciting finale of the 2022 MotoGP Championship)

Thank you for reminding me. I'll make out a reminder post, in preparation for the thread being opened.

CaroLiza_fan

Livestream for the Gala is now on air.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKcfGjo5wCE

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on Discovery+ UK:
https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/video/sport/dplus-sport-dplus-sport-sport/grand-prix-3201295

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport website:
https://www.eurosport.com/figure-sk..._brdeurosport-e100059724c0ch20026/video.shtml

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/attachments/screenshot_20221105-214053-269-png.5886/

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan