2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
It's so vicious what she is subjected to. Football fans can be crazed and take things too far against people, but it's in the context of that person wearing the wrong colour shirt and if they swapped teams they would cheered and anything forgiven.

This is vicious, violent, relentless abuse and cyberbullying. It's really personal too, the individual itself although a child is completely despised, despite zero proof that she willfully took this drug.

I'm very sorry for the lack of humanity and basic compassion. We are not all like this in the western world, believe me.
I live in the west, I'm not as optimistic as you.

It doesnt matter, this whole world is fallen. This is a horrible day.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
stop.png
Do not discuss doping or political issues.

This includes the banning of Russian skaters due to the war and/or their attitudes/comments on the war.
  • Use the Coaching Thread for related posts - do not discuss coaches and coaching methods here.
  • Use the Valieva (ADRV) thread regarding recent findings.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is thread for Russian Junior Nats :)

JeanA

Rinkside
Margarita Bazylyuk won Russian Juniors in a dominant display. 3axel-3toe in the SP and 3a, 4t-2a, 4s, and 4t-eu-3s in the LP. She was unbelievable. And her performance/ presentation also appeared much improved too. I've been following her progress for years and this was the first time I appreciated her PERFORMANCE. She was on fire and skated like a champion.

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
Margarita Bazylyuk won Russian Juniors in a dominant display. 3axel-3toe in the SP and 3a, 4t-2a, 4s, and 4t-eu-3s in the LP. She was unbelievable. And her performance/ presentation also appeared much improved too. I've been following her progress for years and this was the first time I appreciated her PERFORMANCE. She was on fire and skated like a champion.
I agree. I am so impressed by Margarita this season. She really blasted a path for herself and inspired a lot of skaters (mainly men) to attempt their own 4-4's even though Mark did the 4S eu 4S first two seasons ago. I wanted two clean skates for her with all her ultra jumps at at least one competition and she did it!
If she can keep everything stable she will have a bright future in skating. She said she wants to skate across the ice like Aliona, have the mental strength of Anna, jump as strong as Sasha, and spin as gorgeously as Kamila. I hope what she is manifesting for herself comes to fruition. She has big goals and she is smashing it so far.

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
Also did you guys notice another slow burn rival multi-quadster team is on the rise for the teamtut girls? Moiseeva has 3 ultra-c jumpers in her camp at the junior level: Alena Prineva (4Lz, 4F), Sofia Dzepka (4S), and Milana Lebedeva (4S). Of course they aren't as strong or consistent as Margarita, Petrosian, Alisa, etc and are way more unstable but the trio has potential and Sofia Dzepka especially has very gorgeous jumps. Her landings are some of the best I've seen. I'm looking forward to see how all this plays out for teamtut girls vs teammoi girls in the future. Hopefully a better outing with better results in the future than Plush girls.

This is considering Plush girls results are sadly not it with Sofia Titov (my fave who has plunged into darkness), Veronika Z (another fave who is cursed with constant injuries like my other fave Sofia A and is constantly in-and-out of seasons), Alisa Jurova (severely unstable ultra-c), Alena Z (severely unstable ultra-c), Maria Mazur (severely unstable ultra-c), Kira T (extremely unstable ultra-c), etc. I don't think the Plush-girls will be a major rival for the Tut-girls if this keeps up but the Moiseeva girls may be a big rival in the future as most were able to beat the Plush-girls even without ultra-c at Junior Nats (except for Alena who sadly soft-imploded in the short/free and lost to Kira T who also became a new favorite of mine) and there are already 3 of them at once in juniors right now. I had hope for the Davidov girls (Samodelkina, Kulikova, and Maria), but Samo left becoming a Plush girl now (I have no idea how she'll do in comp), Kulikov went to Sasha's old coach (and isn't doing well), and Maria G from Davidov isn't doing too well now either and...it seems she's getting worse.

I'd love for the Plush girls and Davi girls to become more stable and bigger rivals (the field would go crazy and I'd be at the edge of my seat at every comp seeing so much ultra-c stability) but after so many years it doesn't seem like it's working outside of Muravieva for Plush. Maybe the Moi-girls are the next big thing to rival the ultra-strong tut-girls at the junior level for the next few seasons (since they won't be senior until 16 now I think...).

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Daria Sarymsakova decided to return to figure skating if she restores her triples.

Sarymsakova is a 13-year-old Team Tutberidze skater who had quads in training. A year ago she retired from figure skating and switched to aerial silks.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Bossiest performance ever. Nothing looked difficult.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Its going to be a race between her and her teammates, tho I have more hope in Tasiya landing her 4S before them.

Maria Kotova just posted her 4F

And Dina Khusnutdinova showcased her 4T again, she posted about it at the end of last season.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Taisia Korobitsina has landed the 4S in training and it looks very good.

She might become the first skater who trains outside of Moscow and SPb to land a quad

Taisia has landed a great 4S during Kirov Memorial warm-up today. Unfortunately, she fell in the actual program. Anyway, I think she'll land it somewhere soon. At novice nationals, for example.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Does anyone know Ludmila Fursova's birth month and day? (She was born in 2008.) It's not listed here...

She'll be one of the 12 skaters at this week's Russian GPF. 💪🏼

klena

On the Ice
Does anyone know Ludmila Fursova's birth month and day? (She was born in 2008.) It's not listed here...

