2023 CS Warsaw Cup Men's Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Warsaw Cup Men's Free Skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I admire Lukas' gumption and approach in general: he skated a "Love is a Bitch" program a year after Jason's :biggrin:

He has come very very very far since those days :)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown (236.75) better watch out cause Tomoki Hiwatashi just scored 249.11 at Mids.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Jason Brown (236.75) better watch out cause Tomoki Hiwatashi just scored 249.11 at Mids.
I love Tomoki, but I don't think, with additional mileage on this program between now and Nationals, that Jason will leave so many jumping points on the table, and I definitely don't expect him to score sub-80 in the short again.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason knows what he needs to work on. Luckily at this stage, Jason isn't skating for bronze or silver at Nats, but for the joy of skating.

And we are the lucky ones that he is still skating, :)

However, if Tomoki has finally found stability in his new coaching home, good for him. This is obviously not the best Jason can do with these programs.

I have always said that the world's best gala would ditch the jump contest, and have a Russian split-off between Jason and Tomoki:hap10:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason !!!! :clap:

Seeing the positions, the quality, the precision in each movement.:love2:

Doubled jumps, who cares....

But the music, I'm still trying to like it for your sake Jason, I'm trying.
I don't hate the music. They do need to beef up the program. He skated quite well, but it needs more meat. The popped lutz didn't help and there was a minor skid in the SS, but I think they will boost that Step sequence and he'll max the jumps when it's fully trained. But his confidence and delivery was SO much better than the short. The program is coming. It is an odd program and I think with tweaking and intensity of delivery, it will shine very brightly. It will take intensity to sell that. And they know that. But the opening 3A was good and there was no sign of nerves. His competition was fierce, because he was behind from the short, but Mark delivered a very nice program and Lukas is moving up. He's very committed and his consistency is getting better. The top 3 in this competition were very good! It was a really good idea for Jason to do this competition. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do another one if that happens to be possible. This was a good one to do. Good audience, looked like good ice and a friendly environment. And the commentary was knowledgeable. I have to watch replays of Espoo now. I stayed with Warsaw.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I admire Lukas' gumption and approach in general: he skated a "Love is a Bitch" program a year after Jason's :biggrin:

He has come very very very far since those days :)
I'm pretty sure they both skated to it the same season. I remember it because I thought it was cool that two skaters chose a music I liked and hadn't heard before. Memory though?

Anyway they have both come far since those days :)

Congrats to Lukas, Mark and Jason!

Very happy for Gabriel(SWE) on his way up again. 16 points better in the short and 14 in free = 30 points PB.

Also enjoyed Edward (GBR) who has progressed a lot!

ETA I haven't seen all skaters. I'm sure there were many great performances.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pretty sure they both skated to it the same season. I remember it because I thought it was cool that two skaters chose a music I liked and hadn't heard before. Memory though?

Anyway they have both come far since those days :)

Congrats to Lukas, Mark and Jason!

Very happy for Gabriel(SWE) on his way up again. 16 points better in the short and 14 in free = 30 points PB.

Also enjoyed Edward (GBR) who has progressed a lot!

ETA I haven't seen all skaters. I'm sure there were many great performances.

You may be right, my memory is not all that good. :biggrin: That makes it even more impressive.