2022 Skate America Headed to Norwood, Massachusetts | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Headed to Norwood, Massachusetts

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (April 19, 2022) - U.S. Figure Skating announced Tuesday that the Skating Club of Boston in Norwood, Massachusetts will play host to 2022 Skate America. The organization also announced that the 2022 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic and U.S. Challenge Skate will take place in Lake Placid, New York.

“We’re excited to kick off the ISU Grand Prix Series in a venue that celebrates the history of figure skating in the United States,” U.S. Figure Skating Executive Director Ramsey Baker said. “Fans will enjoy the great sight lines and intimate setting while watching some of the world’s top skaters take to the ice. We are also looking forward to welcoming skaters and fans to the U.S. International Classic and U.S. Challenge Skate in Lake Placid at a familiar and recently renovated facility.”

2022 Skate America, which will serve as the first stop on the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, will take place at the Skating Club of Boston in Norwood, Massachusetts, October 21-23, 2022. Opened in the Fall of 2020, the Skating Club of Boston’s new facility is a state-of-the-art, three-rink training facility and performance center. The Tenley E. Albright Performance Center is the centerpiece of the Club’s new facility, and boasts an Olympic-sized arena which will seat just over 2,000 spectators at 2022’s first Grand Prix Series competition.

The 2022 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic, which will be part of the ISU Challenger Series in 2022, will take place at the 1980 Rink-Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, New York, Sept. 12-16, 2022. The United States had hosted the international competition nine times, with it being classified as a Challenger Series event 2014-2019. The U.S. Challenge Skate, which features the top junior and novice skaters from around the United States, will run parallel to the U.S. International Classic.

Tickets for 2022 Skate America will go on sale to the public on Friday, May 6 at 2022skateamerica.com.

skaket023

Rinkside
Those tickets went quick! I had a hard time picking a seat and had to settle for what was left.

Gusmom

Rinkside
Those tickets went quick! I had a hard time picking a seat and had to settle for what was left.
same here. I couldn't figure out how to pick each session individually and my computer kept freezing but I was surprised. Originally they listed all event tickets as only certain rows (all good seats) but now looks like the whole arena is being sold that way. Also, no seats left on the judges' side (though it's not marked on the seating chart -- i wish it were!). :( Disappointed that it's in my own backyard and earlier today the good seats were already gone.