2023 CS Autumn Classic Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Autumn Classic Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Hello to everyone. Missed this one as I celebrated two weeks off work by walking back on foot from said work :laugh:
But checked the scores, raised my brows in intrigue seeing Pate/Bye clearing the rest by FIVE POINTS, went to search for video.
Man, looks like Igor still has mojo to teach good, SMOOTH skating (he just has 4 FDs on recycle programs for every team). But more seriously, Eva and Logan are team who imho shows REAL progress that deserves scoring progression - and I'm happy seeing this performance getting A SCORE. Their movement/body stylization in choreography deserves a standing o alone - it shows how much work was done to pull this kind of style off so well and that there was a THOUGHT put into making this RD happen. And they had FUN that was natural and infectious.

Who should I search for next???

yesterday

Record Breaker
I actually think that the three new partnerships (Wolfkostin/Tsarevski, Flores/Desyatov, Pedersen/Chen) are better matches than the original partnerships they come from, particularly the first two.
maybe
but do "we" know now what went wrong with his disappearance?

Ziotic

Medalist
Hello to everyone. Missed this one as I celebrated two weeks off work by walking back on foot from said work :laugh:
But checked the scores, raised my brows in intrigue seeing Pate/Bye clearing the rest by FIVE POINTS, went to search for video.
Man, looks like Igor still has mojo to teach good, SMOOTH skating (he just has 4 FDs on recycle programs for every team). But more seriously, Eva and Logan are team who imho shows REAL progress that deserves scoring progression - and I'm happy seeing this performance getting A SCORE. Their movement/body stylization in choreography deserves a standing o alone - it shows how much work was done to pull this kind of style off so well and that there was a THOUGHT put into making this RD happen. And they had FUN that was natural and infectious.

I was in the arena and they were clearly the best.

Actually, Olivia was fabulous but looked to be dragging Tim around. Otherwise Pate/Bye we’re obviously faster and cleaner then the rest.

Hannah was also a star.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, I misjudged the time this started...hope I haven't missed too much...
Welcome to my life, except I usually end up showing up for the last 3 skaters. Or the last skater. Or 2 hours after the event. Whatever.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

There are only 9 of them. But you watched the best already. Not the best skaters but the best music goes to the Korean team!

Last edited:

Andrina

Rinkside
What on earth did Evgenia and Geoffrey do?
Sans contrefaçon is a song about gender identity, extremely symbolic in French-speaking countries. But in the video clip it is a story of a guy falling in love with his marionette who became alive (like Pinocchio for adults). That's why Evgenia moving like a puppet. Evgenia's outfit was inspired by the clip as well.

I guess they used Tristana because most of Mylène's slow melodic songs were released after the 80's so they had no choice but go with it.

rain

Record Breaker
I was in the arena and they were clearly the best.

Actually, Olivia was fabulous but looked to be dragging Tim around. Otherwise Pate/Bye we’re obviously faster and cleaner then the rest.

Hannah was also a star.
Olivia Smart is a total star and I see the new partnership progressing quickly, though they clearly have some things to work on if they want to get top scores (they currently don't swizzle in synch, for example).

Ava Pate also has that star quality. I'd like to see her relax into the expression a little more, as she seemed to be pushing really hard at it here rather than just embodying it. Lots of adrenaline, I think.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sans contrefaçon is a song about gender identity, extremely symbolic in French-speaking countries. But in the video clip it is a story of a guy falling in love with his marionette who became alive (like Pinocchio for adults). That's why Evgenia moving like a puppet. Evgenia's outfit was inspired by the clip as well.

I guess they used Tristana because most of Mylène's slow melodic songs were released after the 80's so they had no choice but go with it.
Thank you for this explanation it helps my understanding and appreciation of this program a lot.