2023 JGP Budapest Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Budapest Free Dance

icewhite

Record Breaker
I enjoyed the French team and wish they had won.

The list of music I would ban is quite short, and would only include the following:
"In This Shirt"
"Rain, in Your Black Eyes"
Beth Hart
Muse
Coldplay
Webber
Forest Blakk
"Hallelujah"
Miserable Notre Dame
Those emo covers that Canadian women always skate to
"Feeling Good" (possible exception for Nina Simone)
Josh Groban
"Vincent" by anyone
A Moulin Lala Land Is Born
Marilyn Monroe programs (unless Mazarova returns to competitive skating)
Hip Hip Chin Chin
Beatles covers
Beatles
"Imagine"

The list of music I want to see more often:
Rednex
Requiem for a Dream (electronic dance version)
Yma Sumac

I agree with most of it... does anybody like Josh Groban songs?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In all seriousness, I would never ban any piece of music. Scott and Tessa had a great Moulin Rouge just to give one example.

I just wish there were more variety as the amount of music is infinite and that better music cuts were made.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
My working theory is that Marina Zoueva has cursed Jeffrey Chen, because the falls started around the time he left her to be coached by Igor Shpilband and they haven't stopped ever since 😂
Voodoo. She must have a hair strand or towel or discarded tissue. Yeah it's voodoo.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, this is a thread topic every once in a while (and for good reason, skating fans are passionate about their music).

I will rewatch Grant Hochstein's Les Miz whenever I need a lift. Have a gazillion other skaters done it? Sure, but for me, for this program, it's something I will listen to time and again.

Same with Josh Groban. Will I independently listen to any of his streams, music, etc. No. But the right skater can redeem it. ;)

I will never want to hear Rednex again ever. Not even Jason could save it. But some people love it. So for me, that's what the muting button is for. :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Okay, here you go. Officially all medalists are crowned plus Ashlie/Atl and Olivia/Dylan got crowns too.
I can sleep for a week. But Gdańsk next week. Lol.
20230923_195821.jpg

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If it weren't for figure skating... i wouldn't have a clue who he is either.

Now THIS is a thread.

"Musicians/Singers I have never heard of except for figure skating". I think it would reach 20 screens easy.

For me: every single modern emo sadboi singer that junior men have used. 😅

Two Feet and Kaleo, no earthly *clue* who they were before Jason. Didn't even know if they were groups or solo singers

and the list would go on....

icewhite

Record Breaker
Now THIS is a thread.

"Musicians/Singers I have never heard of except for figure skating". I think it would reach 20 screens easy.

For me: every single modern emo sadboi singer that junior men have used. 😅

Two Feet and Kaleo, no earthly *clue* who they were before Jason. Didn't even know if they were groups or solo singers

and the list would go on....

Me: many of those artists that seem to specialize in covers.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't think he's a bad singer. I just hate his songs. And I especially hate his songs for figure skating.
Let's not hate the artists... They don't have a say when they end up on the ice... it's really the choreo and coaches and sometimes, the skaters themselves, who make bad choices.

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think they'll stick out this season, but yeah, she's not ready to go senior yet, and he's not going to be junior-eligible anymore, regardless of if he will split with her because she falls too much or not.

What is Avonley’s status?

icewhite

Record Breaker
Let's not hate the artists... They don't have a say when they end up on the ice... it's really the choreo and coaches and sometimes, the skaters themselves, who make bad choices.

Oh I hope it's clear that when I say "hate" I mean that in a teenage way to express my very personal taste, it's a :dbana: :devilish: , not 🤮 .

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
What is Avonley’s status?
There's really no evidence that she's even skating anymore, and I do think if she was available Jeffrey and her would have likely already had a tryout or something.

Marianne Hubert (CAN) is still listed on Ice Partner Search (not necessarily always accurate but still), so if he's okay with moving she might be a good fit. She's pretty short (152 cm), old enough for seniors and has international experience.