2023 German Championships | Golden Skate

2023 German Championships

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm planning forward to watching this for the first time!
Looking forward to pairs :) and ice dance the most

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm planning to watch as well - at least part of it because I am working during the day. But the senior pairs will be at times I can watch. I am really looking forward to that. Three pairs and two spots at EC and WC! Exciting.

Sabine

On the Ice
I'm planning to watch as well - at least part of it because I am working during the day. But the senior pairs will be at times I can watch. I am really looking forward to that. Three pairs and two spots at EC and WC! Exciting.
It is indeed, but I don't see a chance for no. 3 to earn a spot with 40pts. behind H/K and 30pts. behind E/B.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Agreed, but I didn't know the points difference, I only knew all three couples got a medal at a GP! But the decision for EC is made anyway!

Sabine

On the Ice
Agreed, but I didn't know the points difference, I only knew all three couples got a medal at a GP! But the decision for EC is made anyway!
You could still replace one of the best two with the third one, because they are substitutes, which probably will only happen if one of them is ill or injured.
There ist a summary of the best 3 intl. competitions and R/S are clearly behind. A medal at a GP doesn't mean much, if you got a weak field and earn a lower score. The qualification system in Germany works pretty well I would assume.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh good, this is on today. I was already suffering a bit from figure skating withdrawal.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I love the flash of lander in the result page

As somebody who loves studying flags, so do I!

I've often wished that all National Championships would do the same. And especially the Russian and Japanese Championships. It would be a much quicker visual representation of where skaters are from for those of us that are not native Cyrillic / Kanji readers and have to think about what letters / symbols we are looking at.

Although, it would be nice if the Germans had a column for the clubs as well as the column for the Länder. Becaue that is also interesting to know.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Happy New Year Everybody!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

And we start 2023 with the German Championships. It's been a long time since I watched the German Championships, because they are normally held the same week as the French and 4 Nationals Championships. So, well done to the GErman Fed for moving them this season

Today we have all of the Senior Short Programmes . And we start with the 4 girls.

Livestream for the Senior Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 12m 16s):
https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/deutschen-meisterschaften-2023-tag-1

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/FSKWSINGLES-----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Boys, but it is good to hear those trumpets again! 🎺

By the way, although you don't need a VPN to watch the stream, you do need to disable your ad-blocker.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Elisabeth JÄGER (BAY) hasn't come up on my radar before. Probably because last season's Coupe de Printemps was her first competition outside of German speaking countries.

OK, so she had a fall early on. But, on the whole, I loved that programme.

Great introduction to a new skater for me.

And now for another.

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Eva struggled with the jumps today but got the audience on board with her step sequence. :dance3:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Like the first skater, the second is also from Bavaria. However, whereas Elisabeth JÄGER was from the Munich club, Eva BALDUZZI is from the Regensburg club.

Eva is also new to me. Unlike Elisabeth, she hasn't competed outside German-speaking countries.

She wasn't bad either.

Such a pity the livescoring page isn't livescoring. I was busy writing this and didn't catch her position.

Now for somebody I do know. And the first that is not representing Bavaria.

CaroLiza_fan