She'll be one of the 12 skaters at this week's Russian GPF. 💪🏼
4 june 2008

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Also did you guys notice another slow burn rival multi-quadster team is on the rise for the teamtut girls? Moiseeva has 3 ultra-c jumpers in her camp at the junior level: Alena Prineva (4Lz, 4F), Sofia Dzepka (4S), and Milana Lebedeva (4S). Of course they aren't as strong or consistent as Margarita, Petrosian, Alisa, etc and are way more unstable but the trio has potential and Sofia Dzepka especially has very gorgeous jumps. Her landings are some of the best I've seen. I'm looking forward to see how all this plays out for teamtut girls vs teammoi girls in the future. Hopefully a better outing with better results in the future than Plush girls.

This is considering Plush girls results are sadly not it with Sofia Titov (my fave who has plunged into darkness), Veronika Z (another fave who is cursed with constant injuries like my other fave Sofia A and is constantly in-and-out of seasons), Alisa Jurova (severely unstable ultra-c), Alena Z (severely unstable ultra-c), Maria Mazur (severely unstable ultra-c), Kira T (extremely unstable ultra-c), etc. I don't think the Plush-girls will be a major rival for the Tut-girls if this keeps up but the Moiseeva girls may be a big rival in the future as most were able to beat the Plush-girls even without ultra-c at Junior Nats (except for Alena who sadly soft-imploded in the short/free and lost to Kira T who also became a new favorite of mine) and there are already 3 of them at once in juniors right now. I had hope for the Davidov girls (Samodelkina, Kulikova, and Maria), but Samo left becoming a Plush girl now (I have no idea how she'll do in comp), Kulikov went to Sasha's old coach (and isn't doing well), and Maria G from Davidov isn't doing too well now either and...it seems she's getting worse.

I'd love for the Plush girls and Davi girls to become more stable and bigger rivals (the field would go crazy and I'd be at the edge of my seat at every comp seeing so much ultra-c stability) but after so many years it doesn't seem like it's working outside of Muravieva for Plush. Maybe the Moi-girls are the next big thing to rival the ultra-strong tut-girls at the junior level for the next few seasons (since they won't be senior until 16 now I think...).

Finally unbanned from this thread so I can respond to this.

I appreciate your optimism but I severely disagree with almost everything. Even calling Mois girls "slow burn rivals" or "potential rivals" for Eteri is a gross overstatement. Dzepka has the most gorgeous landings from anybody this whole season but she wasnt even confident enough to attempt ultra-c when it was the decider for her medal at the biggest event of the year. Furthermore and no offence but being dead honest Dzepka doesnt have (or show potential for having) anything remarkable other than her triple jumps while Eteri girls have literally everything and more. Lebedeva also didnt have confidence to even try an ultra-c, she definitely shows more potential than Dzepka overall but shes so tiny its impossible to say anything. Point is neither of them can really even be considered ultra-c girls when they didnt even attempt when it matters most. Im not saying its impossible but theres zero evidence to even state such an assumption as future first class prospects.

Prineva is the only one who has proven realistic potential but shes insanely unstable and finished behind (along with Lebedeva) Trofimova who you wrote off as unstable but she still beat 2/3 girls you mentioned as future Eteri rivals? Even if we give Prineva all benefits of the doubt to make your case as strong as possible 1 girl doesnt really evidence that team Mois has anything to do with Eteri or even being better than Plush. She isnt Zhilina tier or let alone Muravieva. Even if we give Dzepka artistry and everything else AND make her 4S consistent, that Mois pair still doesnt touch Zhilina/Mura, and this assuming all other unproven Plush girls flop and Trofimova stays stagnant.

Veronika Z is already Eteri tier (better actually than everyone other than Petrosian/Akateva) and missing one season is completely normal even though for some reason people act like its a death sentence when weve seen it happen a million times.

I'm sorry I dont want to be mean to the Mois girls thats not the point but seeing you say "see how Mois girls vs Eteri girls plays out" is just an insane idea at this stage. The gap is most probably not closable. Mois girls are provably still competing with Plush, none of the girls show anything like Zhilina and only one of them even beat Trofimova. So even if we want to go doomsday mode and say Zhilina is an injury victim and Titova died to growth spurt its looking 1:1 for Plush and Mois (Dzepka vs Trofimova) and not even going to mention the gap in artistry between Dzepka and Trofimova. Throw in Muravieva like you said and Mois arent even close to Plush never mind Eteri's omegasquad. And remember this is giving Mois best case scenario and Plushenko doomsday scenario so nobody can say im being dishonest.

Quick comment about Titova:

Her first stage went exactly as expected, she was burnt from shows and just needed a stable showing which she did and took a medal. 4th stage was the most insanely stacked junior stage and she had 1 bad free skate which took her out. She had low levels but thats to be expected for a show girl peaking for finals; she expected to land all her jumps clean and had a bad FS after a normal SP (where she just ur'd a 3-3). Its a poor performance for sure but everyone is talking like shes finished over whats effectively one bad skate?

So realize that Titova is still in the convo, but for absolute maximum fairness I didnt even use this point in my earlier argument. Doomsday for Plush vs La-La land for Mois and Plush is still winning out in every scenario.

Then realize the reality if we are fair to Plush and say even one (of 3 you mentioned) of his unstable girls get stable (including Kira who as we said already beat 2/3 Mois girls regardless of stability), in addition to the massive artistic edge team Plush has, and consider Zhilina/Mura theres no world in which the future is looking better for Mois - nevermind even uttering the name of Eteri in comparison which hopefully is an idea I've killed at this point and wont become a common mention.

Last edited: