2022 JGP Czech Skate Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Czech Skate Pairs Free Skate

Green Carrots

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I like them a lot!
Sadly Sophia and Daniel have the same issue that the Japanese team has. They are already good and very promising but there's no way they be sticking together competing only nationally for the next 3 seasons.
Yeah I was so disappointed with that... They are really perspective but will they stay together for competing domestically or split... It's a hard question. Good luck to them anyway

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Ooh 3Lz and 3S-3T-2A combo what a way to use their single skater strengths to their advantage!

I like this pair while their pair elements need work they are really promising. Its shame that even tho this is their 1st season together its also their last junior eligible season together, because this is Moriguchis last junior season while its Murakami 1st junior eligible season. She wont be Junior eligible till 26-27 season. Its very unlikely they stay together beyond this season.
The age situation is unfortunate, however the more Japanese skaters training or interested in pursuing Pairs the better
When Kushida/Moriguchi didn't work out Haruna was the one who stepped up so...:shrug: (thankful someone did, I know Sumi is~)
The fact that Japan even has a Junior Pair team competing this season is a win
Usually, JSF would not have assigned an inexperienced team with only basic Pair element ability a JGP
So good on the Fed as well (do it for Ice Dance too, please!)
Going forward, I'm hoping to see HaruSumi develop into two promising Pair teams for Japan

Edit: I know Ikura is only a year older so they would've had a similar issue

Last edited:

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I didn't realize that increasing the age limit will affect pairs so much that some of them will not be able to compete at all, if i understand that correctly. It's pretty sad.:(

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I didn't realize that increasing the age limit will affect pairs so much that some of them will not be able to compete at all, if i understand that correctly. It's pretty sad.:(
These are pairs that wouldn't have been able to compete internationally for a full season even if the age-eligibility for seniors remained at 15. It's just that one season of ineligibility has now turned into three seasons of ineligibility.

A promising pair might have waited out the one season, but it's unlikely that somebody is going to wait three years if they have a chance of making it internationally with a different partner.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
These are pairs that wouldn't have been able to compete internationally for a full season even if the age-eligibility for seniors remained at 15. It's just that one season of ineligibility has now turned into three seasons of ineligibility.

A promising pair might have waited out the one season, but it's unlikely that somebody is going to wait three years if they have a chance of making it internationally with a different partner.
I wonder if this is somehow going to get fixed? Either by returning the pair/dance senior age eligibility back to 15 while keeping the single skates as 17 or by lowering the pair/dance mens junior age maximum to 19 like the women so such a big gap that leaves pairs in a limbo couldn't even exist to begin with.

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I wonder if this is somehow going to get fixed? Either by returning the pair/dance senior age eligibility back to 15 while keeping the single skates as 17 or by lowering the pair/dance mens junior age maximum to 19 like the women so such a big gap that leaves pairs in a limbo couldn't even exist to begin with.
I think ISU should try to fix it, especially with the lack of pair teams this season

midori green

On the Ice
I thought jr pairs (and dance) men could be 21. Still will have one year with no elligible age division, but that's more endurable than three.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought jr pairs (and dance) men could be 21. Still will have one year with no elligible age division, but that's more endurable than three.
Yes, it is. But these teams have large age gaps, 6 years (but effectively 7 since her birthday is after July 1st) for Baram/Tioumentsev and 7 years for Murakami/Moriguchi. Both guys are aging out of junior after this season, and both girls won't be senior eligible for another 3 seasons with the minimum increasing.
Chloe PANETTA / Kieran THRASHER (CAN)
Another Love by Tom Odell

3Tw1
2A
3STh
4Li4
2FTh Fall
ChSq1
BoDs2
2S+2T
5RLi4
PCoSp4

Score: 91.79
Total score: 139.72

There's something about them that I really like. Only double jumps and an unfortunate fall on the second throw, but very emotionally present in the program, and nice connection between them.❤️ They have another year in Juniors (Her birthday is after the first of July), so there's still some time.
They're actually aging out after this season. Chloe turned 19 this July.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
You're right, I missed that she was the older one of the two. Honestly, I find it more unfair that men and women have different age-requirements in pairs/ice dance, than the fact that the biggest realistic age-gap is now 4 (or 5 years, if the months are right), instead of 6 (or 7).

I can't remember a team with such a huge gap that was paired relatively young and then became very successful, do any of you have some examples?

midori green

On the Ice
Yes, it is. But these teams have large age gaps, 6 years (but effectively 7 since her birthday is after July 1st) for Baram/Tioumentsev and 7 years for Murakami/Moriguchi. Both guys are aging out of junior after this season, and both girls won't be senior eligible for another 3 seasons with the minimum increasing.

I think I was paying attention to the girls' ages and forgot the guys were that old already. Thinking is hard. 🤦‍♀️