Name
Nation
1Viktoriia AZROIAN / Artur GRUZDEVARM
2Adrienne CARHART / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI
RD: “Caribbean Queen” and “The Long and Winding Road” by Billy Ocean
FD: “Skyfall” by Adele ; “Square Escape” by Hans Zimmer
AZE
3Natalia PALLU-NEVES / Jayin PANESAR
RD: "Need You Tonight" by INXS, Andrew Farriss, Michael Hutchence; "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS, Andrew Farriss, Michael Hutchence; "New Sensation" by INXS, Andrew Farriss, Michael Hutchence
FD: "1999" by Prince; "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Prince; "Kiss" by Prince; choreo by Penny Coomes, Nicholas Buckland, Zhanna Palagina
BRA
WDYuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN
RD: "Like a Prayer" by Madonna; 'Love Song" by Madonna; "Express Yourself" by Madonna
FD: "When You’re Good To Mama" (from "Chicago") by Queen Latifah, Taye Diggs; "Nowadays" (Roxie) (from "Chicago") by Renée Zellweger , Taye Diggs; "Hot Honey Rag" (from "Chicago") by Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Taye Diggs; choreo by Massimo Scali, Luca Lanotte , Nicolò Tacchetto, Sini Parkkinen
FIN
WDLou TERREAUX / Noe PERRON
RD: "Flashdance- What a Feeling" by Irene Cara; "Maniac" by Irene Cara
FD: "Solitude" by Sofiane Pamart; "Je Suis Malade" performed by Sofiane Pamart
FRA
4Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN
RD: "Bad" by Michael Jackson; "Liberian Girl" by Michael Jackson; "Cheater" by Michael Jackson
FD: "Swan Lake Ballet Suite" by Riccardo Muti; Pyotr Tchaikovsky; "Nina's Dream" by Clint Mansell from the Black Swan Original Soundtrack; choreo by Elena Novak
GEO
5Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN
RD: “Beds are Burning” by Midnight Oil, “Don’t Leave Me Now” by Supertramp, and “Runaway” by Bon Jovi
FD: "Tango" by Mgzavrebi; "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Aydar Gaynullin; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
GER
6Karla Maria KARL / Kai HOFERICHTER
SP: "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS; "Kiss" by Prince; "Need You Tonight" by INXS
FS: "Exogenesis: Symphony Pt. 1 (Overture)" by Muse; "Two Men in Love" by The Irrepressibles; choreo by Stefano Caruso; Robynne Tweedale
GER
7Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO
RD:
FD: "Slip" by Elliot Moss; "Utopia Overture;" "Dark Side" by Bishop Briggs
HUN
WDShira ICHILOV / Dmytriy KRAVCHENKO
RD: "Get Down on It" by Kool and the Gang; "Yesterday;" "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls; choreo by Igor Shpilband and Pasquale Camerlengo; musical arrangement by Hugo Chouinard
FD:
ISR
WDMariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY
RD: "Faith" by George Michael; "Careless Whisper" by George Michael; "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" by George Michael
FD: "No Life Without You" by Joseph Loduca; "The Battle" by Hans Zimmer, Lisa Gerrard; "Now We Are Free" by Hans Zimmer, Lisa Gerrard; choreo by Halit Chair Moracci; Igor Shpilband; Pasquale Camerlengo
ISR
8Sofiia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULESZA
RD: "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham!; "Only You" by Savage, Roberto Zanetti
FD: "Overture - Hannibal" (Phantom of the Opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber; "The Music of the Night" (Phantom of the Opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Gerard Butler; "The Point Of No Return" (Phantom of the Opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum
POL
9Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV
RD: "Private Dancer" by Tina Turner; "The Best" by Tina Turner
FD: "An der schönen blauen Donau (On the Beautiful Blue Danube), Op. 314" by Johann Strauss
POL
10Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikolaj MAJOROV
SP: "The Race Club Mix" by Yello; "La Habanera" by Yello; "I Love You" by Yello; "The Race Club Mix" by Yello
FS: "The Spy and the Liar" by Shell Games, Jared Emerson-Johnson, Mike Geier; "I Expect You To Die" by Bonnie Bogovich. The Yinzer Singers (choir); choreo by Maria Tumanovska-Chaika
SWE
11Zoe LARSON / Andrii KAPRAN
RD: "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters; "Just The Two of Us" by Bill Withers; "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls
FD: Notre-Dame de Paris musical soundtrack, including "Dance mon Esmeralda”
UKR
12Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV
RD: "Unchain My Heart" by Joe Cocker, Bobby Sharp, Freddy James, Teddy Powell; "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi, John F. Bongiovi, Desmond Child, Richard S. Sambora
FD: "Vogue" by Madonna, Shep Pettibone; "Frozen' by Madonna and Sickick, Patrick Leonard; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
UKR

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now. The end is near. And so we face. The final curtain.

We conclude our Free Dance double-bill, and the competitive part of the event, with the Senior Dancers. 12 partnerships, arranged into a group of 4; then a resurfacing; then two groups of 4.

