2022 JGP Egna-Neumarkt: Women's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Egna-Neumarkt: Women's Free Skate

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I know. I had originally prepared the 3A certificate for Alaine, but alas, it was not to be.
Didn't Lisa Sargent attempt one in the early 90s? And Angie Derochie was definitely trying them I think in the late 90s. I vaguely remember Liz Manley playing with one, as well as Josee Chouinard. Any present potential 3axelers in Canada?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Didn't Lisa Sargent attempt one in the early 90s? And Angie Derochie was definitely trying them I think in the late 90s. I vaguely remember Liz Manley playing with one, as well as Josee Chouinard. Any present potential 3axelers in Canada?
I think you are correct with these 4... I remember vaguely about the first 2... but definitely about Liz and Josée. Joannie was playing with the quad toe.. but i never heard about her trying the 3a.

Right now.... no idea... I don't think it's in the mix for a few more seasons.... but the junior women are improving and there are more 3-3 seen in juniors. They have no experience in competition however... Rose Théroux today, showed some good skills but also her lack of experience and confidence.

Fiona Bombardier has huge jumps (Josée's daughter). I could see her attempt harder jumps.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
We should have done the drinking game EVERY time Ted mispronounced a name! We'd all be passed out. I wish he would ask the skaters themselves how to pronounce their names or just do his own research. It bugs me to no end, and is just showing a lack of attention to detail. I mean, he's Canadian and he pronounced the Canadian "Theroh"!! I'm just too much of a perfectionist and have pride in being accurate, especially if it's my job... My level of professionalism would demand it. All of the skaters. How many did he mispronounce? Half? More? But I like his commentary overall.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yeah, that rink must have been haunted, there was quite a bit of unfortunate falls. And, well… all done! Exciting competition.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I feel bad now, always thought Chloe Choinard was his daughter (did no research :laugh2: )
there is a one letter difference :)
Chloé Choinard no U
Josée Chouinard

Fiona is the daughter of Josée and pair skater Jean-Michel Bombardier.

yesterday

Record Breaker
there is a one letter difference :)
Chloé Choinard no U
Josée Chouinard

Fiona is the daughter of Josée and pair skater Jean-Michel Bombardier.
See, no research and I went by sound, not writing :laugh:
Always interesting though when identical or similar names end up in the same niche sports without relation. Often enough there is one.