2022 Skate America location revealed (Norwood, Mass.) | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America location revealed (Norwood, Mass.)

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States

2022 Skate America, which will serve as the first stop on the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, will take place at the Skating Club of Boston in Norwood, Massachusetts, October 21-23, 2022. Opened in the Fall of 2020, the Skating Club of Boston's new facility is a state-of-the-art, three-rink training facility and performance center. The Tenley E. Albright Performance Center is the centerpiece of the Club's new facility, and boasts an Olympic-sized arena which will seat just over 2,000 spectators at 2022's first Grand Prix Series competition.

The 2022 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic, which will be part of the ISU Challenger Series in 2022, will take place at the 1980 Rink-Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, New York, Sept. 12-16, 2022. The United States has hosted the international competition nine times, with it being classified as a Challenger Series event 2014-2019. The U.S. Challenge Skate, which features the top junior and novice skaters from around the United States, will run parallel to the U.S. International Classic.

Tickets for 2022 Skate America will go on sale to the public on Friday, May 6 at 2022skateamerica.com.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, okay. Lower on the priority list then for choices of the GP to attend. Vegas location was awesome for me. But I went to SkAm last year, so maybe it's good to have an incentive to look at something else.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow!! An easy trip from Boston and New England in the fall.. Peak foliage is just around that time in MA and a tad earlier in NH .. worth a side trip.. but an important skating event here in NE is super. The rink must be adequate enough else they would not have considered it

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
even though SCOB is a new facility i am surprised they are holding it in a much smaller arena than the usual stadium arena.
Looking at the pic, I am surprised also. The airfare for me isnt horendous ($700) . Not looking forward to the long flights. Hotels will probably be $250-$300 a night....but I wanna see Korean and Japanese skaters....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I suspect they are switching to a smaller arena due to advantages in the bidding process. It should be pretty full with all the pent up demand on the East coast. It will be interesting to see what a front row seat costs... $350? It would be worth it to go just to see Ice Coverage again....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wow!! An easy trip from Boston and New England in the fall.. Peak foliage is just around that time in MA and a tad earlier in NH .. worth a side trip.. but an important skating event here in NE is super. The rink must be adequate enough else they would not have considered it
With expected turnout, I am sure it probably is.....two other events in Lake Placid as well. Beautiful facility and town but hard to get to.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay that’s it’s back on the east coast. Though it guaranteed I won’t be going. Wedding planning trips take priority. And work.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Looking at the pic, I am surprised also. The airfare for me isnt horendous ($700) . Not looking forward to the long flights. Hotels will probably be $250-$300 a night....but I wanna see Korean and Japanese skaters....
Hotels can be had for far less than that. The Hampton Inn is closest to the rink; I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, a bit farther out, but still close and perfectly fine. There is also a Marriott near the HIE.

One disadvantage of this location—no food options within walking distance other than the rink.

Reportedly accessible from Boston on the “T” line (though I did not try that.)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hotels can be had for far less than that. The Hampton Inn is closest to the rink; I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, a bit farther out, but still close and perfectly fine. There is also a Marriott near the HIE.

One disadvantage of this location—no food options within walking distance other than the rink.

Reportedly accessible from Boston on the “T” line (though I did not try that.)
It is accessible to Boston on the T. Its close to Gillette stadium/ Patriot Place , there's restaurants and shopping there.

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even though it seems to be a cool facility, it's just too far away from me to commit to it at this point in time... Maybe if it comes back to Vegas next year...😉

sheskates

Rinkside
This might be the first competition I may go to as only 30 minutes from me.

That is the same weekend as the Head of the Charles regatta so hotels will probably be pricier than usual and book up in advance. But the Boston area is beautiful in October so I highly recommend.