Livestream for the Senior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFn1Yy-d80

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://results.vistream.com.pl/FS/2...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
results.vistream.com.pl/FS/2324/CSKAZ2023/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Senior Free Dance
Warm-up Group 1
WD 1 Viktoriia AZROIAN / Artur GRUZDEV ARM
2 Natalia PALLU-NEVES / Jayin PANESAR BRA
3 Karla Maria KARL / Kai HOFERICHTER GER
4 Sofia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULEZA POL

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That's a good start. The partnership that was due to go at #1, Viktoriia AZROIAN / Artur GRUZDEV (ARM), has withdrawn.

Well, I suppose that will give me a bit more time to eat my cereal during the resurfacing!

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2 Natalia PALLU-NEVES / Jayin PANESAR BRA
1999 by Prince, Nothing Compares 2 U by Prince, Kiss by Prince
They wear black unitards with turquoise trim (why not purple). At first I thought we were back in the RD, but no this is the FD. One move went awry and they don't have enough funk in this dance for me. Nice to see BRA have an entry in ice dance.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just had a look at Natalia and Jayin's ISU Bio, and I had to laugh. Whoever filled out the form clearly misunderstood one of the questions, as they both have each other listed in the "Former Partners" section! :laugh:

Not often you get a Prince medley. And not often (in general, not just in skating) that you hear the original version of "Nothing Compares To You" rather than Sinéad O'Connor's cover.

I like them. So glad that the switch to Brazil means that they are getting to compete internationally more regularly. The British Senior field will be getting very chock-a-block in the next few years, so it was a wise move.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3 Karla Maria KARL / Kai HOFERICHTER GER in black and royal blue outfits skate to Exogenesis: Symphony Pt. 1 (Overture) by Muse and Two Men in Love by The Irrepressibles. The butterfly music from Winds & Hurricanes. Great lift combos to start. I remember liking this program. There is a refinement to them that we don't always see with the German couples.Very musical and a skate that draws you into the program. Love this.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4 Sofia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULEZA POL dressed in black (she in navy?) skate to Overture - Hannibal (Phantom of the Opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber,The Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Gerard Butler and The Point Of No Return (Phantom of the Opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum. Very Davis/White & Virtue/Moir inspired. At the end she unmasks him.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice resurface and then...
Warm-Up Group 2
5 Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO HUN
6 Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV POL
7 Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV UKR
8 Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikolaj MAJOROV SWE

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
4 Sofia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULEZA POL dressed in black (she in navy?)

Yep, just went up close to the screen, and it looks navy to me. And an absolutely beautiful dress it is too! :love:

I know people have complained for years about "Phantom Of The Opera" being over-used. But, perhaps because of all the complaints, it hasn't get used as much in recent years. So, it makes a nice change to have somebody skating to it.

I enjoyed it. A good way to go into the interval.

Time for breakfast.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
5 Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO HUN- no music listed.
She is from Russia and he from Ukraine. Dressed in black with hints of mauve and flesh colors. He has cut his hair and grown a beard (far different from last year's clown). Music is an abstract set of vocalizations changing into Welcome to my Dark Side. Great lifts and spins. A bit slow. Not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
5 Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO HUN- no music listed.
She is from Russia and he from Ukraine.

Same as Mariia ALIEVA / Yehor BARSHAK (GEO) earlier in Juniors. All four are from different places, though.

Have to be honest, this programme wouldn't be my taste. But they skated it well.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
6 Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV POL skate to An der schönen blauen Donau (On the Beautiful Blue Danube), Op. 314 by Johann Strauss. How nice to get a waltz. She in peachy pink and he in black tie and tails.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, boys but Pavel lost control when he was spinning at speed at one point. I was scared he was going to career into Anastasia. :eek:

When it is done clean, this programme will be absolutely beautiful. But, I'm biased as I love "Blue Danube" and wish it was skated to more often.

It's amazing how a partnership can have two such contrasting programmes for a season, and for me to love them both!

Into 4th in the FS, and 3rd overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Absolutely beautiful costumes, but they have got nothing to do with the music. Madonna has an instantly recognisable look, and this isn't it.

Didn't like the re-mixes of "Frozen" and "Vogue". They are great songs, so just leave them as they are!

Eh?! Where did the Spice Girls pop out of?! This was supposed to be a Madonna medley!

The skating was great, though. Which more than made up for the music being messed about with.

Into a massive lead in both the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooo Nikolaj looks very nice in his tux.

Except they've left him and his partner's names on the screen, now we can't see their feet properly!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolutely beautiful costumes, but they have got nothing to do with the music. Madonna has an instantly recognisable look, and this isn't it.

Didn't like the re-mixes of "Frozen" and "Vogue". They are great songs, so just leave them as they are!

Eh?! Where did the Spice Girls pop out of?! This was supposed to be a Madonna medley!

The skating was great, though. Which more than made up for the music being messed about with.

CaroLiza_fan
Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV UKR -strong skating skills to this program. They deserve better material.

Sorry but I am just barely awake. I dozed off during this this one. Want to sleep, but I fear the stream won't last like yesterday's.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
8 Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikolaj MAJOROV SWE - A story program to The Spy and the Liar by Shell Games, Jared Emerson-Johnson, Mike Geier and I Expect You To Die by Bonnie Bogovich. The Yinzer Singers (choir). A new way to do a Bond program without using Bond music. I love it and Milla and Nikolaj look great.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-Up Group 3
9 Adrienne CARHART / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI AZE
10 Zoe LARSON / Andrii KAPRAN UKR
11 Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN GER
12 Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN GEO